• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

Out of curiosity, how did they get mixed up, is this somehow related to 3.13 ?

Out of curiosity, how did they get mixed up, is this somehow related to 3.13 ?

Yep. Previously the buttons for non-default units defaulted to the default ones. (wow. I actually wrote down this stupid sentence. :crazyeye: )
Now, under any <UnitArtInfo> the <Button> tag has actually some meaning - you can check those!

Didn't know it had no meaning before. So maybe that is why I noticed the missing buttons for units with <button/> definitions with 31.13 only and not before (so far I thought I had just missed it). I fixed those in the meantime (the rest should have been ok all along).

Didn't know it had no meaning before. So maybe that is why I noticed the missing buttons for units with <button/> definitions with 31.13 only and not before (so far I thought I had just missed it). I fixed those in the meantime (the rest should have been ok all along).

I knew that it was not working, so I didn't pay attention to those - and that was my downfall when they corrected it :D

No need to, they already are on the same level. EDA only updated the artstyle definitions to 3.13 and VD already includes those in 1.71.

Great mod!

But just FYI, at least as of 1.71 the unit changes/fixes from BtS 3.13 are not in the game so its not truly compatible with the new patch yet.

I believe your files supercede the Firaxis files and have not been updated with the new info. For example, in 3.13, Attack Subs have been changed to 30 Str and in the mod they are still 24. Also, the fix for Military Academies is not present when using the mod (but is present in 3.13 stock).

Methinx all you have to do is merge your files with the official ones and make the appropriate changes that were made in the offical patch to get your mod on the same page as 3.13. I would attempt to do it myself, but I dont know how mods with 'modules' work as of yet. I *think* its just the Unitsinfo file that needs to be updated but there might be one more that needs it to get the Military Academy fix in.

But just FYI, at least as of 1.71 the unit changes/fixes from BtS 3.13 are not in the game so its not truly compatible with the new patch yet.

Hell, yes, unfortunately you're right. :gripe: I always forget that there was a CIV4UnitInfos.xml from EDU ...
Sorry.
I'm correcting this now...

CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml and CIV4UnitInfos.xml updated to BtS 3.13

Now I've corrected the 1.8 download (So if you were so quick and happen to have downloaded it beforehand, please download it again)

Wow awesome i'm downloading newst version

Just patched to 3.13, loaded in this awesome mod, and got nothing. No different look to any of the units. I'm lost and frustrated, add to this my inability to add any of the other units done by some of the artists here and I'm about to just put it all away and read a book.

I think this looks like an amazing addition to BtS, just venting that I can't get it to work.

Just patched to 3.13, loaded in this awesome mod, and got nothing. No different look to any of the units. I'm lost and frustrated, add to this my inability to add any of the other units done by some of the artists here and I'm about to just put it all away and read a book.

I think this looks like an amazing addition to BtS, just venting that I can't get it to work.

I assume you did everything by the installation instructions?

Ok, so if anyone has any problems with installing this mod/getting it to work, please post here with any detail you can give(but do check the installation instructions first,please) I'd like to know about any problems so I can iron them out. Thanks!

I think so. I installed the patch. downloaded 1.7 full and unzipped it into the mod folder here:
C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Varietas Delectat followed by 1.8 with the overwrite of the 1.7 files.
It shows up as a loadable mod, I load it, but then I go into World Builder just to see the new units, and all I see are the vanilla unit graphics. Did I screw it up from the start?

Try installing it in the Civ4\BtS\Mods directory (i.e. where you installed CIV) instead of under 'my games'. Not sure if this will fix it, but it sure is worth a try.

Try installing it in the Civ4\BtS\Mods directory (i.e. where you installed CIV) instead of under 'my games'. Not sure if this will fix it, but it sure is worth a try.

Tried that, too. Then it wouldn't show up as a loadable mod in the mod menu when I started BtS. I'll try it again, though. Can't hurt, I guess.

Reloaded, again, with the same lack of results. Same thing with Diversica. I'm thinking that I'm just an idiot.

Tried that, too. Then it wouldn't show up as a loadable mod in the mod menu when I started BtS. I'll try it again, though. Can't hurt, I guess.

Reloaded, again, with the same lack of results. Same thing with Diversica. I'm thinking that I'm just an idiot.

Couple of things you could try:
- Be sure to extract files with http://www.7-zip.org/
- Install into Civ4 install folder's /Bts/Mods just as Mamba said. Be sure it's in the same dir like Afterworld, Charlemagne, etc. dirs - in this case it should show up as a loadable mod
- If all else fails, you could try reinstalling Civ4 all over again ...

Avain, does the ini in the Mod folder have ModularLoading enabled? I assume it does, but that could be the problem.

Yes, it has. That's why I removed it from the installation instructions...

Top Bottom