GOTM 28 Spoiler 1 - End Of Ancient Age, Full View of Starting Continent

JustusII: great game so far! In my game, GLight was built by one of the other nearby civs; they were the only ones to visit my continent in the BC's, around 270 BC; by that time I'd pretty mich built up everything in the north. Your much earlier build of the GLight gained you contact with everyone else at least 400 years earlier than this other civ contacted me. Still, it's interesting that there's a completely safe way to navigate to an adjacent continent, but only the civ with the GLight took advantage of that for the longest time.

Also, the behavior of Iron is odd, once again. Most of the posts mention a Persian town built ON the Iron source, and in my game Arbela was built on that hill, but Iron had already been depleted for the Persians. In your game, Antioch is built adjacent to the Iron, allowing it to be pillaged.

I think it is interesting given the same terrain and the same civ how the games are different. In my game Arbela was founded next to the iron, in others on top of the iron. In one game the iron wasn't hooked up. It must be due to some programmed decision making in the AI.

Iron in my game was under Arbela for the entire game. No other source of Iron ever appeared on our continent.

Carthage got the Great Lighthouse but never used it to visit our continent, even though they could have visited it without the GL!!

@SirPleb-thanks, the biggest irony is that although I usually do the mass warrior-sword upgrade, this game I wanted to try something different, and was going to try and focus on building masses of horsemen for the upgrade to Elephants :cry: That's why I nearly bankrupted myself buying the Wheel instead of Writing...

@Civ_Steve, Zagnut-careful about giving too much spoiler info, i.e. who can get to our continent and how. I still haven't played beyond 330BC yet, but I do have a good map of the world, with multiple galleys exploring. Looking back, I guess I was lucky to have been beaten to Colossus, as I wouldn't have started a prebuild that soon if I was intentionally going for the Lighthouse.

@SirBugsy- I thought that was strange also, although it's obvious the AI prioritizes settling near resources (even invisible ones :rolleyes: ) they sure seem haphazard about connecting them. Antioch has the iron hooked up, but wasn't connected to the rest of the road net. (And won't be, as long as I have anything to say about it!) Worse, the one town that could build immortals, didn't have a barracks!

Top Bottom