1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Greecemod: Not a Byzwank, Promise (EU4 althist mod creation/discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by SouthernKing, Sep 29, 2014.

1. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Dal Riada, not Dal Raida. Not sure if typo here or not, so just throwing it out there.

2. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I was assuming more of SPQR's provinces were going to be Ash'arite, IMO. :\

EDIT: I also notice a distinct lack of Romuva in that picture. Not all regions are added, it seems. :p

EDIT 2: I would make Gotland Swedish, too. Just looks weird as Finnish IMO.

3. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

1. Eastern Europe and the Baltics are the next thing I'm going to do.

Link to video.

:p

2. I was just following the plan, HOWEVER currently the culture is Swedish and I think Sweden has a core on it, but IDK, HOWEVER PART 2 I might actually make Gotland Gothic culture, but I am still thinking on that.

4. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

I'll upload an unfinished German province name thing later.

5. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Oh, yeah, this would be my mistake. Thanks.

I could make more provinces Muslim, but honestly SPQR is already far too weak as it is. IIRC I left Rome and the historically closest to Greek provinces Hellenic and made the rest Muslim.

Romuva is in the game, there just aren't any Romuva provinces because that area isn't done yet :p

My motivation for suggesting Gotland be Finnish was to encourage Finland to have interests further south, though I kind of agree with you. However, this (and ultimately anything in regards to Europe) is TE's decision.

Oooh :love:

6. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

Megs, those Spartan national ideas... just what.

7. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Link to video.

8. Tomorrow's Dawn

I know what it's from. I just don't think it'll mesh well with the mod.

9. Civ'ed

- Indian nation based on final fantasy
    - country called Manga, ideas are *all* based on anime and manga tropes
    - 1444 year old leader of jewish nation in east africa who is actually Judas
    - possibility for Saber to lead a country
    I think the Spartan ideas mesh wonderfully.

10. Tomorrow's Dawn

...I stand corrected. How did things turn out like this? I thought the christos request was pushing it already!

11. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Because when things get going, someone always goes a step too far. And apparently everyone took that step. :p

12. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

TO BE FAIR

My part remains fairly realistic imo,

Also was talking to SK earlier, can I do the Turks since I'm a bit of a turkaboo?

Pwetty pweeze :3

13. SouthernKing

Probably :p

Although, to be fair, aside from what Civ'ed said (and for the record, Saber has since been cut completely) a good 99% of it is based in reality. I suppose it's just about half a dozen countries that are entirely silly.

Yes TE, you can do the Turks :p also EDIT: I had a pretty thoroughly developed idea with this, do you want me to post it here?

14. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

Really? You're getting rid of Camelot? But...but...but... :cry:

15. Civ'ed

For the record, the start of the Germanic place names stuff has gone up.

16. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

Yes please post the idea as a reminder.

17. SouthernKing

Okay, see OP for labelled map and post 210 for the old culture map.

So here's my vision for this. in regards to cultures, Magadhi, Kalingan, Angi, and Vajji are the "Indo-Greeks." However, Gangai is now changed into two Turkic cultures (maybe Ganji in the Delhi area and downriver and Oghuz in Punjab/Haryana, but there are probably far better names for this). Indican as a culture no longer exists; I was thinking Indica (127) consists of Bactrians ruling over the western Indo-Turks.

129, 135, and 136 are the Turkic states. I was thinking that 135 and 136 are Sarvastivada Buddhist while 129 is something else (I know Tengri was thrown around)

Meanwhile, 130-134 and 137 are Alan states - all of these are Sarvastivada Buddhist. 137, for the record, is Alan despite having a majority non-Alan population. My idea here is to have 130 and 137 act as the main rivals in West India, with all of the other petty states having to choose allegiances between one side or the other. (If you want my headcanon as to why the Alans got stuck with Gujarat and Rajasthan, is that whoever controlled North India during the Alan crossing of the Hindu Kush gave those satrapies to them in exchange for loyalty.)

127 is Indica, the only Christian state in the region. 149 (Magadha) is Buddhist, while 148 (Kalinga) and 150 (Anga) have retained Indo-Seric Hellenism. That being said, there are still Indo-Seric Hellenic provinces elsewhere. Perhaps even another stray religion has a few provinces.

In unrelated regards to cultures: I'm going to rename Prakrit's group (Dakkhani) to Prakrit - Prakrit culture becomes Maharashtri, and Vindhya culture becomes Sauraseni. (Prakrits, FYI, are a general term for non-Sanskrit written languages in India during the first few centuries CE) This I feel represents classical India better. The two Prakrit cultures in this case are "pure" non-Dravidic Indians who have managed to resist Hellenization or foreign invasions, and remain Hindu.

18. Krzowwh

Krzowwh King

With regards to silly references, this IS a forum dedicated to the Civilization series, which has had its history of less-than-serious references, and this IS the ImperiumOffTopicum board (self-explanatory). I expect nothing less than a secret treasure trove of hidden and obscure gems in a mod coming from here.

Also, happy Mongolian Independence Day everyone! It's a mini-semi-update with East Asia, with a hint of what I have in store. (note that this does not meet my standards of good)

19. SouthernKing

Ooh, nice, thank you.

For what it's worth, I've been doing my stuff with the idea of "put it into the mod and come back to it later," so most of mine still lacks flavor and NIs; I mean to put those in when I have ideas for them.

20. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

I have some thoughts on Britain that I will note down later. I'm just reminding myself to do it