Going Viking 2

This expanded version will come with the bigger map featuring Vinland, Sweden, Finland etc as well as a biq for random maps and also a UK based scenario with a different makeup of civs.

Attachments

• greatwonders.PNG
    greatwonders.PNG
    76.9 KB · Views: 112
  • lux.PNG
    lux.PNG
    29 KB · Views: 124
  • strat.PNG
    strat.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Improvements1.PNG
    Improvements1.PNG
    55.6 KB · Views: 120
  • improvements2.PNG
    improvements2.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 147
Here's the UK map and civ line-up. This one will be a bloodbath.

Ireland
Connacht
Leinster
Munster
Ulster
Dublin (Vikings)

Scotland
Picts
Scots
Strathclyde
Orkney (Vikings)

England
Bernicia
Cornwall
Essex
Mercia
Wessex
East Anglia (Vikings)
Five Boroughs (Vikings)
Jorvik (Vikings)

Wales
Dyfed
Gwynedd
Powys

Normandy (Vikings)

Attachments

• UK map.PNG
    UK map.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 150
Some of the units that feature in the expanded map version (UK map version differs)

Attachments

• units.PNG
    units.PNG
    262.9 KB · Views: 202
Magyars! Yayy!

Looks like a lot of fun...

Afraid the Magyars are non playable. They should only be an early game nuisance to their neighbours - mainly they're there to keep the Franks from getting too powerful too quickly.

I've reworked this scenario a lot. It now has more techs, improvements, resources and wonders.

I've tightened up the game goals too so you can only win by VPs or Conquest. The best way of generating the VPs is by returning treasure to your capital. Treasure is now only generated by wonders (Dyflinn Slave Market, Danegeld and Normandy) which are preplaced in city locations from the start (Dubh Linn, Eoforwic and Rouen). Thought about another too that could be placed in Vinland even though it would be historically inaccurate, it might make for nice gameplay.

This is good news!
I cannot wait to try another version.
Looks good so far.

What kind of units would one make for Skraeling?

:goodjob:

I am using the Iroquois archer unit and some others. It would be nice to have something with more clothes though.

An inuit looking type would be good too then I'd be able to put more northern city spots in too and perhaps some natives in Greenland.

Top Bottom