1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Starwars

Starwars Warlord

Oh my god, yes. It's absolutely maddening when you have to redeclare friendships/alliances. Ha ha ha....! Ha ha ha...! Ha ha ha...!

Zaarin likes this.
  2. L4Psha

L4Psha Warlord

How does the result of voting in WC desided if there is a tie? Random?

3. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

It seems to switch by default to whatever the player voted for, but I haven't seen enough ties to know if it's definitely how it works.

4. L4Psha

L4Psha Warlord

I also thought that it works this way, but i have a resolution where everyone voted for different leader and just only one vote each, so somehow one was chosen and it was almost completely opposite for what i voted for.

5. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

There's a bunch of active African volcanoes, even if the snoozing Kilimanjaro is by far the most famous. My top picks would be Nyiragongo or Erta Ale, as they both have lava lakes (which despite the popular conception, and Firaxis' in game art, are very rare). You also have Fogo in the Cape Verde islands, whose eruption caused a megatsunami 70,000 years ago that kindly deposited huge boulders on the tops of the cliffs of nearby islands.

Spoiler Nyiragongo :

Spoiler Erta Ale :

Spoiler Fogo :

Zaarin and Boris Gudenuf like this.
  6. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

The AI goes for this. Monty must have had 8 cities spamming the project on the deity game I just finished.

7. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

My last game only had 5 uranium sources on the entire map, and it was huge...

8. Brutus2

Brutus2 Prince

I found his Castilian ability almost mandatory in my recent domination victory. He increases loyalty in all surrounding cities (not just the one he is placed in) which stacks with loyalty bonus from any governors you have placed in those surrounding cities. I was able to capture capital cities which were still surrounded by other high pop cities and not loose loyalty thanks to having Victor nearby plus placing another governor in the city I just captured plus Policy cards that increase Governor and Garrison loyalty.

His defensive bonuses are obviously only useful if one of your cities is under attack and useless if you are on the offensive but I have seen the AI frequently use Victor to prevent me from being able to put the city under siege which does make it harder to take the city, buying time for the AI to send in more reinforcements.

Then there is the ability that increases resources gain which at least give you something to do with him when your war ends.

Stilgar08 and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  9. Brutus2

Brutus2 Prince

Random observation...

When you make peace the game now requires that every occupied city is either ceded or returned (It used to be that you could keep a city even without having your opponent cede it) and when you return a city, any resources located in that city are also added to the trade screen so you can clearly see what resources you will be giving up if you return that city.

10. Brutus2

Brutus2 Prince

Agree 100%. I'm loving GS overall but the Diplomacy victory has to be the most disappointing thing for me. I'm not sure I want to bother trying for it unless they make a change. I have completed four games now and never had more than 5 victory points in any game despite picking up every point that was available. I have never had more than one aid request or victory point WC vote in a game and Statue of Liberty and the Seaside future tech are the only ones you can count on. I guess if you really want a Diplo victory you have to crank up the disaster scale to maximum to hopefully increase Aid requests. Building up lots of Favor is useless when you have nothing to spend it on (most of the proposals are not great) and have to wait 30 turns for each chance at 2 points.

11. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Erta Ale is in the name list for Volcanoes.

Boris Gudenuf likes this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I think they said in a stream that ties break in favor of whomever has the greatest amount of favor.

That makes sense. If a tie were decided in a run-off, the one that could through more additional votes into it would win.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I want a pantheon that will let you throw workers into a volcano for faith

Elhoim, Kjimmet, Victoria and 4 others like this.
  14. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

I had that happen in my Inca game

I was well caffeinated throughout the entire game

Victoria likes this.
  15. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Pretty sure it's the exact opposite, actually. Whoever tied and spent the largest percentage of their favor wins.

Seek, Pietato, Zaarin and 1 other person like this.
  16. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I mean I guess their reasoning is "hey we don't have a preferred Jewish religion Civ yet, but Phoenicia is probably close enough."

And they couldn't even get a good adjacency bonus to the theater square with the Great Lighthouse because they couldn't remove the crabs. :lol:

Zaarin likes this.
  17. local_hero

local_hero Prince

I like Casa de Contratacion more now after improvements to continent generation. I've played more Standard size maps too, maybe that helps as well.

I've read some being underwhelmed by the buffs to Georgia, but I'm actually interested in playing them again. In my games, the AI has often passed increased production in city centers in the World Congress. Walls are built so quickly when slotting the Limes policy card too while the resolution is active.

The increased pillaging rewards hasn't made Norway any more exciting to play though, I mostly play Continents. I hope Firaxis tune down the pillaging rewards for other civs (or reset to pre-GS levels) and make the current level or slightly nerfed version of it a part of Haralds LUA.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    acluewithout likes this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That doesn't figure to my experience where I won ties against several other civs, all having spent the freebie vote, and I had significantly more Favor banked than them.

19. Kibikus

Kibikus Warlord

That's the thing, with the freebie vote you are effectively spending 0 favor. So, as long as you've put in at least two votes, you've invested more of your favor than anyone with only 1 vote.

20. Janskey

Janskey Prince

Started a game as Hungary yesterday, it's just ridiculous.

My capital is in the green spot. I got a scout from a goody hut ~T3 and the rest is history. Kupe had met 2 CS first and Curtin 2 down south, but I got 5. Luckily, I also got the crazy barbarian spawning thing, so there's always enough gold to levy.