Gotm24-Korea Pre-game Discussion

Originally posted by Cheekbones
Call me stupid, but I cannot find the file for this month's game anywhere! Help! I've downloaded all the add-ins, but just have had no luck at all in finding the most important bit.

OK, Stupid :) Well, you suggested it.

Did you read the readme? Try reading right to the end of it. Or in the Installer intro screen?

CB,

At the end of the install are links to the three levels of game available. Try the install again (it doesn't hurt anything) and read the instructions along the way. Near the end of the install will be a window with the links. Good luck and enjoy this most entertaining game.

DenyD

:beer:

Originally posted by Riccett

Been reading these threads for the past month or so and have been looking over lots of timelines, (civ_steve, i find your's the most interesting. lol) ...

Alright! A Fan!! :) Thanks for reading the timelines, and I hope they've benefitted you!

Just finished Medal 5-6, downloaded the Add-On files this morning, and plan to start some time tomorrow. If the plains space to the West is now river-adjacent (wont know for sure until I open the game), I'll be tempted to found there to get the coastal access. An important thing to remember for the Super Factory (and other certain circumstances) is that Shields are collected AFTER the city expands in size. A size 4 city that fills its food box gets shields from a 5th tile, in addition to the City center. So if the Governer is set to prioritize Production, the Forest space should become the 5th tile (assuming 2 Wools, 1 Cattle and a plains space, all irrigated, are being worked), giving you 2 bonus shields with no loss of food as long as you MM the citizen to another tile with 2 Food right away. Same thing on growth to size 6.

I will probably do a lot of research, probably on Pottery initially, since we have an abundance of commerce generating squares. I'm tempted to do a 5CC (since I haven't done this yet); I'll need to start the game to be sure, but that should be enough space to support good research later on, and the low city count will give good trading for the luxuries/resources that I don't initally encompass. We'll see; good luck to all.

Another silly query - when I load the saved game, it crashes the whole program with an invalid page fault. Is there any way to find out what I might have done wrong? As far as I know, I updated all the files correctly and systematically, and the programme works fine on a basic game start.

Cheekbones@ Welcome to the GOTM.

For technical problems, you need to PM cracker so you can resolve your difficulties without broadcasting to the entire forum.

In your PM you will need to give very specific details about what type of computer you are using, which version of the game you are playing (Play the World and Basic Civ3 have completely different problems) and which class you downloaded (Conquest, Open, Predator.)

To PM someone, go to your user panel (User CP button top-right).

To help you I'm posting a link that you can <<Click on to PM cracker>>

Note that these instructions are also in the readme that you gave up reading.;)

Top Bottom