[PTW] GOTM 193 China Regent

LaSalle

Chieftain
Gotm 193 Image.jpg

GOTM 193 China Regent

In this game you will rule as Emperor Taizu of Ming, leader of the Han people of China. The Chinese are militaristic and industrious. They have already learned knowledge of masonry and warrior code. They are able to produce the rider, a knight with faster movement that requires horses and iron to build. The Chinese also begin with a starting bonus of two extra warriors. This is a regent level game.

This game was created by LaSalle.

The emperor met with his high council of elders. The first elder asked, “How shall we expand and defend our empire?” The wise emperor spoke, “We live in a land rich with people. We will encourage our population to grow and flourish allowing us to expand across the entire region. We shall open trade routes with the rest of the world. We will build an army of a million men to defend ourselves”. The second elder spoke, “That is all fine, but we have no mineral resources to make good weapons for our army”. Taizu thought carefully in silence. Finally he replied, “The mountains to the north have what we need but they are controlled by our enemies. We must instead build ships and locate resources off our coast”. The third elder said, “We have fortifications along our border currently manned by a small force of brave warriors. Should we build more fortifications and train more troops?” This excited the emperor and he replied, “Yes, yes by all means. In fact, join all the fortresses together to form a giant wall to protect us from foreign invaders”.

Scope of the game:
  • Normal size world
  • 9 opponents, pre-selected
  • Pangaea with islands
  • Terrain and climate unknown
  • Restless barbarians
  • Normal rule changes for PTW GOTM will apply
  • Starting bonus of 2 extra warriors
Time Plan:
The game is released on January 1, 2024
Submissions are due by March31, 2024

Game Release Page: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/index.php?month=193

Starting location:
gotm 193 China start.jpg

I'm thinking with two Warrior Scouts, Regent and Pangaea, 20k could be attractive directly on this spot. The Pyramids could be a pre-build for a Temple or even The Colossus. Research Alphabet or The Wheel and trade for the cheap Techs? Thoughts on that?

I think the game could work well for any victory condition. However, I designed the map to play out harder than regent would suggest. Happy New Year!

Last edited:
I achieved a Space Ship victory in the late 1700s. My greatest difficulty was that the best source of iron was in Persia. I staged a desperate raid on Persepolis with archers and horsemen that barely succeeded. I was then able to upgrade my horsemen to riders, secured my gains, triggered a Golden Age, and I was then off to the races. I was surprised that India and Babylon eventually caught close in science so I was doing something wrong, but it all turned out ok in the end and I was the first off our planet by a safe margin.

Thanks for making the world LaSalle. I enjoyed it until my Empire started bogging me down with administrative duties.

Also, I couldn't submit my result. Everytime I try to launch my rocket the game crashes. Oh well.

I achieved a Space Ship victory in the late 1700s. My greatest difficulty was that the best source of iron was in Persia. I staged a desperate raid on Persepolis with archers and horsemen that barely succeeded. I was then able to upgrade my horsemen to riders, secured my gains, triggered a Golden Age, and I was then off to the races. I was surprised that India and Babylon eventually caught close in science so I was doing something wrong, but it all turned out ok in the end and I was the first off our planet by a safe margin.

Thanks for making the world LaSalle. I enjoyed it until my Empire started bogging me down with administrative duties.

Also, I couldn't submit my result. Everytime I try to launch my rocket the game crashes. Oh well.
There's a way to stop the game from crashing on space ship victory, but it's been a while and I can't remember. It has something to do with removing/adding a file. Also, I'm pretty sure that you can submit and just select "the turn before my victory/defeat" when uploading it.

Culture 20k victory in 1545 AD. Actually, I had the possibility to choose either Diplomatic, Domination, Conquest or Space Race as well. I rushed Aqueducts, Hospitals and Mass Transportation Systems for points at the end rather than cultural improvements, but I suppose cultural 100k would also have been possible.

Persepolis was a monster city, I had a Forbidden Palace and Iron Works there. I wasted almost all its production capacity, since I built the Wonders in Peking. Last man standing was Greece on a two-tile island. I conquered the Continent first and the two largish islands afterwards. I kept almost the whole Continent and a few Indian islands, but razed all on all other islands. No problem getting all resources and all luxuries. Fun game, but as always a slog at the end.

I noticed three submissions so far for this game and four for the conquests game. Is interest that low?

There's a way to stop the game from crashing on space ship victory, but it's been a while and I can't remember. It has something to do with removing/adding a file. Also, I'm pretty sure that you can submit and just select "the turn before my victory/defeat" when uploading it.
Hopefully…I have the same problem but can‘t find the .ini file
No Option for „the turn before my victory“

EDIT: So, the renamed intro.bik to "Race.bik" in the ART/Movies Folder solved the problem. :) But I'm still searching for the .ini file - I know, it's a special filename which isn't shown automatically...but I don't remember where to change it

Last edited:

Late to the party, but the space victory would crash for me unless I let the animation run until the end, Then the two options were to "click" or push the space bar to continue. One would crash but the other would always work. Sorry but I forget which one worked. I would save before ending the turn, to reload it I got it wrong the first time.
Garvarg

Top Bottom