GOTM 37: Pre-Game Discussion

Can anyone tell me what tile will be worked automatically when growing from size 2 to 3 (assuming you don't start by chopping the game-forest) ? Does that depend on using the governor to emphasis growth or production, or not using the governor ?

Don't have the game handy right now, and I'm trying to do some simulations.
Thanks !

With the governor left on the defaults (whatever they happen to be; I almost never check), I *think* tile-picking goes as follows:

making 3 fpt or less: pick highest-food tile (shields secondary)
making 4 fpt or more: pick highest-shields tile (food secondary)

So if you're working an irrigated cow and the game forest at that time (4fpt), the game should pick a forest on growth, or a mined bonus grass if that's available. If you're working an irrigated cow and a bonus grass (3fpt), it should pick the game forest.

Renata

Renata

Renata said:
...the game should pick a forest...
O deer - would you believe I misinterpreted this the first time I read it ? :lol:
Thanks for the answer - it's not easy playing the game (I mean Civ) with Excel as GUI, though. :crazyeye:

True, isn't the deer always in the forest? Until you chop it down, anyway.

Re: Excel -- :lol: Tell me about it. I'm getting way too obsessed here with my silly spreadsheets. It'll probably take five days from download before I do anything but move my scout.

Renata

Renata said:
Tell me about it. I'm getting way too obsessed here with my silly spreadsheets. It'll probably take five days from download before I do anything but move my scout.
Snap ........

Just a note of thanks to all who replied to my questions. All made sense and all helped me understand that some of my thoughts weren't so silly.

Thanks to Sirpleb for your very easy to read explainations and for making me feel better about being confused :) .

Good luck to all.

Sandman2003 said:
Snap ........

Long since, I'm afraid. And now I will stop spamming up this thread. Good luck, everybody!

Renata

Arrrr, finally another Deity game. I skipped Cotm6 althogether to make sure I had time to play this one. Gotm36 took me way too long, and after a year off the net, I guess I didn't know what to expect out of viruses and spyware. My computer is totally 'jacked- it's like being darned to heck, could be worse, but very annoying.

I wanted to share a technique that I've only ever had to break out for Deity games, before RCP was a twinkle in anyone's eye... the Worm. Its a stack of defensive units covering fast units moving through enemy territory pillaging everything in sight. It works best with infantry and cavalry, or an army and cavalry, but isn't limited to that. The AI can build units way too fast, but if their cities become isolated, trades cut off, resources gone, basically a swath of destruction 3-4 tiles wide headed straight for their capitol and then burning their core like its Atlanta- well, even if you must declare peace with them, they're Way slowed down. Probably already obvious, but I love it!

Also, Deity games are the only gotms in which I've launched nukes. I recall nuking the crud out of Japan. Sure, I got nuked back, but it was worth it, it totally took the fight out of 'em.

I gotta go predator.

Good luck, have fun everyone.

no fog gazers around ?

even while it looks good already, it is worth checking for improvement. Another food bonus that doesnt require a forest cut would be so nice :D

Top Bottom