Glowing Magenta eyes

drjest2000

Prince

Civciv5's Nur Jahan LH (LINK) has magenta eyes in my game. I looked through the NIF for some visual setting that might be causing the effect, but I found nothing out of sorts. So, I am assuming that there is something I'm overlooking in the lighting of the file.

If you are not familiar with the LH, it is based on the Catherine the Great LH, which does not demonstrate any weird magenta in the eyes. I've done what I could to restore the settings to the settings in the original Catherine NIF, but Civciv5 has added bits and pieces from several other LHs so it is hard to figure out which setting is resulting in the magenta eyes.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? And if you have, how did you resolve it?

Attachments

• NurJahan0001.png
    NurJahan0001.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 243
The magenta usually means that a file is pointed too but it can't be found or used or something is amiss with teamcolor. I'd rule out team color sense it's not a unit. Did you check the thread in which the LH was posted as sometimes other people have the same issue and they post solutions.

Sadly the thread for the leaderhead is ... well, more of a soap opera than a discussion thread. I did locate two missing files, but those did not correct the issue. The way the package is cobbled together, I'm not sure it's a good use of time to continue debugging it. In all candor, I'm learning more about how not to make a good leaderhead than how to make a good leaderhead doing it. >_<

I finally corrected the issue by copying everything from the Catherine LH into the folder, cancelling out the over-write on things already in place. I'm not sure which of the 10-12 files that did copy into the folder corrected the issue, maybe it was more than one.

There ended up being 73 objects in the Nur Jahan LH folder. I am sure most of them are unused. I am not sure I'm willing to play a game of trial-and-error to cull out the duds, but it seems kind of ridiculous to have all those unnecessary files in the folder. It makes me wonder how many of the custom leaderheads I've installed are full of dead files.

If you want to check which files are used by a leaderhead, you will most probably need to use NifSkope. Takes a bit of time to get used to, but then it is a very helpful tool.

If you want to do just trial and error, check mainly the _Diff dds files. If the _Diff file is important, the similar named _Norm, _Spec and _ENV_MASK files are normally important too. If the _Diff file is not used, the other 3 won't be used as well.

Top Bottom