[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Maybe I've forgotten some of the rules but is there a reason I'm not allowed to build a campus in this hex northwest of Paris?

Attachments

• 20190214085201_1.jpg
    20190214085201_1.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 208
No idea.

Don't know yet, will keep an eye out in my next game.

Chariots don't need a strategic resource.

You can't use legacy cards in tier 1 governments.

Stepwell gives drought immunity.

All units now look a bit more different, but you have to zoom in to really see it on the earliest units.

nope/nope

Patch change a while back.... not a very good game mechanic is he?

Only played Maori but the Toa is nasty (upgrade from warrior, +5, no resource, and a stackable -5 even at sea.... as well as seemingly being able to repair tiles) however the ability for the whole civ to move fast at sea without embark issues is awesome. I played continents and they just pwned. Early quads is crazy strong if used quickly. I thought this civ was good and Hungary better, now I know that is likely incorrect but I have get to get hungry. If you have played a sea faring nation before you will appreciate 4 MP atr sea TOAs giving 5 flanking each is superior to anything at sea.

The pillage rule is stupid strong now... and toa pillage/repair is embarrasing.

I had Kabul and a GG to be fair.

Thanks!

La Ventas Colossal head improvement gives tourism now after flight. I don't believe that was in R&F was it? I just know it was never ever built

all unique improvements give tourism after flight in vanilla game. Though I admit I can't remember if city-state ones do, but I don't see why not.

Maybe I've forgotten some of the rules but is there a reason I'm not allowed to build a campus in this hex northwest of Paris?
No bronze working?

e. Ninja'd

Having a very weird experience with my first game. I'm now up to renaissance era, and I have seen a total of 0 barbarians in entire game. Surely that must be because I'm surrounded by other civs, you may think. But no. I have literally half a continent to myself and a single city state - yet not a single barb camp has spawned.

Also, AI seems to almost completely bypass wonders. I just finished Petra - in the Renaissance era. I build Pyramids in Medieval. This is on Emperor difficulty. :confused:
I think all your barbarians are running around in my game :-/ I had time to play like 40 turns and had 6 barb camps spawned within 15 tiles of my capital...

all unique improvements give tourism after flight in vanilla game. Though I admit I can't remember if city-state ones do, but I don't see why not.
Only improvements with Culture yield gave Tourism with Flight. Kampung being the only exception.

Though, to be fair, the stone heads giving Tourism only makes sense.

I few things I've picked up from a hundred turns or so as Inca:

If you don't want to use the New world age for absurd levels of hills and mountains (makes the game very unfair IMO) fractal is your go to for Inca starts. You roll a handful, you will get your big mountain plateaus you desperately wanted.

Qapac Nan do not get targeted by barbs. Im not sure if you can even pillage them, but barbs seem happy to live next to them. They are also hilariously fun to use.

When completing a warrior and researching iron working, the warrior will convert into a sword and use 20 iron but won't finish thanks to the extra production needed. If you cancel it, you can't get the iron back. Careful about that, lads!

I had a single river that was split into two rivers flood, and the flood effects of A damaged tiles in floodplain zone B. Actually it pillaged the dam protecting B!

Terrace farms' adjacency is only with themselves. There is no interplay with farms. So you can't have eg 2 farms and a terrace in a triangle at feudalism for a bonus. :(
Don't discount the terrace farm's bonus with fresh water. That free hammer is really good early on. Also, Machu Picchu is crazy good for using up flat tiles next to mountains- it makes getting good CH adjacency a snap.

They fixed the bug where removing notifications sometimes put you into the city production screen.

They made trade worse as usual.
I was seeing art deals for 15 gpt.
Whatevers...

I killed Kupe (Maori)
Just because I can lol.
25 cities now on my way to Victory.
Unless the whole Civ turns into Atlantis which would be pretty cool.

Not sure if I will get this Golden Age.
Need 3 Era Points with 3 Turns to go.
Gonna have to rush buy something or just suck it up with a Normal Age.

Tanks coming up soon.
Everyone dies after that.

I have to pause and go buy the wife some flowers before she wakes up.
Be Right Back!

Spoiler Turn 164 :

Dido 164.jpg

My favorite animation so far is Mathias’s little chin-rubbthing that makes him look like he’s giggling about a secret. Like if Gilgamesh is your gym-buddy, and Mansa Musa is buying all the rounds on Friday night, Mathias is your friend who just delivered the most devilish prank oh my yes he put peas in mother’s sweetcakes she’ll be EVER so cross teehee!

Top Bottom