[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

On disaster setting 2 I have had two volcano eruptions, one blizzard, and one drought, and I've seen in multiple storms in Trajans lands and I'm in the medieval era.

I'm terrace farming killamanjero now after an eruption. Sweet yields and I was able to position an aqueduct to give bonus production to 2 of the farms. Very fun.

On disaster setting 2 I have had two volcano eruptions, one blizzard, and one drought, and I've seen in multiple storms in Trajans lands and I'm in the medieval era.

I'm terrace farming killamanjero now after an eruption. Sweet yields and I was able to position an aqueduct to give bonus production to 2 of the farms. Very fun.

On 2 I've seen 4 floods, 1 dust storm, 1 tornado, and 1 drought on my little two civ landmass.

I got the "Real Estate Disclosures Required" achievement (have a district be pillaged by 3 different random events). Apparently, they don't have to be your districts, because the only disaster that has affected me was a flood, and I didn't have any districts then. :crazyeye:

I got the "Real Estate Disclosures Required" achievement (have a district be pillaged by 3 different random events). Apparently, they don't have to be your districts, because the only disaster that has affected me was a flood, and I didn't have any districts then. :crazyeye:

Wanna report it as a bug?

When setting up a game, if you enter Advanced Setup and try to load a Configuration (even one created in Gathering Storm), all the new leaders disappear and wont reappear as leader choices until you exit back to main menu.
Got this problem with R&F release! The expansion setting is part of saved configuration (you choose it among the most top right options). So you have to pick Gathering Storm and save that as your new configuration.

I just tried playing the TSL earth map. Still tiny, as to be expected, but I'm annoyed that they didn't update the city states. There are meant to be 12 city states, but with the removal of Carthage, Toronto, there are now only 9 (and there were only 11 in RF...).

The game looks GORGEOUS though.

Up to turn 60 now in my First Game of Gathering Storm.

Barbs seem to be less of a problem this game.
Not sure if that is a change but they are not mass spawning like the last 2 years or so.
Could be just a random thing this game by chance for me but they only spawned a couple units.
If they would of spawned like before it would of created many more problems for me.

Harvest was easy as usual.
I got it up on turn 22 using a Faith hexagon and God King.
I have been chopping anyway but not using Magnus or any % cards since it isn't supposed to work.
I wanted to try Pingala anyways.
Pretty nice boost of an extra 10 Culture per turn for about 35% of my game.
Not sure if I will use the +1 Science or not on the next upgrade.

I decided to steal Kabul since the AI likes to let you do that.
I also decided to play nice with the AI as you can see I am DoF with all 3 I have met.
Too bad since two Setters are in range right now but playing nice is safer for my first game.

The mountains are ridiculous this game.
I can't get through to scout.
Annoying. Gonna have to try get through or wait for Cartography.

Only 5 cities up on turn 60 and I have been kinda hard building districts for the most part.
I have some sick +4 and +5 Campuses here.
I want to settle the desert area for the Iron but not in a hurry.
Most likely going to have up 7 or 8 in the next 10-15 turns.
Faith bought 2 Builders and a Settler so far.
Got the Classical Golden Age pretty easy... 24/24 exactly on turn 46.

Deity, Pangaea Map, Standard Settings, Natural Disaster Setting 2
No Reloads or Replaying Turns is my standard rule.

I dunno seems like business as usual for me with the exception of abusing chops.
I have had 2 Floods nearby so far
One Tornado that missed my tiles.
Two Volcanic eruptions that didn't do any damage.

So far it seems worth the $31.50 to me.
That is subjective though.

Here are some screen shots....

Spoiler Up to Turn 60 :

Dido Harvest 22.jpg

Dido Golden 46.jpg

Dido 60.jpg

First thoughts:

Fun new additions. Will definitely keep playing.

Even more obvious that there’s room for another XP though. Game still doesn’t feel “finished.”

Goody Hut Additions from file

GOODY_DIPLOMACY_GRANT_GOVERNOR_TITLE 1
GOODY_DIPLOMACY_GRANT_ENVOY 1
GOODY_DIPLOMACY_GRANT_FAVOR 20
GOODY_MILITARY_ADJUST_STRATEGIC_RESOURCES 20

Base game goody huts seem unchanged

I'm officially jealous. It's late morning here in Norway, and it will be at least 10-11 hours until I get to play.
I feel your pain. 11 hours for me; the game was downloading as I left for work. Sigh.

Goody Hut Additions from file

GOODY_DIPLOMACY_GRANT_GOVERNOR_TITLE 1
GOODY_DIPLOMACY_GRANT_ENVOY 1
GOODY_DIPLOMACY_GRANT_FAVOR 20
GOODY_MILITARY_ADJUST_STRATEGIC_RESOURCES 20

Base game goody huts seem unchanged
I also had a goodie hut heal my scout.

Landed T10 but having found a science CS and the Galapagios I'm gonna try to surviuve and rush Toas... great choice of options with Maori
upload_2019-2-14_8-16-52.png

I also had a goodie hut heal my scout.
In the Base Game

Top Bottom