[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Am I the only one who's very tired of the game not warning you about "now it might be a good idea to renew this nuclear plant"? I know there's a hover over thing, but it still means you have to remember to check it.
You are playing in the spirit of the disaster version.

On a vaguely similar line... CO2/Climate change details identified here CO2 logic

Am I the only one who's very tired of the game not warning you about "now it might be a good idea to renew this nuclear plant"? I know there's a hover over thing, but it still means you have to remember to check it

I rarely have enough Uranium to build them. I usually only have one source which is dedicated to GDR, I don't necessarily want to build those, but because the ai does, I need to. Sadly nuclear submarines are out of the question for me as well.

Anyone noticing a city strength bug when playing the Ottomans? I've seen this in both Ottomans games I'm playing and also one of the youtubers games (PotatoMcWhiskey). It doesn't happen to every civ, but seems to be at least 1. I have 20 civs in my current game, and I've seen it with at least 2 so far. For example despite the Khmer having knights and coursers they will have cities with strength 15 and 18, yet any city they have a unit in will have very high city strength. This has to be a bug since the Ottomans kit doesn't have anything that would do this.

Anyone have any thoughts on Earth TSL maps? I'm playing a Ynamp Earth TSL right now with the Ottomans with the 20 aforementioned civs. I made a mistake putting Indonesia in the game, she still can't do anything on Earth TSL maps. That small starting island seems to throw her off. She settled only 1 additional city (a bit North of where Afghanistan would be). I'm not seeing a lot of polar ice on this map in the South at least, so that's good from a realism standpoint. I'm assuming it will still melt at the appropriate time when we pollute enough.

I'm finding if I put more than 20 civs in the game, I seems to have weird bugs with the civ jersey's (instead of a color, their city plate is transparent). And their units will be near invisible!

I'm finding if I put more than 20 civs in the game, I seems to have weird bugs with the civ jersey's (instead of a color, their city plate is transparent). And their units will be near invisible!
That's because there are not enough colors defined in the Colors table from which the jersey system draws upon to effectively differentiate more than 20 Civs. You'll need to utilize one of the three mods that expand and adjust the available color palettes to bypass this issue: Prismatic, Better Civilization Colours, or Calypso's Recolored Civilizations. Sukritact's Civ Selection Screen will also allow you to manually select all the player jerseys in the advanced setup screen. Hopefully, this will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

I think this may be a bug:

The Great Scientist who reveals Oil early: if that Oil is under a district or wonder, it begin accumulating in your stockpile even before you get Refining technology.
The same thing will happen if you are suzerain of the city state that gives you +2 of any resource you have revealed but do not own.

Anyone noticing a city strength bug when playing the Ottomans?
So that is what it is. I think I have had this... I’ll replay a game and check. I do know a couple of times my Ram was not moved close enough (duh) but I am pretty sure there were weird other turns.

I had no aid emergencies in my last game. Is this unusual?

Game lasted until turn 350 on epic speed, world era was modern when I won. Huge island plates map, disaster level 4, emperor difficulty.

There were definitely destructive storms and floods. I suffered at least two that damaged buildings and districts, but I didn't get the option to ask for aid. Other civs did, too, but no aid emergencies.

Unlucky? Or something weird going on? I'm using a big handful of mods, but none should affect emergencies. And I got aid emergencies in previous games playing with most of them. It was my first huge map and epic speed game with GS, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

(I'm just really glad I wasn't going for a diplo victory.)

I had no aid emergencies in my last game. Is this unusual?

Game lasted until turn 350 on epic speed, world era was modern when I won. Huge island plates map, disaster level 4, emperor difficulty.

There were definitely destructive storms and floods. I suffered at least two that damaged buildings and districts, but I didn't get the option to ask for aid. Other civs did, too, but no aid emergencies.

Unlucky? Or something weird going on? I'm using a big handful of mods, but none should affect emergencies. And I got aid emergencies in previous games playing with most of them. It was my first huge map and epic speed game with GS, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

(I'm just really glad I wasn't going for a diplo victory.)

It was probably just a fluke.

I my recent game nuclear plant consumes 1 more uranium than it should. One provides 10 energy and consumes 2 uranium, and the other which provides 20 also consumes 2. Why it can be so?

I my recent game nuclear plant consumes 1 more uranium than it should. One provides 10 energy and consumes 2 uranium, and the other which provides 20 also consumes 2. Why it can be so?
It is a dodgy screen, when you click next turn each power plant flashes up how many units it uses and well show 1... you can also see this hovering over your uranium.

It is a dodgy screen, when you click next turn each power plant flashes up how many units it uses and well show 1... you can also see this hovering over your uranium.
Yes, hovering over uranium shows 4. And i have two power plants. I recall that in the previous game i maybe had the same issue, but that time i thought i just miscalculated something. Now its pretty obvious.

... so you are saying you are using 2 per turn? If your game is unmodded can you post a save?
I was seeing the usage doubling when the power plants were in fact serving no cities because each city had its own power....it was very moronic of Firaxis to allow a power plant to produce production as well as power because everyone is building them locally and confusing the hell out of the software.

I have last autosave before victory.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0466.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 148
@L4Psha ...( and @Sostratus )
You have 2 cities with Nuclear power plants.
Gwangju Power plant is provide 3 power locally and 2 remotely... this should be only using 1 uranium
Hyderabad power plant is providing 5 local power and 14 remote power so should only be using 2 uranium
However in the save provided is showing 4 uranium used for power.

So in save 467 below I removed the power plant from Gwanju and only 2 power is used as expected by hyderabad.
So as the problem is with Gwangju I deleted the research lab there. The reason for this was Gwangju has 1 solar plant for 2 power, a factory that needs 2 power and a research lab that needed 3 power. The idea was to stop the local use of the power plant as the factory will be run by Solar power alone. And sure enough in save 469 I provide you will see The uranium usage dropping to the correct levels of 3.

I therefore surmise from this that IF a power plant provides local power the resource usage is separate from remote/aura power.... so 2 are used

How can I prove this further?
Well Hyderabad is producing
5 power or 1 Uranium for local use
14 power or 1 uranium for remote use.
Therefore if I add an additional remote resarch lab Hyderabad will go up to 3 usage
upload_2019-3-23_22-19-29.png
upload_2019-3-23_22-21-23.png

So I add a broadcast tower to Kazan and it does not work as expected.. it works properly
upload_2019-3-23_22-25-9.png
upload_2019-3-23_22-25-26.png

I then replicate Gwanju a bit more by adding a solar source... still using 3 uranium
upload_2019-3-23_22-28-11.png

So I remove 9 power requirement to Patna so Hyderabad only uses 1 uranium... and low and behold... it uses 2 still as per save 472
upload_2019-3-23_22-32-17.png

In summary. It looks like if you are using power locally from a power plant and remotely you will use a minimum of 2. If remote power needs more than 16 it can steal off the left over local... but they cannot share 1, it must be 2.
If someone wants to report it as a bug?

Attachments

• CHANDRAGUPTA 469 2034 AD.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 140
  • CHANDRAGUPTA 467 2033 AD.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 143
  • CHANDRAGUPTA 472 2035 AD.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 136
Is it just me or do the tooltips for resource requirements for units in the tech and civic tree always display the amount needed on standard speed, not scaled?

Is it just me or do the tooltips for resource requirements for units in the tech and civic tree always display the amount needed on standard speed, not scaled?
Yes, it shows the standard speed resource requirements, not scaled.

@L4Psha ...( and @Sostratus )
You have 2 cities with Nuclear power plants.
Gwangju Power plant is provide 3 power locally and 2 remotely... this should be only using 1 uranium
Hyderabad power plant is providing 5 local power and 14 remote power so should only be using 2 uranium
However in the save provided is showing 4 uranium used for power.

So in save 467 below I removed the power plant from Gwanju and only 2 power is used as expected by hyderabad.
So as the problem is with Gwangju I deleted the research lab there. The reason for this was Gwangju has 1 solar plant for 2 power, a factory that needs 2 power and a research lab that needed 3 power. The idea was to stop the local use of the power plant as the factory will be run by Solar power alone. And sure enough in save 469 I provide you will see The uranium usage dropping to the correct levels of 3.

I therefore surmise from this that IF a power plant provides local power the resource usage is separate from remote/aura power.... so 2 are used

How can I prove this further?
Well Hyderabad is producing
5 power or 1 Uranium for local use
14 power or 1 uranium for remote use.
Therefore if I add an additional remote resarch lab Hyderabad will go up to 3 usage
View attachment 521258View attachment 521259

So I add a broadcast tower to Kazan and it does not work as expected.. it works properly
View attachment 521260View attachment 521261

I then replicate Gwanju a bit more by adding a solar source... still using 3 uranium
View attachment 521262

So I remove 9 power requirement to Patna so Hyderabad only uses 1 uranium... and low and behold... it uses 2 still as per save 472
View attachment 521264

In summary. It looks like if you are using power locally from a power plant and remotely you will use a minimum of 2. If remote power needs more than 16 it can steal off the left over local... but they cannot share 1, it must be 2.
If someone wants to report it as a bug?

Thanks a lot. I can report it, if it's really not working as intended. Though it seems that everything is alright if it works as you explained, but as i remember power plant provides power for all cities in a range. ANd where to it's better to report a bug? Because maybe in 2k's support they maybe just trying to resolve an issue, and not collecting bug reports. I sent bug reports there, they were trying to resolve them but they still there even after expansion. I know they can just not listen or have their own issues but still. Or maybe they are not bugs after all.

Top Bottom