1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

Just the fact they fixed the auto cycle camera makes the game experience a lot better.

The World Congress resolution that adds +4 gold for sending a trade route to the target civ does not work. Or at least is not shown in the UI.

Sometimes small parts of my territory look darker. I have the day-night cycle is disabled. But if I change the time and put it back, it looks ok afterwards.

The old leaders that I've met don't show as having a 3rd agenda. Although I have top secret visibility with them. Maybe the AIs have to reach themselves a certain tech/civic to enable it?

Got a random achievement to have a district pillaged by 3 natural disasters but that never occurred.

It's sad they still haven't fixed the trade route UI. Still doesn't show the correct number of turns required to complete it.

The AIs expanded a lot in my first King game. I was not able to get a religion. Curious to see how it plays on Emperor/Immortal where I used to play before GS.

All in all I enjoy the new expansion. After a few patches it should be even better.

2. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Could it be due to "cloud cover"? Check your graphics options.

agonistes, Myomoto and Gbest like this.
  3. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

Thanks! That should be it. I didn't know there is a new setting for that.

4. civxander

civxander Chieftain

I recognized this too. BUT, when you Zoom-In on the dark areas you will see it wandering slowly in direction of the "wind".

So it is simply a kind of a Cloud-Shadow-Simulation.

I think that is useless, but very nice!

agonistes and Gbest like this.
  5. noise36

noise36 Chieftain

My second game seems to be ruined by a bug which has captured cities with an occupation flag and -loyalty even after the civilization has been completely eliminated.

It's causing one of the cities to revolt and turn into a free city over and over. I tried liberating the previously eliminated civ but there was no options I could see to get rid of the captured flags on the cities.

P.s. the world congress sux.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  6. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

When you have bought every relevant building in the game as Mali and refuse to win via CV....
    (this is not even the highest GPT in my game - I had to drop lots of gold-related cards to finish the game).

upload_2019-2-17_3-42-44.png

Myomoto, oedali, Kjimmet and 7 others like this.
  7. Deggial

Deggial Warlord

Another “random observation”: Builders (and settlers, I guess) are not captured any more when hiding in a conquered city.

I am not sure, how I feel about this. It was quite handy to have those guys around for repairing tiles pillaged during the siege. And quite satisfying as an addirional benefit of conquering, too.
    But maybe also too strong. It’s certainly a nerf for the domination play style.

8. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

It seems, Sweden just needs to be in the game at the start, or at least survive until the first prize. In my game Kristina was eliminated mainly by Catherine and then Corvinus finished her off during the the first Prize:
    Spoiler :

but then the next vote popped up and went on just like nothing happened:
    Spoiler :

9. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

As Canda I decided to go for Kupe as my next target (my eastern neighbour and previous ally). Then I was suddenly targeted by a Betrayal Emergency by two of my current allies: Suleiman and Pachacuti.
    They are both my western neighbours. Now I must face war on two fronts. Also all of my trade routes were sent to them.

Hasn't happened to me in R&F. Maybe it's the new emergency voting system from the World Congress.

10. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

If you are struck by the worst category you can call a special session.

11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Warlord

Enemy AI builds GDR too and puts it inside the city, which makes it very tough to conquer!

12. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

This has been changed for a while from always to a random chance, I’m pretty sure I have both lost and got builders but I’ll keep my eyes open

13. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

14. Victoria

So here is congress alert I get in the classifcal era I cannot open because congress is not in session yet
    upload_2019-2-17_12-31-27.png

Kjimmet and WillowBrook like this.
  15. Kamino

Kamino Chieftain

My first impressions : exactly the same flow and the same flaws (too much micromanagement), new flavors, new bugs. 5/10. Already uninstalled.

16. Victoria

People that like you can vote for you
    upload_2019-2-17_12-55-41.png
    I also like this, although sadly flawed
    upload_2019-2-17_13-6-1.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Kjimmet and Zaarin like this.
  17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I feel like an arms dealer in my games. Should be called civ6: arms dealer. :) or Lord of war.

Ondolindë and agonistes like this.
  18. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

Do I go into the world congress screen after an event or is it just a notification I have to watch for? I have had Mega Colossal Eruptions and Cat-5 Hurricanes hit my cities and couldn't find any option to call a special session myself but it's possible I'm just not seeing it.

19. Timothy001

Timothy001 Chieftain

In my second game, as Teddy, had an aircraft carrier, destroyer armada, and battleship fleet, sunk by Canadian Jet Bombers, when Canada joined a war against me.
    First time I've ever seen AI use air power effectively. He had a base with 7 Jet Bombers, 1 Jet Fighter flying cover.

20. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

It should pop up. It costs 30 favor to call it and as far as I can tell you get nothing from it, but the AI gets 1 victory point. I guess it's more for MP.