1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gods Effects on Mana

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by jimi12, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

So it does or doesn't matter who wielded it?
    Now I'm confused...
    And during the Age of Dragons; maybe Bhall was less concerned over who fire could harm because of preocupation with smiting Mulcarn and his followers?

2. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

To look at it another way, good people in the Age of Rebirth can still be crush by landslides or blown off cliffs by hurricanes, despite Kilmorph and Tali still being unfallen, so the same was presumably true of Bhall.

3. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

So only magical fire wouldn't burn innocents, whether divine or arcane?

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I don't quite remember what reference I was using, but I think it may have been the Elohim entry.

I suppose that technically those caught in the middle may not have been truly righteous and thus safe from fire, but it sounds like the powers of the good gods were causing harm to the innocents.

Note that even Sirona's army caused great harm to innocent bystanders, and she was surely as good as Bhall ever was.

5. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

In the Age of Dragons, the gods probably were more like Basium than anything else. Basium cared only about destroying his counterpart, Hyborem, and his servants than saving people. In spite of this Basium is 'good'.Maybe once the gods pulled back using the Compact, they realized the danger they posed to creation and started helping their followers grow instead of destroying their enemy's followers. They took a more tight grip on their sphere and started controling what happened with it. Bhall would have made sure that only people she didn't like (i.e. the 'wicked') were killed by magic fire. Then when she fell she loosened her grip on fire again.
    Did that make any sense or is this just insane rambling?
    (I knew reading the Necronimicon was a bad idea)

6. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

It made sense; these gods aren't omnipotent nor are they always all that wise or thoughtful, necessarily. While they didn't always cooperate, the begining of open conflict was probably new and strange enough that they didn't act with much forethought; but they can and many probably did grow wiser as time passed as you say.

7. abculatter2

abculatter2 Chieftain

Then shouldn't Auric ascended be able to make/provide ice mana?

8. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

And why is he affected by Godslayer if he never signed it? Somewhere (I forgot where, probably in Age of Despair) MC said that the Godslayer only killed those that agreed to abide by it. Is it because it is still an ubersword that pwns all, or is it because it is backed by the gods?

9. Giga-Gigan

Giga-Gigan Chieftain

I believe when he said that he was under the assumption that Auric was the reincarnation of Mulcarn, rather than just some guy whom was there to receive his power when Mulcarn died.

10. abculatter2

abculatter2 Chieftain

Is he not Mulcarn's reincarnation? Does it not say many times that he is Mulcarn's reincarnation?

11. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Yes, Auric is Mulcarn's reincarnation, but that does not mean he truly is Mulcarn. He says he is, for propaganda reasons, but Auric is an entirely different individual whose divine spark happens to be the same one that Mulcarn had, and it ergo makes him a potential god and gives him power over the domain of Ice.

12. abculatter2

abculatter2 Chieftain

So he CAN provide/produce ice mana?

13. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Actually, Kael has recently made it clear that Auric is not the literal reincarnation of Mulcarn, he is only the god of ice's reincarnation in the sense that he may well become the next god of ice. Mulcarn's divine spak does not reside in Auric. Auric was a simple farmer's son and a natural magical savant with a special gift for ice magic, which made the precept of ice itself reach out to him to be its new master, and made it give him some of the memories of the dead god.

14. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Chieftain

As Kael says the gods and their precept are pretty much indistinguishable as such the compact was sign by the precept of ice as much as Mulcarn himself. As Auric accepted the precept of ice he also had to accept its burdens, so the godslayer was useful against him.

15. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Chieftain

I would say this is partially represented by the palace ice mana resource.

16. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

So it isn't about whether agod has agreed to it personally, it's about whether the precept has signed it through a god?
    If/when Laroth usurps Arwan, will he be vulnerable to Godslayer?
    And does the Godslayer have any special power over mortals besides being ubersword? Can it hurt angels/demons more than normal sword?

17. Guale

Guale Chieftain

Would Nemed be immune to the godslaying effects of the Godslayer since he no longer has his precept?

18. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

So mainly; Is it the God/goddess of the precept or the precept itself that is vulnerable?
    With the fall of Mulcarn it seems like the precept of ice is virtually dead, so the Ubersword seems to have killed not only the main representative of ice (Mulcarn) but ice itself.

19. Giga-Gigan

Giga-Gigan Chieftain

I wouldn't go that far, Ice itself is still around... I imagine that Ice mana and its role in creation is still in effect; I'd even imagine that the elemental plane/planes of Ice are still there, but I believe that its near impossible to utilize. I like to think of it like the Godslayer destroying the remote control (Mulcarn) and only a few such as Auric are skilled enough to operate the overly complicated television that is the Sphere of Ice.

Also it would prudent to keep in mind that all modern magic is in fact forms of manipulation rather than bonafide creation, and the Gods can only manipulate what they already have. When Mulcarn died his machinations went with him, so it would appear that there is no Ice Magic any more. However the Precept of Stasis still plays its role in creation, its just on auto pilot.
    You could say that the magic never left, as its all around you. (Well all around those in Erebus and other Planes that got a shot of The Stasis...)

Edit: Also does anybody remember who Kylorin's Ice Disciple was?
    Also why do you guys think none of the other gods seemed interested in grabbing control of Ice themselves?

20. evanb

evanb Chieftain

The Ice disciple's name was Badb (from the 'pedia).