Great People

About the Great mage: No. That would be to much magic IMHO. As Berenthor said, the UU's and hero/king units will be tweaked to have their magic, but regularly available units shouldn't have access to it.

About the commander, I don't like to limit it to one promotion, I would prefer a couple of promotions (some might be available to Captains as well, though not all, after thinking about it having it double as captian is a bit boring). Otherwise I'd restrict him to instructor/academy

Also, what will our Great Person be capable off?

The List:

- Great Minstrel (Great Artist)
  • Culture Bomb
  • Bulb a tech
  • Golden Age
  • Settling
- Great Artisian (Great Engineer)
  • Hurry production of a building
  • Bulb a tech
  • Golden Age
  • Settling
- Great Loremaster (Great Scientist)
  • Academy??? Does this fit? Other name perhaps?
  • Bulb a tech
  • Golden Age
  • Settling
- Great Merchant
  • Trade Mission
  • Bulb a tech
  • Golden Age
  • Settling

If we leave him in:
- Great Commander (Great General)
  • Military Academy (change name?)
  • Military Instructor (change name?)
  • attaching to a unit?

I agree. The Istari should be a Project you can build and get 1 based on the Alignment of the Civ. Only 4 Projects can be built (This way, not including Saruman).

Perhaps the Academy could be renamed Sage's Library.

Not sure about the Great Commander name changes.

I like the list Sengir, I will update the 1st post with it.

How about Recruitment Office instead of Military Academy? I allways thought it strange that an academy would turn out units faster instead of better.

Yeah, it feels a bit modern, I'll go through my (history) books a bit to see if I can come up with something with a more medieval feel.

We could eliminate the Attaching to a unit. If it does attach to a unit, I think it should have a least 1 promotion that only it can provide. I am fine with it being able to give more than 1 promotion. I was thinking that instead of granting XP, we could limit it in the way that it only Grants 1 Promotion, but you choose which 1 from a list.

I agree with the attaching giving at least one promotion not otherwise available and giving a promotion instead of xp.

If we want to attach them that's probably the best idea.

Agreed on the rest, I don't know what a period-appropriate equivalent to Recruitment Office would be. I like Sage's Library or some variation on Library instead of Academy (idea: a Vanyar UB should be a replacement to the Great Sage's building).

If we want to attach them that's probably the best idea.

Agreed on the rest, I don't know what a period-appropriate equivalent to Recruitment Office would be. I like Sage's Library or some variation on Library instead of Academy (idea: a Vanyar UB should be a replacement to the Great Sage's building).

I personnally don't like a UB that replaces a building that only a great person can build. This is way to limiting in my opinion (or it should only be one of the UB's).

I agree that a UB shouldn't replace the Academy (or whatever we have named it :crazyeye: )

I think the last things to be discussed on this topics are:

1) Name of Military Instructor & Military Academy

2) What should Attaching a Great Commander do?

And just because I finally thought of a different name for Great Merchant:

3) How about Great Peddler instead of Merchant?

My suggestions:
1) War Veteran (Military Instructor) & Recruit Lodgings (Military Academy) (not to happy with the last one)

2) Give Great Commander Promo (which opens up some promos available to Captains and some promos available to Great Commander units only) and 1 free promo (to be picked at the players leisure, no limits, other then meeting the prereqs).

3) Absolutely awesome, how wonderfull of you to think of this simply splendid name :D (I like it, as I don't think merchants really fit the setting, but if we keep merchant, that's fine with me as well).

Also, Great Artisian should be Great Artisan

Another suggestion for Great Merchant: Great Trader (I'm still not quite happy with Great Merchant. Somehow it feels anachronistic to the mod... ah well, probably just me.)

oooh, I like.
That would solve problems finding names for them as well (at least, we can get creative with them)

Top Bottom