Goz6 - 4 x 4

gggargh!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed a new anti-virus software.
It called home for the letest update.
Our informatics department saw this as a 'dangerous act' and blocked my PC :eek:

finally got net back now. :mad:

25 per, WM and Corporation get us iron from Rome. Sucks, but I want more rails ASAP. We should e.g. econnect west and east with rails as far as possible.
Move defenders into New York - all the maya Inf makes me nervous.
(1) Libs and Unis ordered. Prices for steals will be exorbitant soon, and I really really really want bombers as soon as possible.
(2)
(3) Inca drop a stack of Inf near Chicago. DEAD! But our Cav army loses too many HP to repeat the exercise next turn (down to 10/18) and the ships are already in view. Me no like - the ex-US part of our empire is too low on oomph, especially artillery!
(4) Rome and Maya make peace. There is a monster stack on our shore now: 2 Inf, 3 Rifles, 1 Knight, 2 LBM, 2 med Inf, 2 scouts. Well, we can deal with that, but they WILL be able to pillage
Well no, they won't - with some luck (Cav vs Rifles) and using Rifles as attackers they all die.
(5) :smoke: Birka revolts :mad: and Tikal gets Hoovers.
(6) Romans drop settler plus 3 Cav in our south. Can steal next turn I hope. Who to piss off???? This turn only 1 Pike 1 Crusader in pink.
(7) again 4 PinkInf. all dead. Artillery didn't hit anything but the army cleared things up. We can steal immeadiate from the Inca, but thes have only Fascism and Sci meth. No thanks.Same for the others but maya, and they are too expensive.
(8) I think I shoudl hand it over here - I'd be tempted to steal @ high risk NOW and I do not think that's a good idea :lol:

I build a few galleons along the way, and also a lot of Infantry - I do not want to risk antoehr large alnding without enough inf to keep one city against whatever they can land. it was tight with that stack; if the arm yhad had a bad day we'd possible had Cavalry defending :(

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/goz6-1495AD.SAV

What to do: I see only one way for a successful atakc on the Maya: BOMBERS! With them we can
a) sink all approaching transports (max impact for the buck!)
b) hit cities hard enough that a relatively small attack force can take them
c) cut roads deep in their lands so they can't move forces fast.

This DOES require a town close enough by or an airbase (if the romans are slow expanding the border of the town where our Cav army is caught we might us that tile).

I am very sorry for the long delay - I really ****ed this up by playing at home on my laptop :(

Got it.

Know what you mean about "informatics" weenies. You oughta see what happens when they team up with lawyers :eek:

Step one is end the war with Inca as he is willing to pay us 334g+22gpt for the privilege of not sending his troops to our shores. And the Maya cavalry are blocking our access to his little ville in the corner.

Looking back through the logs and trying to interpret the commentary when I attempt a per turn deal with Maya realize that we must have owed the Aztecs something when they disappeared from the planet.

Use the extra cash to upgrade our rifles.

We need to remove the Romans and Egyptians from our island as they are blocking completion of the TransIsland Railway.

The end of the war with Inca makes our people in Houston unhappy so buy Ivory from Maya for 31gpt.

All is peaceful until 1510 when the Romans come looking to re-up the peace treaty. Take the deal as he is our source of rubber, iron and coal. And the Egyptians land some more trespassers on the island.

We lose the Roman Gems and Birka riots. It gets a full garrison to deal with that.

The SPHQ completes in Washington and income grows 8gpt.

The time has come to deal with the Egyptians....move forces into position and declare war.

Raze the little town S of old Amurrica. Then dispatch the settler team (3 cavs+settler) losing a cav in the process against a crippled cav.

The Egyptian counter attack is into Amurrica and three cavalry are killed, no losses to the Vikings. Reposition the forces to cover the approaches to home and begin the march on Avaris.

The Maya plant a settlement right in the middle of The Gullet. And the Egytians build another town in front of the arillery advancing from the core.

The little ville near Amurrica falls easily; and the new town doesn't last very long, either.

Getting the troops in postition is a lengthy process and Avaris doesn't fall until 1540.

Meanwhile the Inca are busy building towns on the Dry Spit north of Houston and trying to claim their share of The Gullet. Why do I think the world's only supply of oil is there?

The Maya have been drifting their troops out of Amurrica and towards New Chichen in The Gullet. Nice of them to put them all in on place where we can hit them with everything we have when the time comes.

The Mayans clearly don't need oil as they sail the first destroyer, cruiser, transport out of their island.

The Egyptians have more settlers than my landlord's cat has fleas...they found a town (El-Ashmunein)and drop off another team.

And in 1550 Pithon is dust. And so is El-Ashmunein. And the settler team of infantry and cavalry is reduced to slavery.

There are still two isolated Egyptian infantrymen in the west end of The Gullet.

The Mayan troops are slowly making their way to New Chichen Itza. I have not tried to steal anything from them as I wanted to wait for enough money to do it safely and I wanted their troops bottled up in the middle of The Gullet instead of loose in Amurrica.

Egypt won't talk :confused:

And our cavalry army and three cannon are still stuck on a spit of land in Roman terriitory.

There are galleons and frigates on the west coast as that appears to be the shortest route to Maya, when the time comes to invade.

I have it. Mrs. Bugs is having surgery on Tuesday so I'll have it back up by Monday night or Wednesday night.

wow, inca suddenly PAY for peace? They ASKED FOR MONEY when I tried! :D

Sir B: fingers Xed for your wife!

Prayers are with you and Mrs B, Brother B.

Mrs. Bugs is home and doing fine. Thanks for everyone’s thoughts and prayers.

Pre-flight – The only war is between us and Egypt. Cleo won’t talk to us, even though we’ve razed several of her cities. There are a few infantry nearby. We’ll kill them next turn.
We need more income, so I investigate several lux sales. The only civ with any income is the Mayans. First I sell wine, incense and silk for 70gpt. Full price.

I’m feeling the need to steal. Spend 2232G stealing refining from the Mayans. We have one source of ol and there is another on the southern tundra. I try and buy sci meth from Rome, but we have no credit based on our “infamous treatment of the Aztecs.”

Cities are looking good. I don’t change anything.

IBT – We sink an Egyptian frigate. Julie wants to sell us his TM for Refining. :lol: What a jokester! :rotfl:

Our iron deal is up with the Romans. They want over 140gpt for it. Instead I sell buy it for refining and 11gpt.
Trondheim, Oslo: inf=>inf
Washington: St Ex=>Wall Street

1. 1555 AD – Bombard and kill the two Egyptian infantry.

IBT – Rome declares on the Mayans. The Mayan town in the tundra changes hands twice.
NYC: inf=>inf
Stockholm: inf=>bank
Copenhagen: frigate=>frigate
Houston: st ex=>inf
Birka: factory=>bank

2. 1560 AD – Attack a red-lined frigate twice with a healthy frigate and lose both times. :mad:

IBT – Our stranded our gets kicked out of Roman lands, but not home. Egypt joins the Mayan war. Several Egyptian cavs are dropped off.
Trondheim: inf=>frigate
Reykjavik: st ex=>frigate
Bergen: st ex=>inf
Oslo: inf=>inf

3. 1565 AD – Red line the three cavs, attack with a healthy elite cav and lose again. :mad: Lose another healthy frigate to a redliner.

IBT – Build frigates and infantry.

4. 1570 AD – Finally some RNG luck as we bombard and sink a frigate.

IBT – Cleo signs the Incas into an embargo against us. Our army is finally kicked off the Roman mainland. Build more frigates and infantry. Also a bank in Stockholm, and a stock exchange in Chicago.

5. 1575 AD – Nada.

IBT - Wall street completes.

6. 1580 AD – Due to a new Mayan city I have to reroute the Trans-Siberian Railroad.

IBT – This RNG is getting ridiculous. We lose two healthy frigates to two Egyptian frigates and we inflict exactly 1hp loss on the Egyptians.
7. 1585
8. 1590 – More re-routing of the TSRR.
9. 1595 – Cleo will finally speak to us. I empty her purse and get Sci Method for Peace. AT is known by the Mayans and the Incas. With peace I shift a few cities to wealth. Increase our income by about 70 gpt.

IBT – Renew the Incan peace treaty

10. 1600 – Nada

After Action – Now it is all about the economy. I think we have a pretty good chance to get a SS win. If someone wants to block the TSRR, then it will be time for war. Watch the Roman settler group SE of Trondheim, they’re hunting for our oil.

SITREP:

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Goz6,_1600_AD.SAV

wow, good play - especially that RNG would have had me climbing the walls (and thus inable to make sound decisions).

and good to hear about your wife :thumbsup:

Space win would be nice :)

I don't really like cities building wealth, is there anything else we can do about it? If we can get Sanition soon we can at least build hospitals.

Roster:

Bede
Sir Bugsy -> Just played
Kaiser Berger -> UP
grahamiam -> On deck
gozpel
CarlosMM

Not that I have any room to speak with my recent negligent behavior in Goz 7 & 8, but KB have you seen this yet?

:blush: Ummm...I get the feeling that "oops" doesn't quite cut it. So, instead I'll use the excuse that I thought it was 24 days for got it, 48 days to post :rolleyes:

Preturn- Switch a bunch of wealth cities to Police Stations, reduced corruption always helps.

IT- zzz

T1 1605

Make use of our spy network and take Steel from the Mayans. I really love Commy.

IT- zzz

T2 1610

Really quiet.

IT- zzz

T3 1615

I feel lucky, try immediate steal, and I wasn't just feeling lucky, I am. We now have combustion courtesy of the Maya. Maya just went Modern as well.

IT- zzz

T4 1620

Nothing much.

IT- zzz

T5 1625

Just storing up cash.

IT- zzz

T6 1630

I'm not a huge fan of wealth, but it does raise our gpt from around 300 to 529. Since we need all the money we can get, we'll go with it.

IT- zzz

T7 1635

Nothing to do.

IT- zzz

T8 1640

Nothing.

IT-zzzz

T9 1645

Boring.

IT- zzz

T10 1650

We steal again and get Mass Production. We should toss in some commercial docks soon here.

Summary

Being Commy is awesome, steals are very useful. We should be able to catch up to the Mayans within another turnset or two. Though once we do, we'll have to sit back and follow them to techs, as our research potential is very laughable.

Preflight check: Set a few towns to Commercial Docks.

IBT: Sell Combustion to Rome for Iron, PP, WM, 4g

T1: 1655AD Sell Combustion to Mayan for WM and 50gpt

T2: 1660AD

T3: 1665AD Careful steal on Inca succeeds and we take AT.

IBT: Egypt and Rome sign peace

T4: 1670AD Sell AT to Egypt, getting Sanitation and 976g

T5: 1675AD

T6: 1680AD Careful steal on Inca. Sell Egypt Silks and Wines for Furs

Inca and Mayan join up against Rome

T7: 1685AD

IBT: Egypt and Mayan sign MPP

T8: 1690AD

T9: 1695AD

T10: 1700AD nada. We can careful steal from Mayan next turn (must make a small trade to make up the difference. Still need Flight and MT. Not all towns have hospitals. You may want to go thru and evaluate again what town needs them, but I think I got them in all the practical cities.
I was modernizing our Navy, replacing the Frigates with some Battleships. Probably could use some destroyers and transports as well, in case we have to do something violent.

Roster:
Bede -> On deck
Sir Bugsy
Kaiser Berger
grahamiam
gozpel -> skipped
CarlosMM -> UP

Top Bottom