Greecemod: Not a Byzwank, Promise (EU4 althist mod creation/discussion thread)

:p

(just saw that movie last night, it was wunderbar)

Also can some one get me the flag for Allemange from ck2? plz

just use EU4's german/HRE flag
If you want a more Germanic flag, though, Can't go wrong with valknuts.

It took you six years to see that movie? For shame Terran :p

More seriously could someone make sure it works?
Have you fixed it yet?
If not, commenting out works. I tried adding Caria, but it appears to not work.

Problem fixed. Remember to comment out country tags that don't have both country and history files yet, or the game will not function.

Okay, here's the thing. I've managed to put a few more countries in the game, and they work fine, but the Initializing Game issue has cropped up again, and I can't find the reason why.

After some further edits I managed to do nothing except completely bork everything up so I'm not going to commit this version.

On the other hand, here is a picture of Europe from when it was working, minus Sparta and Larissa which I had accidentally tagged out of the game.

Spoiler :

So, as it turns out, this issue had precisely nothing to do with missing history tags.

Lesbos prior to today had no male names (for obvious reasons).
However - this is what causes the game to bork. The merchant and diplomat names in the top right are *all* male regardless of country, and without male names, EU4 goes into an infinite loop in a very misogynistic and gender-normative rage. So some placeholder names (which I think you will all find quite fitting) have since been added.

It has been fixed. I'm currently having flag issues but I suspect this is a cache issue on my end and nothing to do with the actual game since the flag files are fine.

Spoiler :

This is Macedonia's flag, demonstrating that issue but that's on my end. Also the weird undiscovered provinces can be fixed later.

Guess who solved the flag issue? Turns out the game doesn't like it if you have flags that aren't being used in the main flag folder, so if you find a cool flag put it in another folder please. I think we might be having a similar problem in the religions file, I will look at that later.

Guess who solved the flag issue? Turns out the game doesn't like it if you have flags that aren't being used in the main flag folder, so if you find a cool flag put it in another folder please. I think we might be having a similar problem in the religions file, I will look at that later.

Welp.
I'll be focussing on AZA/PNT ideas and clearing up Mutapa and Whatever-That-Remaining-East-African-State-Is. Then, I'll get to creating Manga and San.

Omega told me that you need a female equivalent of the title archon. There is: Αρχόντισσα (Archontisa).

Omega told me that you need a female equivalent of the title archon. There is: Αρχόντισσα (Archontisa).

Oh, thank you :)

Civ'ed I've fixed your religion icon issue by the way. Your problem was that you didn't edit the .gfx files in /interface which tell the game how many "frames" to divide the .dds files up into. As we have 34 religions opposed to vanila's 16 the game was still trying to divide the file into 16 blocks, so the icons were larger and borked. I've solved this problem

Sparta national ideas (since I promised I would do them)

Traditions: +.50 military tradition
+1 leader shock

Earth and Water:
+100% Hostile Core Creation cost

Fight in the Shade:
+20% fort defense

Dine in Hell:
-15% land attrition

Fear the Spartan spear
+10% infantry combat ability

"Even a god-king can bleed"
+10% morale of army

With it, or on it
-33% War Exhaustion

"Remember why we died"
+20% global manpower manpower

Ambition:
+1 legitimacy

---

Lesbos traditions:
-1 national unrest
-10% stability costs

Cherchez la femme:
+25% spy offence

Court diplomacy
+1 diplomatic reputation

No lord in this manor
+1 republican tradition

Cosmopolitan lifestyle
-15% accepted culture threshold

Legacy of Lysistrata
-20% mercanary cost

Lesbian Wine
+10% production efficiency

Revivial of the Cult of Cybele:
+1 tolerance of heretics
+20% manpower modifer

Ambition
+10% base tax

I request that we include a very rare event that if Lesbos' republican tradition ever gets too low that they change to a monarchy that there is a very rare chance that you could get a 6/6/6 male monarch called Stephanos.

If you don't get the reference.

Spoiler :

Oh, thank you :)

Civ'ed I've fixed your religion icon issue by the way. Your problem was that you didn't edit the .gfx files in /interface which tell the game how many "frames" to divide the .dds files up into. As we have 34 religions opposed to vanila's 16 the game was still trying to divide the file into 16 blocks, so the icons were larger and borked. I've solved this problem

Praise the Gods!

The flags are still borked on my end. Weirdly, Germany, East Africa, and a few Greek countries now have the rebel flag, as if their flags just don't exist. Honestly, I'm just tempted to ignore the problem entirely and continue modding, since I can't even begin to comprehend what might be causing it. I did manage to add Caria, Lydia, and Rhodes into the game during a failed attempt at fixing it, though.

The flags are still borked on my end. Weirdly, Germany, East Africa, and a few Greek countries now have the rebel flag, as if their flags just don't exist. Honestly, I'm just tempted to ignore the problem entirely and continue modding, since I can't even begin to comprehend what might be causing it. I did manage to add Caria, Lydia, and Rhodes into the game during a failed attempt at fixing it, though.

wha
you removed the East African flags?
My beautiful work ;_;

Problem is fixed, finally, everything is restored! It was because of an oversized file. Now we can get back on progress.

Okay, I added the Pilgrims in Sardinia. I don't have a flag yet and I think I stuffed up the localization of their ideas, I think I need someone more experienced with localization like Civ'ed to look at it.

I'll probably do France yet, but there will be a LOT of placeholders as I don't know what's going on with names in that region (or any region really) yet.

Top Bottom