• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

Whats your plans on the buttons? Do you want to have all unique buttons for all the units or are you going to reuse the vanilla buttons?

Plans? I'd like to have all the buttons to represent the actual unit.

Resources? That's tougher. I'd still welcome some help with that.

added 1.71 patch (fixes BtS 3.13 compatibility)
---------------------------------------------------
and added 1.71 FULL download so those without a previous version should not go down the update path

I was uncleared in my previous post:

When I play with japan, arabia , france and many more, the unit's icon don t match at all with the unit : example with japan the axeman 's icon is the swordsman icons ... rifleman icon is the musketman icon....

I dl your mod yersteday for the first time, so I don t know if it s related to the patch 3.13

edit

I found the same issues in the deversica mod.

I DLed the new full version 1.7.

Many of the units shown in the thread's screenshots were not present when I played it (as Egypt, BTW), and when I looked in the folders, there didn't seem to be any Nif files. Do I have to download anything else?

I DLed the new full version 1.7.

Many of the units shown in the thread's screenshots were not present when I played it (as Egypt, BTW), and when I looked in the folders, there didn't seem to be any Nif files. Do I have to download anything else?

I just checked and it's working for me. Did you have a previous version? Did you delete it beforehand? Someone else having the same problem?

Also, you won't find the Nif file as is. They are packaged in FPK files under the Assets folder.

I just checked and it's working for me. Did you have a previous version? Did you delete it beforehand? Someone else having the same problem?

Also, you won't find the Nif file as is. They are packaged in FPK files under the Assets folder.

I spliced in my edited leaderhead infos from the original Ethnic Artstyles mod. That may be what was wrong, but I don't think it is. When you checked yours, were you playing as Egypt? Also, if it helps, the units that wouldn't display are the musketman and rifleman. Probably others, as well, but those two are the ones I remember.

When you checked yours, were you playing as Egypt? Also, if it helps, the units that wouldn't display are the musketman and rifleman. Probably others, as well, but those two are the ones I remember.

Yes, I was. But now I rechecked and the units you mentioned are ok (and others, too). Can you please do a clean install and then recheck if the problem still persists?

recently downloaded v1.71 and the units look great

thanks for all your work.

while playing as india the units showed up fine, but some of the 'buttons' were skewed. noticed the horse archer had the knight button, maceman had the swordman button, and rifleman had the musketman button.

when i looked at the VD_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file it seemed those units button lines were the problem. i found the correct references in the game's CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file and copy and pasted them into the india section of the VD_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file and that straightened out my india buttons :) . it seemed when i was looking at that file (VD_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml) that the 'button' line for those 3 units, horse archer, maceman, and rifleman might be skewed for some of the other civs also.

just thought you'd want to know, thanks again for your time and effort putting this mod together

thanks for all your work.
just thought you'd want to know, thanks again for your time and effort putting this mod together

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, I know about the buttons issue and it needs some work. I'll probably correct it to pre-patch state and then gradually improve.
And... surprise, surprise, I'm still looking for someone helping me with this;)

Yes, I was. But now I rechecked and the units you mentioned are ok (and others, too). Can you please do a clean install and then recheck if the problem still persists?

Okay, did that. I'm assuming that inserting units in worldbuilder is a good way to test, as that's how you made your screenshots. In that case, it didn't work.

Okay, did that. I'm assuming that inserting units in worldbuilder is a good way to test, as that's how you made your screenshots. In that case, it didn't work.

Sorry to hear this:(
And you have BtS patch 3.13 installed, I suppose?
As far is this goes, now I'm clueless, and it seems that it works for others...

First of all, great mod! I haven't started games without it since i found it, looking good :)
Just a small remark because no one has seemed to notice it, the attack submarine's stats got changed to 30 Combat, 7 Moves and 180 Cost in the patch. From what i understand of modding that's a quick change in the XML under that unitclass attack_submarine thingy right?

First of all, great mod! I haven't started games without it since i found it, looking good :)

Thanks!

Just a small remark because no one has seemed to notice it, the attack submarine's stats got changed to 30 Combat, 7 Moves and 180 Cost in the patch. From what i understand of modding that's a quick change in the XML under that unitclass attack_submarine thingy right?

Well, this mod doesn't change anything beyond the looks of units.
If your question is that you want to change the strength of the attack sub, then it should be in the xml where all other units' stats are compiled (sorry, I'm at work and cannot check the exact name). But its pretty easy to change.

I did a part of the work I think. But I am not sure if I fixed everything...

Wow! I'll check it in the evening (GMT+1). Even if you didn't fix everything, this will be a HUGE help! Thank you:goodjob:

Sorry to hear this:(
And you have BtS patch 3.13 installed, I suppose?...

Actually, no, I don't think I do. I haven't downloaded any patch since I installed BTS, so I'll give that a try.

Top Bottom