[GS] Geographical Feature Labels

That they all have to use the roman alphabet, I can understand, but why do the city names, and geographical labels, need to be translated too?
It's weirder than that for some civs. For example, Arabia has both Aleppo and Halab on their city list. :crazyeye:

One problem they run into is that several Civs in the current game share geographical areas and terrain features: Scythia, Russia, Hungary and Poland overlap, for instance, as do Germany and Poland, Norway and Sweden depending on the time period, and the USA or Canada and the Cree. My preference would be for them to do their homework and wherever possible, have 'native' names for rivers closest to starting positions, and keep them separate in a given game. So if a river closest to the Scythian start position is labeled the Tanais, Russia will not get a Don River in that game.
City names have the same problem, especially since the same city, if it's been around long enough, will be in several different 'civs' under several different names. One of the previous Civ games (can't remember which one at the moment), for instance, had the Roman city of Lutetia in its list, and, of course, Paris in the French list - same city under different titles and rulers.

I confess, sometimes that simplifies things. I love to conquer Russia as the Scythians, or vice-versa, because the artificial Scythian city names they used are almost all Russian - don't have to rename a thing to keep my resulting empire uniform!

I think I have seen Mount Tambora near Indonesia capital.....

Top Bottom