German help needed

Gumbolt

Phoenix Rising
Hi all

Heres what I want people to try by posting a 1500bc and a 1ad save.

(deleted no early wars rule to keep the locals happy)

The start

Spoiler :

The save is attached. I am interested to see people tech choices and how they start. e.g. worker worker/ Agriculture Ah, BW etc.

Attachments

• Blitz time BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    53.5 KB · Views: 125
Yes I know 3 gold should be easy but peaceful play is scuppering me at present.

Emperor, epic, continent. Sorry should of included that.

Emperor player here. I usually play normal speed though.

Is it Freddie or Biz?

If I ever see gold, silver or gems, I immediately think Oracle-MC. Which is what I am thinking right now. I would move the scout 1S then 1W to look on top of the hill. Then I would probably move 1 E and settle, just so I had 3 gold in my BFC.

Edit: They have hunting/mining, so I would research AG and build a worker. You wouldn't need a road right away, so I might so Myst second for Stone Henge and a start on the oracle line.

Nice start. Choices choices, looks like a great commerce site with good production, I'd be tempted to settle 1 south looking at the SS. Now I need to go check the leader/civ details to find out what they start with. Probably farm one of the FP's for growth. With the look of the nearby land I'm pretty confident there will be a strategic resource somewhere (SSW looks possible so another reason to move but not sure if that is possible with so many resources in one location or if it already has something like a food resource).

I'm guessing huts are on as the SS looks like you just popped a map from one (lots of sea to see on the mini-map). If huts are on I'm guessing events are on too.

Edit: @Budweiser
Good point, hopefully it's Bismark. I was already assuming it was via some link from him to blitz time via the boat I think...

Oh its Bismark so expansive and industrious.

I'd move the settler 1 SE, see what's found, then move 1 East possibly, unless SOMETHING jumped out at me, like 15 huts.

3 riverside gold, 3 floodplains for 3 mines, and 3 food for growth, at population 7, need to work the corn.

Take Civil Service from the Oracle..:lol:..ok ridiculous statement, most interesting, I'll probably have a go at it, Gumbolt.

I'd move the settler 1 SE, see what's found, then move 1 East possibly, unless SOMETHING jumped out at me, like 15 huts.

3 riverside gold, 3 floodplains for 3 mines, and 3 food for growth, at population 7, need to work the corn.

Take Civil Service from the Oracle..:lol:..ok ridiculous statement, most interesting, I'll probably have a go at it, Gumbolt.

I just wanna see how others play it. A good capital does not always = victory.

I wish I was home so i could play this now.

Since its Biz, I would settle 1E and go AG>MYST>BW.

I would chop Henge. I would probably work a gold after the corn was irrigated then I would farm the flood planes eventually. I would put the Oracle(MC) and SH together in the cap and pump priests, trying to work in more settlers along the way. I would probably take christianity with a GP, but I would wotk alpha, math, const after the oracle techs.

Then I would lose because I didnt build any troops. If you develop those gold tiles, the barbs will go striaght for tthem unless you fog bust real well.

Settling 1s seems obvious choice from map. 1SE gets you desert. 1e would waste a flood plain. Question is what is hidden in the fog?

@ Gumbolt - Why should I value one flood plain so highly in this case?

1E saves a turn, and allows more hills in the BFC. Of course our scout will reveal the fog to the south before we actually move 1E.

I'd probably settle in place. 3 gold is nice, but needs lots of food to work it. Plus reading the fog you have a clearing 1S of the corn, so maybe even another resource. Worker while researching Ag, then figure out what to do after based on the map.

Wow - I hope I get home from work in time to give this a go. Here's another vote for 1S - I'll give up the turn for the three gold. Very curious to see the surroundings though - you wouldn't have posted this if there wasn't a twist, because the capital clearly does look ridiculous.

Hey Gumbolt - Do we call this the "Emperor's Cooked-Book"

Hey Gumbolt - Do we call this the "Emperor's Cooked-Book"

I was thinking a series that just ran to 1ad to compare startups for new players.

Emperors starting block? Emperor - BC hurdle series? Maybe 1ad series? Start up series? Building block series?

Any ideas on better names? Daily start up rounds?

Wow - I hope I get home from work in time to give this a go. Here's another vote for 1S - I'll give up the turn for the three gold. Very curious to see the surroundings though - you wouldn't have posted this if there wasn't a twist, because the capital clearly does look ridiculous.

I have put conditions on the start that mean no DOW on the AI unless they naturally do so on you. So no worker stealing or DOW. The map is as it was when i generated. I have made no changes.

It should be an easy map really but I just wanna see how people play the Germans.

1500 AD

Spoiler :

I eschewed immediate rexing to get Stonehenge and GW in the cap - hut pops were part of decision. Also, early scouting showed that we weren't in eminent danger from too close AIs - looks like Ragnar may be closest. I felt with GW up I have plenty of room to then expand nicely without worrying about a lot of units. I'm also not one that has any issue with GP pollution. I think an early great spy can be quite useful.

Teched AG (then popped it in hut), also popped Masonry which was nice, then BW, Wheel, Myst, IW, AH. IW early seemed obvious without copper. My first settler went north to grab that iron but there's also a horrible location to the southwest.

If I can get that stone online soon I'll probably make a play for the Mids, but probably in a different city than the cap. The gold is really helping research.

I have the granary in cap already and the library on the way - giving hammers to it during growth in between settlers. Settlers/workers will be priority in cap for the time being.

Top Bottom