Gorgo is S Tier Now

Acropolises are like, one tech after Political Philosophy. If you've already "won the game" at that point, then why bother playing Civ VI at all?

My point is not that the Hoplite stinks but their window of opportunity is very limited. And after that you're stuck with a lackluster upgrade line. I rather build stuff that stays useful.
Not a real good criticism at all on standard or slower speed. Early rushes to hyperexpand will speed literally any VC. Use them to knock out an opponent or two then garrison or delete them later, it doesn't matter if they're useful down the road. It's why so many early warmonger civs are so highly rated in the first place.

Quicker speeds and I think you'd have a point but that can be said about nearly any UU.

No. It's great with Hoplite pushes and playing catch up while fighting off early AI DOWs.

Early game (first 50 turns) is when you need bonuses the most. When your culture generation at turn 25 is 2/turn, getting 10 culture killing an AI or barb warrior is a big deal. Generally, you won't get Acropolises until you've pretty much already won the game.
????
I usually get theatre square within ancient era. Which isn't THAT far into the game. You act like acropolis is in modern era or something.

You can normally tell by the end of the ancient era whether you've won the game or not. You've all experienced this too. That's why I consider Pericles bonus to be worthless (as it doesn't kick in until at least classical).

And no, as a general rule you won't get Drama and Poetry in the ancient era... unless you're Gorgo.

So you can laugh at the pathetic AI as you crush them. Why else?
You might as well as play as Romans and ban all victory conditions except score victory and set the turn limit to 1. Boom! Instant victory! Thus Rome is strongest! Rone is S level way beyond gorgo!

Actually, Rome is S. Well, at least before GS.

Since GS Rome's been replaced with Gorgo.
You didn't get what I meant did you? You might as well as play as rome and get insta victory if winning quickly is all you care. It is better than gorgo in that regard.

Top Bottom