Goldfool's Graphics

I would love to use some of your models, in particular the terrain buildings and modern ruins. But I am a little confused by your download files. The "download file" button in the downloads database points to this thread. This thread only seems to contain links to pcx files. Unless I have missed something, your pcx files are screenshots. So, where are the files like nif, dds?

How embarrassing, I failed to notice that all of these cool things are Civ III only. I assume there is no way for Civ IV players to use them?

None that I know of - Civ4 uses 3d models, whereas Civ3 uses 2d sprites, and getting something to turn from 2d to 3d is almost impossible (from what I understand).

Well after a hundred views, I got no response on the preview thread for my latest changes, so I figure there is nothing wrong with them or there is no interest.

Terrain Buildings (Larger Ancient and Medieval)

Here is my version of some Terrain Buildings. Download on post #13

Here is another shot showing how visable they are in the jungle.

Hey, I'm still a fan. I was thinking (since you asked), I would like to see you rebuild the green bunker with your sandbags. I've never liked the look of the thing in-game.

Thanks for the interest.:)

You are talking about the modern fortress/barricade.

What did you have in mind. Do you want the bunker to be replaced with sandbags.

What did you have in mind. Do you want the bunker to be replaced with sandbags.

I was thinking, I'd like to see the bunker rebuilt with your sandbags. My father, who built a few of these in Vietnam, says you basically start with a simple table-like structure. and put sandbags around and on top of it. The "floor" of it would be 3-4 feet below ground level, so that you have to step down into it.

I was thinking, I'd like to see the bunker rebuilt with your sandbags. My father, who built a few of these in Vietnam, says you basically start with a simple table-like structure. and put sandbags around and on top of it. The "floor" of it would be 3-4 feet below ground level, so that you have to step down into it.

Just threw this together, let me no if I'm catching your drift.

Here are two versions, second has multiple openings, seems more likely.

Or were you looking for just a standalone sandbag bunker without the trenches and other sandbag walls.

Attachments

• sandbagreqtb.png
    sandbagreqtb.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 920
  • sandbagreqtb2.png
    sandbagreqtb2.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 888
Yep, that's it! The second one, once it's been shaded, will be what I was thinking. It could use a little more "squareness", maybe, like you did on the SW facing walls on the left. That was fast work, Goldfool.

Maybe more like this.

Edit: I have added a second one with some shadows.
Edit: one more with a tweak to the roof of the bunker.
Edit: here is one more as a barricade.

Attachments

• sandbagreqtb3.png
    sandbagreqtb3.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 873
  • sandbagreqtb4.png
    sandbagreqtb4.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 930
  • sandbagreqtb5.png
    sandbagreqtb5.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,400
  • sandbagreqtb6.png
    sandbagreqtb6.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,450
Some help please. Have downloaded your very nice fortification files,
in order to make a TerrainBuildings file that only covers the Middle Ages.
Used INFRANVIEW to cut and paste your 3 different Medieval forts to cover the 4 eras ,replacing the modern "pillboxes"
I know I am a beginner and stupid ..Doahh , but the graphics have the magenta background when I load the new terrain File I have cut and pasted .
Please can you tell me what I have done wrong and how to fix the problem

Top Bottom