Guerra Pacifico 1879-1884

That 'canon' in the first screenshot should be 'cañón'.

What's the CivIII Musketsman of XVII century protects the city from the Gaucho?:confused::eek:I didn't put this unit in this scenario 'coz I just could not do this!!!!!

My bad, that is an immobile unit I added to each city, to prevent me from leaving a city undefended & screwing up the AI attack. The Musketman graphic is to distinguish them. They cannot attack or bombard, they just sit there. It also helps in the beginning of scenario, cause then I don't have try and figure out which Infantry unit stays or fights, they all fight.

You can't? Sure? The Spanish dub of the game had the word 'cañón', I'm pretty sure of that. Copy and paste it from the thread, try that.

I can always just send you a text file with thelists to copy and paste. If you have Windows, try changing settings to 'Spanish' and see what you get.

March 1881
-Argie Fusileros killed near Valparaiso
-2 Mapuche Guerreros killed in Puntarenas
-My secret weapon, Batallon Naval spend the month healing in Antofagasta, to get ready for La Reconquista de La Serena.

April 1881
-MPP signed with Brazil, the hope is for them to keep the Argies busy on their eastern border.
-Brazil quickly declares war on Argentina, there is hope. I can now attack Argie territory.
-In the south Argie troops have been cutting roads to my resources.
-My last defenders, Civil Militia & Santiago units are killed in Valparaiso. Valparaiso is gone & I no longer have access to Saltpeter, mierda.

May 1881
-4 fully healed Batallon Naval, the heroes in the “Batalla de Antofagasta” are shipped south to retake our lost cities.
-Battle of La Serena, Argie Canon, Fusilero & 2 Gaucho are killed with 2 Naval Battallon units lost. The city is retaken briefly, but then lost again.
-Battle of Valparaiso, Argie Arquero, Fusilero & Curasero are killed with 1 Santiago unit lost, as well as my only Vapor. The city is also retaken briefly, but then lost again just like in La Serena. I now have no naval transport & can’t build one cause I have no Saltpeter, estamos bien jodidos!

La reconquista

La perdida otra vez

June 1881

-Fusilero killed in Valparaiso & the city is retaken back!
-Fusilero killed in La Serena & the city is retaken back!
-We have no other units nearby, so we have to draft some units to defend, but realistically we have no choice but to talk with the Argies about peace. Thankfully, they are just as eager as I am to end this costly war. But with a MPP with Brasil, this peace won’t last long.
-Major attack by Peru in Antofagasta, 2 Canons destroyed with 1 Arquero & Horse unit killed.

July 1881
-Peace Treites signed all aoround with Nederlands, France, Britain, Ecuador & CR. Many gold & Workers were received from these treaties!
-2 Santiago units are killed in Antofagasta by the continuing Peruvian assault, it’s looking very bleak up there & no reinforcements in sight.
-Argies attack Brasil & the war is back on with the Argies. A Battallon Naval dies defending Valparaiso.

August 1881
-Fusilero & Canon killed near Valparaiso.
-2 Peruvian Mistis killed in Antofagasta, but a Santiago & Horse units are lost. Colombians are now outside the city.
-roads to Saltpeter have now been reconnected in the south.

September 1881
-Fusilero killed outside of Santiago.
-2 Colombian horse units killed in Antofagasta, but we lose a Batallon Naval.
-Peruvian units continue the assault killing our last Santiago unit in the city. Antofagast is lost to malditos Peruanos. They also took a Worker unit. Copiaco is now the new front line & there aren’t many defenders there…

October 1881
-Batallon Naval & Worker lost near Copiaco
-Santiago unit is sent to Cuncos in what is now southern Argie territory to destroy roads, but is killed.

November 1881
-Quecha unit is killed and our Worker is rescued near Copiaco.
-2 Peruvian Gauchos killed near Copiaco, but we also lost our last & only Horse unit in the Army. Aguante Chile! Ni un paso atras!!!
-1 Argie Gaucho killed in La Serena.

December 1881
-Sign an MPP with Brasil again, with hope that this will relieve the Peruvian pressure in Copiaco.
-1 Peruvian Gaucho killed in Copiaco, but we lost a defender as well. But now Brasil is at war with Peru!

Thus the year 1881 ends and after 3 years of fighting with several cities flipping back & forth, much blood spilled, we are exaclty as we were when the war first started. War is hell…

January 1882
-Argie Fusilero killed near Copiaco
-Mapuche Guerrerro killed near Valdivia
-Argie Canon killed near our capital Santiago
-A new stategy emerges in the Halls of the Presidential Palace in Santiago. We shall concentrate on building more Arty & Horse units.

February 1882
-Batallon Naval dies in Copiaco.
-I can see lots of fighting between Argentina & Bolivia.

March 1882
-Peace with Colombia & Argentina
-Peruvian Arquero & Misti are killed in the north.
-Mapuche Arquero killed near Valdivia.
-Nederland declares war on us
-Peace with Uruguay & Paraguay
-We now have units like Gatlin Chileno, Marinero de Huascar & Artilleria Pesada in out forces.

April 1882
-Heavy fighting in the north against Peruvian forces. 2 Gaucho, 1 Arrquero & 1 Canon killed with only the lost of our Fuerte in Copiaco.

May 1882
-Massive attack in Copiaco by Peru. We kill Misti, 2 Canons, Gaucho, Arquero, 28 de Julio unit while only losing Artilleria Pesada & Santiago units. We also captured their Worker.
-Peru declares war on Argentina. Very good news.

June 1882
-Peruvian Gaucho is killed in Copiaco.
-Almost all Peruvian units retreat & begin to march to Argentinian city of Salta.

July 1882
-We mass troops in Valdivia to prepare for battle for Perquenco

August 1882
-Peru Gaucho killed in north.

September 1882
-Peru Misti killed in north.
-Arquero killled near Perquenco.
-Ecuas declare war on us.

October 1882
-Battle for Perquenco; 2 Guerreros, 1 Civil Militia killed, 2 Workers captured and Perquenco is captured.
-Brasil finishes off the Mapuche with the capture of Patagons in the south.

November 1882
-War with Argentina is on again. This is part III.
-Argies kidnap our Worker near Valparaiso.

December 1882
-Argie Gaucho killed near Valparaiso & our Worker is rescued.

Another year has passed & due to Peru’s distraction in Argentina, we have had an easier time in the north around Copiaco, even took the opportunity to take the Mapuche capital. We have used this time to rebuild our forces, we no longer fear the Argies. We now begin to build up a force to advance into Argie territory.

I'm almsot sure that Copiaco should be called 'Copiapó'. :) Go get 'em, Mr. Black!

I'm almsot sure that Copiaco should be called 'Copiapó'. :) Go get 'em, Mr. Black!

Yeah, that’s my bad on my map, not in the downloaded one. :blush:

------------------------------------------

January 1883
-France declares war on us.

February 1883
-Argie Gaucho killed in Concepcion
-Argies & Peruanos declare peace. I expect the north border to flare up again.

March 1883
-8 Chilean units cross the border into Argentina & set up camp just outside of Rawson.
-In the north, Peru Gaucho is killed.

April 1883
-Attack on Rawson is a complete failure! Our 3 Horse units were able to retreat before they died at the hands of Argie Gatlin guns.
-Peru 28 Julio is killed in north.
-Colombia declares war on us.

May 1883
-Peace treaty signed with Venezuela along with an alliance to fight Colombia.
-Chilean units cross the border back into Chile after failed attack in Argentina, we will not send our troops into certain death against the Gatlins.
-Paraguay declares war on us.
-Argie canon killed in Valparaiso.
-Brasil signs peace with the Bolis.

June 1883
-Ferocious battle in the northern border near Copiaco, 1 Horse, 2 Santiago units & 1 Batallon Naval are lost in the battle, while we were able to kill 3 Canons & 2 Misti of Peru.
-Boli units begin to appear near the border.
-Marineros de Huascar become a priority as our startegy to take the war through the sea is preapared.

July 1883
-Venezuela declares war on us.
-2 Argie Fusileros killed, in the north & near Santiago.

August 1883
-Peru Gaucho killed & Great Leader Arturo Pratt appears in the northern battles.
-Boli units retreat from Chile & begin heading toward Argentina. :)

September 1883
-Gatlins arrive within bombard range of Antofagasta, to support our Marineros.
-Peace with Ecuas

October 1883
-Amphibious assault on Antofagsta by Marineros is huge success as we kill 5 Peruvian 28-Julios! While only losing 1 Marinero.
-Also areound Copiaco we kill 2 Peru Gauchos, 1 28-Julio & 2 Canons.
-Argie Fusilero killed in the south.

November 1883
-1 Horse unit is lost in the north, while we kill Peru Gaucho & 28-Julio units.
-Argie Fusilero & Fuerte are killed near Santiago.
-Obus Pesada is lost near Puntarenas.

December 1883
-Second amphibious assault is launched on Antofagasta. Peru Canon, Misti, Gaucho & 2 28-Julio units are killed. We lose 1 Marinero & Santiago unit.
-We notice the Bolis have razed the Argie city of Salta to the ground!

This concludes the year 1883. The war will be over soon. Urgency begins, as we need to take over Antofagasta before Peace Treties are signes.

January 1884
-A third amphibious assault is launched on Antofagasta. This time it is a complete success. Garibaldi, 2 28-Julios & 2 Gauchos are killed. Antofagasta is captured again! :goodjob:

February 1884
-The war comes to an end.

In conclusion the 3 Argie wars were hell for me, since every Chilean city is basically on the front lines against the Argies. I could have made it easier by signing MPP’s with them like I did with Brasil, but as Chile that just wouldn’t feel right.

I rarely saw the Boli army during these 5 years, I suspect because they were busy with Brasil. I am surprised they held them off though.

Peru army was tough too, but their navy completely dissapeared after the first year and a half. I had free reign in the Pacific. I should have conducted more amphibious assaults, but the Argie wars kept me occupied building defensive units.

Other than the Mapuches which were destroyed the only other cites that were conquered was in Uruguay & Salta, Argentina which was razed. Very defensive scenario, once the Gatlins appear it’s impossible to attack without sufferting a lot of losses. Good scenario, will play again.

This scenario needs some polishing, but is fun & very playable. Nice work, Bathyskaff!

I just played a game as Brazil & won a Domination victory 15 Turns before time ran out. Chile got pounded & driven way back by the other AI, but they regained some ground at the end. The Mapuche got ganged up on by all the other AI & didn't stand a chance. AI diplomacy was very active. There were lots of MPPs & embargoes being signed between them.

Hi!This is the upgraded version of Guerra Pasifico!I tried to consider all comments - all cities correspond to the time;because of imperator1961' new works I put new British units,changed some other units,changed some flags like this one of mapuche

You still can download this on the first post of the thread :D

Why are you using the same pic for this and the Guerra del Paraguay scenarios?

Why are you using the same pic for this and the Guerra del Paraguay scenarios?
I do not quite understand the question :dunno: The same pics are because they are the same in both scenarios,and they are new in both scenarios (I noted this in my post).There are three or four versions of Mapuche leaderheads inside the scenario file,so if you don't like the same flags in Guerra Pacifico (for example) you can change it,so it will be different in contrast to Guerra del Paraguay ;)

You use
http://imageshack.us/a/img195/5933/95371746.jpg​
for both. The same screenshot for two different scenarios.

You use
http://imageshack.us/a/img195/5933/95371746.jpg​
for both. The same screenshot for two different scenarios.
Oh,no,not again!If it were me Wyrmshadow was, he would say that you're trying to troll :mad: You know perfectly well why I used the same preview!These are brotherly related scenarios,directly passing from one to another and even historically true that during this period flags of these states were the same!Please,stop!!!:nono:
I urge you to leave this topic and speak on the substance of questions about the scenario!!!!

I'm not trolling, I was just wondering at why one would include Araucania, or Peru, or Colombia, in the Paraguayan war.

I'm not trolling, I was just wondering at why one would include Araucania, or Peru, or Colombia, in the Paraguayan war.
So, you want to say that during the Paraguayan war in South America there were only four countries: Paraguay, Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay? :lol: Next to Paraguay at the time there were already all these 15 countries, if you do not know it :) I want to remind you that in the title of the scenario I wrote that this is the scenario about the Paraguayan War and The Chincha Islands War (Spanish-Peruvian War or Spanish-Chilean War).In Guerra Pacifico it was The conquest of Argentina and Chile the Mapuche land of Araucania and Patagonia. If I wanted to show only the Paraguayan war, or only Second Pacific War I would not take the map of whole of South America,'coz I'm not interested in making tactical scenarios where it all comes down to the capture of the cities.I believe that if the number of players is less than 7-9 game is not interesting.I even artificially increase the number of players (I "gave a chance" to Spain in Guerra Pacifico, although it did not exist at that time in South America ;)).
Therefore, I am sorry, I really do not understand what you are annoyed or not comfortable with my pics and with whole scenario.:dunno:

Top Bottom