GeneralMatt's Creation Thread

It's looking good.

I thought warships had gun turrets. :mischief:
Some get rushed out of the dockyard to do battle before the ship is even finished.

And that is a direct reference to this ship I think.. :p
Let me see if I can post a pic..

Cool.

And that is a direct reference to this ship I think.. :p
Let me see if I can post a pic..

Cool.
The picture looks good Matt... but the Bridge is still visible... shouldn't it show the bridge being destroyed by the Bismarck's 15" shells with a dead admiral, and shouldn't it show itself capsizing from Japanese torpedoes?

The picture looks good Matt... but the Bridge is still visible... shouldn't it show the bridge being destroyed by the Bismarck's 15" shells with a dead admiral, and shouldn't it show itself capsizing from Japanese torpedoes?

No, I think I would rather it show Churchill and Roosevelt meeting on it's decks, it banging up the the said Bismark either as the Prince of Wales or the King George V, hitting the Scharnhorst, vitally, Transporting the PM to the US for Christmas, Present at the Japanese surrender.. :lol:

thanks psbob!

Really, this is one of the best looking ships we've had for any of the Civ games period! Really, really good work Matt! I think the bridge should show where two different admirals stood for the sinking of two different battleships. The only class to do that in WW2. Not to mention there was no admiral on PoW at Dennmark Straight and Captain Leech survived that hit although he was not so lucky 6 months later . . .

Muhaha...

Quietly getting there...

Hmmm... nothing eh? How about this... anybody want another ship?

Err, just out of curiosity can GM access the site or not? A week or so ago he posted in my "Don't tread on me" thread. :confused:

BTW these ships are all beastly.

EDIT: He was on yesterday at 2 PM?

Err, just out of curiosity can GM access the site or not? A week or so ago he posted in my "Don't tread on me" thread. :confused:

EDIT: He was on yesterday at 2 PM?
Yes and no... he can't access the forum "normally" like you or I can... he has to use a Proxy-Server, which is a big pain for him... it's even harder to post then to browse, so his visits are rare and his posting rarer still. At least that's how I understand it.

BTW these ships are all beastly.
Are you speaking of the source/original ship, or the model quality?

Industrial age ships (especially of the pre-dreadnought age like this one) were quite ugly... in a beautiful sort of way. :lol:

If you were speaking of the model... well, look at the original ship... it's ugly too!

Yes and no... he can't access the forum "normally" like you or I can... he has to use a Proxy-Server, which is a big pain for him... it's even harder to post then to browse, so his visits are rare and his posting rarer still. At least that's how I understand it.
That sucks..:(
Are you speaking of the source/original ship, or the model quality?

Industrial age ships (especially of the pre-dreadnought age like this one) were quite ugly... in a beautiful sort of way. :lol:

If you were speaking of the model... well, look at the original ship... it's ugly too!
I guess "good quality" are the right words. ;)

You should get into ship building DK... there's plenty of room for another ship modeler and plenty of ships still to be done.

I can't say I haven't been considering it. :hmm:

Its always an option, I'll try a prototype and see how it comes out. Got a request? (we should probably move this to my creations thread ;))

Alright... check your thread.... gauntlet down...

Weird angle... but it is moving along...

He calls it "proxy servers"... it's just a fancy way of saying that someone several hundred miles away goes on Civfanatics then writes down what's on the forum, hands that to a monkey that then jumps on a unicycle, rides five miles to the next town where he hands the message off to the guy at the local telegraph office who sends it out to GMatt's town where the guy on the receiving end takes it and yells the contents up to Matt who is hiding in his secret unit-making treehouse. Posting to the forum is essentially the same process in reverse. There may or may not be a carrier pigeon involved in this process as well...

Top Bottom