1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Started

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by Thalassicus, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

@antdog
    I'll see what I can do about emphasizing defensive structures, thank you for the suggestion.

Angkor Wat actually can't be combined with the Tradition policy very effectively anyway... it's already -75% and the game caps out the modifier at 85%.

@Arksa
    Where are you trying to download form?

2. Sneaks

Sneaks Brooklyn Bum

To answer some of these:

Thal has stated that unless the AI has a bug (Alex killing the CSes he has a bonus to be friends with), he will not directly address AI logic in these mods.

That change to Himeji would be a serious nerf to a good wonder. Also, I doubt any world wonder should ever have slots, as they instead offer points.

Both of the changes for policies you mentioned seem to be far too powerful when considered in line with other policies. As for free policies, Thal already introduced a similar feature with free policies at the start of new tech eras.

Angkor Wat could probably use a drop to maybe 50%, but I wouldn't worry about stacking with the policy. The maximum culture tile cost reduction is 85%.

3. Thalassicus

It depends on what part of the AI it's dealing with. I've been adjusting their balance of army composition in the modern era, for example, their city spacing, and I'm interested in giving them more distinct personalities.

I'm just not messing with any diplomacy-related stuff, which is your area of expertise. :)

4. Sneaks

Sneaks Brooklyn Bum

Speaking of which, I should probably pump out that DoF cancelling mod real quick.

5. doktorstick

doktorstick Warlord

@Thal - I'm really liking your redesign of the unit promotions above the shields.

Can you tweak the text in the notification window to distinguish Gold-the-resource and Gold-the-currency when it ends? This game I have had excess Silver and have been trading it for gpt. Whenever it ends, I get two notifications--that I have stopped supplying Silver to X, and X has stopped supplying me Gold [the currency].

6. Txurce

Txurce Deity

This doesn't always happen, but regardless I think it's also there in vanilla. I don't remember ever not seeing it.

7. Arksa

Arksa Warlord

that big blue download button. Links to civfanatics database and when I press download file I get that message and can't download.

8. Thalassicus

@doktorstick
    Sure, I can do that... seems a good solution is adding the :c5gold: icon before the word.

Erendir did most of the work on the flag promotions, my contribution to the code was only a fraction of the whole. Most of what I did was designing the 16px size icons.

@Arksa
    I found the problem, thank you for mentioning it. When I was getting v2 from the download (likely due to a browser cache issue as someone mentioned) I experimented with different things to try and get it working, and linked to an attachment I later removed. :crazyeye:

I uploaded a file directly, please try again.

9. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Thal, I have lots of crashes playing with v4

Some of them are "runtime errors", some are others...
    they come pretty soon, in Renaissance/Medieval

Also I see a big pink square when I open Civpedia (upper left part in the description window)

10. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hi

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I downloaded balance combined v 1.08 from this thread a while ago. Today I went to check for updates and apparently a new one was there - Thals Balance Mods - Combined (v 4).

The thing is that a lot of the mods included seem to be at an earlier stage than what I got from v1.08, e.g. 1.08 had city development v 13 while v4 has city development v 10.

Am I missing something here?

\Skodkim

11. Arksa

Arksa Warlord

Had a pretty nasty bug:

Playing as Germany, I captured Stockholm and annexed it. Next thing I know, My 2 population capital jumped to 7 population...Happens when I do it again.

I'm using your Combined mods, WWGD and the CivWillard (the mods you recommended). Thing is, I don't know which one is causing this. Just wondering if this happens everytime you annex a city, that your capital grows for no reason.

12. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Thal may give you a more comprehensive answer later, but the short answer is don't worry about it. None of the mods in the new pack are at an earlier stage.

13. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

The Combined mod gives various bonuses when you conquer city states.
    Maritime city states give you population.

14. Txurce

Txurce Deity

That is exactly what is supposed to happen. In fact, there may even be a graphic of Stockholm doing just that earlier in one of these threads.

15. Arksa

Arksa Warlord

Is that a way to make annexing more appealing or what is the points of this?

16. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

The design goal was to make attacking city states more valuable (relative to allying with them).
    I tend to disagree that this was necessary/appropriate, but that was the intent.

17. Arksa

Arksa Warlord

Saw the change, it said it would add +2 citizens...then why did it add 5 for me?

Getting from 2 pop capital to 7 just becaused I captured a city seems broken to me...

18. SSgtDuke

SSgtDuke Chieftain

If possible, I would prefer to get +1 pop in my five largest cities. I've had the +5 pop sent to an already maxed out capital which threw it into severe starvation.

19. doktorstick

doktorstick Warlord

And with the Emigration mod, they would take off to other civs. :)

20. Txurce

Txurce Deity

That's hilarious.

I think it's not feasible to give it to the five largest cities, since not everyone has five cities. Being aware that you're about to grow, as opposed to being surprised by it, at least gives you the chance to work on happiness.