1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GOTM 176 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by CharlieChuck, Apr 1, 2016.

1. grigor

grigor Chieftain

Demo before Magnetism needs a high Lux rate and usually lots of Elvises. I usually don't do Bach because Theology is off path. Science gets really slow and clever Trade deliveries are a must. But it's always faster than the same turns in Republic.

2. Jokemaster

Jokemaster Insert something here

I might start rushing Demo and hiking the %LUX rate to compensate then. Still highly rate Bach's to keep the peace tho, sometimes in sprawling empires Mikes alone won't cut it. (The Theology tech also increases effectiveness of Cathedrals by one, for whatever that's worth.)

3. Inkerman

Inkerman Engineer Civ2 GOTM Staff

Thanks for the log.

In passing, I note it will be some time (six weeks or so) before the School Year ends in the UK: the one week holiday of half-term during the summer term was last week. It's exams galore now.

4. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

Glad you could join the competition grigor. Looks like you will be getting the green star as usual. Unbelievable expansion between -2000 (10 cities) and -1000 (33 cities). Great job as usual.

5. grigor

grigor Chieftain

Yes, I was very pleased with how well my elephants performed at king level. Researching Polytheism as the extra tech towards Monarchy in 2800 made it all happen. Also, once I realized that the AI was unlikely to attack out of it's cities, I could be super aggressive - I took many cities out with only one unsupported elephant.