1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Starwars

Starwars Warlord

It varies a lot for me honestly. Generally speaking I find the maps to be much more interesting and fun to play than before GS but then sometimes you get those maps that you mention where it's just a pain to navigate through mountains and you don't really have the space to do anything. That's when 1upt really is a pain, when there are too many units and too many passes to move comfortably. But most of the time the maps feel fine to me.

I haven't played any Pangea as of yet though, I've only played Continents.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It breaks the 4th wall to refer to you as a civ leader. I don't think that's very good.

bbbt, Meluhhan, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  3. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I thought it was hilarious actually. He's not been in any of my games yet and I haven't seen that.

Kjimmet, WillowBrook and Weraptor like this.
  4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Thats how many in NZ talk.

bbbt and Pietato like this.
  5. Eagle Pursuit

You mean the wild gesticulating, the slangy informality, or both?

6. Victoria

7. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

I would also like to add that the Trade mechanics is completely broken in Civ 6 GS. You can get 1 Nitre for 6 gold and sell 1 coal for 200 gold. When you increase the amount the AI refuses to trade with you. Both of these triviliaze the game. The first ensures you never have to worry about lack of Iron/Nitre as getting it is quite easy. The second gives you enough cash to buy everything. I guess I will start a new thread to explain it a bit better.

Narn likes this.
  8. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Worse: when you select a lux and ask them for their offer, they give you 1 Gold. That’s it. What you have to do, is ask for a clearly unreasonable amount, and then ask them to make it more equitable. THAT will be their actual offering.

9. Eagle Pursuit

I've stopped negotiating with the AI because the trade dynamics are exploitative at the moment. I either accept or decline the offer as given.

10. Victoria

makes perfect sense to me.

11. Victoria

This is a few clicks problem I am unhappy with.
    I have always done this for example dropping in a Salt and saying how much and they go 6GPT.
    now they always go 1 gold... I then suggest 10 GPT and they go, no 6.... extra clicks and I do not consider that extra flavour

12. ZeroSuitSenpai

ZeroSuitSenpai Warlord

Yeah I seem to remember the 1 gold offers being a bug before. Looks like it's back. I suspect they will have trading issues with strategics and 1 gold offers fixed in a patch or two.

13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yeah I think there might be a quick patch in a week or so to fix some obvious things, then the typical big "Spring Patch."

14. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

As for the climate change it seems to be very non impressive in the only game I played. I think a bit more climate change disasters need to get implemented. Honestly it seems a cosmetic change. Where is the flooding and giant fireball disasters at. I hope they implement stronger climate change consequences.

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

You actually flipped a city state? I've never been close, though haven't played Eleanor yet. I keep hearing it's possible, but to me it's still this mythical thing. :)

I noticed this in my Ottoman game with Eleanor. I was thinking cities she flipped never increased in garrison strength. Or that's my theory anyways, it was on a different continent, so I have no idea how she ended up with those cities (I doubt she conquered them).

16. Eagle Pursuit

Probably a 1 month patch, then the spring patch.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  17. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Plus I like to settle my capital near some mountains. Adds some majesty to it.

Yep. I wiped Russia early in a marathon game, and while some civs were upset for a short time (Greece dow'd me), it didn't last long. Grievances fade really fast.

I wonder if I might enjoy it more if the grievances never faded - you had to spend diplo points to directly offset them, and/or any diplo points earned through actions also decreased the grievances by the same amount. The rate of the static decrease makes the grievances negligible.

As another example, in a Russia game, I started next to Gandhi, and converted his holy city (and all of his mainland cities for that matter, and roasted his missionaries). Again a marathon game. We were soon again fast friends.

edit: wooo, btw, Fez can be nasty if you are a faith-generating civ.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  18. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Incoming justification: this is Eastern market haggling, working as intended!:p

Meluhhan likes this.
  19. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Same, but only becuase I'm too lazy to minmax my trades!

20. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

It still does.

Some of Kupe's lines are too slang-y for my tastes, but I do love his request to declare friendship: "Hey, there are worse people than you. Can I tell the others you're not a complete jerk?" :lol: