[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

So... now I think about it more... this emergency triggers as soo as the medieval era occurs.... so it looks like and early emergency that sits and waits for the medieval era... Looks like they forgot about early emergencies messing things up

Yeah I had basically the same thing happen - except I spent favor for an emergency special session that never appeared in the classical era. And then another emergency appeared but didn't happen in the classical era - until the medieval era hit and that later emergency appeared (but not the first). So it looks like for pre-medieval emergencies essentially the last one ends up kicking in when the medieval era hits and the other are lost.

Is there a way to request aid for yourself when a disaster hits? Can the player request a special session somehow or are they just always random? Can a player even be the recipient of an aid request emergency, I have only seen them trigger when an AI has a disaster event.

Won my first game as Kupe (deity):
civ2 (2).jpg

So strong.. I even had a very slow start. Rock bands are fun but a bit ridiculous, I think they should be toned down or have their strength scale with future era civics like the GDR. You think you are clever pumping out 20 tourism from a single resort then you see this every other turn:
civ2.jpg

Finished turn 218, didn't even get to see any future era civics :undecide:

Last edited:
Is there a way to request aid for yourself when a disaster hits? Can the player request a special session somehow or are they just always random? Can a player even be the recipient of an aid request emergency, I have only seen them trigger when an AI has a disaster event.
I have been the recipient. Although what I received probably wasn't worth the favor and victory points to the AI.

I have been the recipient. Although what I received probably wasn't worth the favor and victory points to the AI.

I agree it's better to be giving aid for a chance at the diplo point, I was just wondering if there is a way for the player to call for a special session that I am missing or if the game always chooses them.

Just as I suspected, Cultural is too easy to win fast. I'm trying a diplomatic victory, I have less than 300 tourism, I'm trying to avoid getting more tourism and yet it's likely that I'll win a cultural before I win diplomatic because the AI doesn't show enough resistance. I'm racing against myself and losing.

I'll probably have to remove my OPen-air Museums and sell some great works to Kongo, to increase his culture.

I played a game as Phoenicia and the Colonial Taxes worked as intended when the capital was moved but the Casa De Contratacion still applied to the wrong cities. In this case, that included the city where the new original capital was.

Just as I suspected, Cultural is too easy to win fast. I'm trying a diplomatic victory, I have less than 300 tourism, I'm trying to avoid getting more tourism and yet it's likely that I'll win a cultural before I win diplomatic because the AI doesn't show enough resistance. I'm racing against myself and losing.

I'll probably have to remove my OPen-air Museums and sell some great works to Kongo, to increase his culture.
Same thing happened to me as Canada; I went heavy on tourism early on becuase with Canada you get diplo favor from having tourism, but I just ended up winning cultural victory by accident lol

So strong.. I even had a very slow start. Rock bands are fun but a bit ridiculous, I think they should be toned down or have their strength scale with future era civics like the GDR.

IMO they should be scaled for the starting number of civs.
Games with small numbers of civs on small maps can be quite different to games on very large maps with lots of civs.

So, while I have had my own little landmass to myself after eliminating Chandragupta early, the landmass connected to mine via shallow water has been in a near-constant state of multi-theater warfare for the whole game.

And I just realized I may have been fueling it and profiteering by selling all participants my excess strategic resources.

Hey, they fixed that thing where Privateers have to shoot at each individual model in the enemy unit sequentially.

I've been playing as the Inca. There is an achievment called "surprise attack": move a military unit into an opponent's owned tile using a mountain tunnel of qhapaq nan. I've done that about 15 times and it never popped; but I just airlifed a spec ops to an enemy tile (actually a free city), no tunnels nearby at all, and the achievment activated. Hmm...

Another new hidden agenda: Demogogue

Wants to have the most Favor, dislikes civs with more Favor.

you just never have enough oil in this. played 3 games now every time units were suffering from not enough oil and i had plenty of oil resources. it's good to be a bug?

Top Bottom