Votes: 21 51.2%
  • I know a little about Germany

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Colonel Klink,I know nossink!

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
1) How many "free states" are among the German Länder? (name them)

Schleswig-Holstein
Hamburg (city state)
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
Bremen (city state)
Niedersachsen
Sachsen-Anhalt
Brandenburg
Berlin (city state)
Nordrhein-Westfalen
Hessen
Thüringen
Sachsen
Rheinland-Pfalz
Saarland
Baden-Württemberg
Bayern

2) Name the biggest German state (land area) and the state with the largest population.

Bayern, no idea, 20,000,000?

3) When was the Deutsche Mark introduced in Eastern Germany (GDR aka DDR) as official currency?

uuhm..1991 I think?

4) What started the horrible 30-Years-War and when?

1618, the thingy in Prague

5) Which German emporer imprisoned the English king Richard Lionheart and forced him to swear the fief oath? (Bonus: who actually caught the king and handed him over to the emporer?)

Barbarossa? They both participated in the same crusade... otherwise his succeeder.

6) When did the First "Reich" arise and who was its first emperor? What was his capital?

pff....not sure...Holy Roman Empire, after the death of Charlemagne, so I guess the capital was Aachen.

7) Who was the last emperor of the First Reich and what made him to abandon the imperial crown?

I know that one, somewhere middle 19th century there still was an official emperor, also the guy who ruled Austria. Nicholas...oh, wait, that was the Russian guy.

8) Who proclaimed the Prussian king William I as German Emperor in Versailles? (Hint: it was a German prince)

dunno that, 1871

9) Name the 3 wars that preceded the erection of the Second Reich. When, who against whom and what were the deciding battles of each of the three wars?

Napoleon, Civil War/Revolutions, French-German wars

10) Name all countries where German is official language.

Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Belgium

I know it's kinda hard, but for experts (or people able to use Google ;-) surely not a big problem.

Top Bottom