Going Viking (Conquests)

JuuL said:
Sounds great to me. Two Danish factions are also more historically corect than three. The capitals should of course be Jelling (Jylland) and Tissø (Sjælland). But how many cities should they start with? Maybe I could help with names and placement again.
Each has 4 starting cities. I added a couple of tiles to the right of the map so I was able to make room for Roskilde. Tisso is still the capital tho'. I'll post the map so you can look it over.

I think Sjaelland are going to be at a bit of disadvantage if played by the AI since they are almost hemmed in by Jylland and have 2 of their cities on separate islands. I thought of adding a few more tiles to the east to give them some room for expansion in that direction but it will add a lot of tiles to main part of Europe on the map which I will have to cover in forest to prevent settling.

I just recently discovered this scn and thinks it's great.
Random choice gave me the Boneless. I got kicked
around for the most part but just when things started
to get interesting, got the techs where we could build
no more good units. I have to play this again and go
more slowly and play more carefully.

Which is the easiest Viking civ to play for a not so great player
to learn the scn?

Anyway, thanks for this scenario, love it.. :goodjob:

Sorry for :bump:

I got an error saying "Missing entry in "Scenarios\Going Viking\text\Pediaicons.txt": ANIMNAME_PRTO_Ally"

Is there a patch for this?

Hi Arexander, sorry to hear you have probs with this scenario. I don't even have this on my hard drive anymore so I'll need to download it and take a look. I actually have another version you might want to take a look at (link in my sig).

Yes, I've downloaded them both. I have started the second as Norse and I've just made my first raid on English coast. But I wish to play the first soon. :)

Arexander, I had a look at your error but couldn't find a cause. The pediaicons is set up correctly for the Ally unit:
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Ally
European Spearman

Can you check that your pediaicons text file is at this location: 'Scenarios\Going Viking\Text\PediaIcons.txt' and it has the above entry in it. Could be if you have both versions that one file is being overwritten by the other - can't remember if both versions install to the same folder: 'Going Viking' in the scenarios directory.

Well I got a new computer so I need to redownload the scenario anyway. I will inform you if I still get the same error.

Hello
I'm having great fun with this scenario (many thanks to Arexander for bumping it, or I wouldn't see it!). Being a viking is fun!

Just a small, tiny complaint: we can make railroads! All we need is iron. :)

Top Bottom