Gods and Kings Giant Death Robots

Callonia

Deity
They're alot more powerful than they was in vanilla O.o

For starters.

Your modern armors now can upgrade to giant death robots, and if you have proper wonders, be lvl 4 out the gate and upgrade for free from MA to GDRs.

Russia is getting torn apart in a heartbeat with giant death robots wandering in her countryside. Sure, me and Persia is attacking russia atm but still..

GDRs can now be upgraded from modern armors to GDRs >_> They really should be scratch built.

I never noticed that... Well, if you can make strategic strikes at their uranium supplies that should slow them down quite a bit. There usually isn't enough uranium to spam GDRs or nukes.

I never noticed that... Well, if you can make strategic strikes at their uranium supplies that should slow them down quite a bit. There usually isn't enough uranium to spam GDRs or nukes.

Well if you play on huge maps like me, you'll definitely have enough uranium for giant death robot vs giant death robot slugfests. two of mine survived the slugfest with like 1 hp left xD It was pretty interesting to see GDRs marching to each other and duke it out err well, mine had air support :p

I think they're also faster than in vanilla.

But, relative to other units, they're actually weaker since many combat strengths have been rebalanced and increased, while GDR's remained the same. Example: Vanilla Modern Armor had a combat strength of 80; in GAK, they have a combat strength of 100.

Also, cities are much more formidable now.

They're alot more powerful than they was in vanilla O.o

For starters.

Your modern armors now can upgrade to giant death robots, and if you have proper wonders, be lvl 4 out the gate and upgrade for free from MA to GDRs.

Russia is getting torn apart in a heartbeat with giant death robots wandering in her countryside. Sure, me and Persia is attacking russia atm but still..

GDRs can now be upgraded from modern armors to GDRs >_> They really should be scratch built.

I think there should be an achievement: "Robots in Disguise: Upgrade a unit to a Giant Death Robot".

The future is Gundam

I love that anime and I wish that each nation could have unique GDR's much like G-Gundam. France had the Rose Gundam,China had the Dragon gundam and Russia had Bolt Gundam.

Or if that is too much then the West should have Federation style GDR's and the Eastern nations should have Zeon GDR's...Germany must be Zeon...lol:eek::crazyeye:

GDR looks a lot similar to PAC Battle Walker from BF2142.

Similar weapon systems too.

I love that anime and I wish that each nation could have unique GDR's much like G-Gundam. France had the Rose Gundam,China had the Dragon gundam and Russia had Bolt Gundam.

Or if that is too much then the West should have Federation style GDR's and the Eastern nations should have Zeon GDR's...Germany must be Zeon...lol:eek::crazyeye:

Don't forget that klunky windmill Gundam for the Dutch which is indistinguishable from a real windmill so it could have some special ambush promotion or something:crazyeye:.

And yeah Sieg Zeon!

I play without GDR... I like the feeling of modern war, without robots. So I changed the XML file (Units)... Now GDR requires 100 Uranium in my games, to be built... :p ... just saying :)

I had one game where I was Russia (double uranium) and then got Fascism tree (double strategic resources) which basically gave me 4x the normal uranium amount. I had enough to build nuclear reactors in all of my cities (I had like 15 cities) as well as 10 nuclear missiles and some Giant Death Robots to spare. They are quite nice with Blitz.

Ugh - Giant Death Robots.

The impracticality of mechs is astonishing. Why they exist in the game is beyond me. A variety of other future era units could have been used: Hover Tanks, laser weapons, etc. Why walkers?

I understand it's a game - but if you're going to put it in the future era, that's fine. It's when you put it into the Information Era (alongside Stealth Bombers) is when it really grinds my gears, as if they didn't care about realism.

Ugh - Giant Death Robots.

The impracticality of mechs is astonishing. Why they exist in the game is beyond me. A variety of other future era units could have been used: Hover Tanks, laser weapons, etc. Why walkers?

I understand it's a game - but if you're going to put it in the future era, that's fine. It's when you put it into the Information Era (alongside Stealth Bombers) is when it really grinds my gears, as if they didn't care about realism.

Why are you not fun?:(

The problem I have with GDR is that the game is always over before I get to that tech. The tech isn't needed for a science victory, so I never research it. For domination, cultural or diplomatic victories I never get to that tech before the game is over. Particularly for domination since all you need now are artillery/infantry or battleships/ironclads depending on if it's a land or water map. Heck, I don't even build planes anymore (stealth bomber strategy is completely gone now).

I think I built GDR once in vanilla just to see what they look like.

Top Bottom