Guess the Map V: A Map is Worth a Thousand Words

Is it something like UNESCO world heritage sites? The different colors being different types maybe? That's what Spain, USA, and China have a lot of, at least...
Don't think so, France would be of the same colour as Spain if it was the case.

No ;)

What kind of hint would you like? Should I give you the field or should I point you towards a anomaly/exception. If I give both, it will be pretty clear, probably.

EDIT: Repost of map with corrected colour scale for Myanmar/Thailand. Sorry again for that mess.

Attachments

• Ishallneveragainlookatfilenamestocheatinthegame_scale.png
    Ishallneveragainlookatfilenamestocheatinthegame_scale.png
    41 KB · Views: 213
There's two minor points as hints:

1) Sweden, Norway and Denmark are actually just one case, not three separate ones. [So in these three countries there's just one case of blue while the USA by itself for example has one case of blue, one case of red and one case of yellow]
2) I merged Hong Kong and China, Hong Kong would be yellow and main China would be purple.

@NiRv4n4 No, the positions do not have any meanings. It's really just Red, Blue and Yellow, and when both or all three are present, then the other colours are created. I could've also striped them, but I thought this way was funnier and more headscratching for the first viewing ;))

@jtb1127 Isn't everything History? But no, it's not political history, it's a rather contemporary thing, and it's changing.

@Southern King How Exports? I can't see how that would fit with the scale, so no ;)

@Akka Yes, you're right. Plus France may be another special case, together with the Netherlands, but I'm not quite sure how to classify that. (that's another hint...)

Does it have to do with the prescense of certain fast-food companies?

(Just a random guess considering it is changing and US and China have all three.)

This is the hardest one I've seen. I have no idea.

Is this somehow related to airlines and alliances?

(The Norway, Sweden and Denmark hint was the clincher)

edit:
Red is Skyteam, yellow is Oneworld and blue is Star Alliance.

I liked that map. Very clever.

Is this somehow related to airlines and alliances?

(The Norway, Sweden and Denmark hint was the clincher)

edit:
Red is Skyteam, yellow is Oneworld and blue is Star Alliance.

I liked that map. Very clever.

Congratulations! I thought a Scandinavian will get it with that hint. (for clarification, the SAS Airline is a joint corporation between the three countries and is member of Star Alliance). France/Netherlands is a bit tricky since both Air France and KLM are tied together somehow yet still keep their own brand).

What makes the whole map a bit tricky is that there are several really small airlines with 10 planes or so that make for example Spain or China brown. So it gets confusing. The list I used is from wikipedia where you can also see the many candidate airlines even for this year. I was afraid I had to change the map again if you take any longer guessing it ;)

Does it have to do with the prescense of certain fast-food companies?

(Just a random guess considering it is changing and US and China have all three.)

That's a good guess and would make a very interesting map. However it's the airline alliances. But if I may ask, what are the three big Fast Food Companies? McDonalds, Burger King and what?

I have a map in mind, but it takes a bit if work and I'm not sure how motivated I am. So if anyone wants to post a new map sooner, I won't get insulted.

That's a good guess and would make a very interesting map. However it's the airline alliances. But if I may ask, what are the three big Fast Food Companies? McDonalds, Burger King and what?

Depending on what you classify as fast food it would be Subway, McDonald's and Starbucks. Or McDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King.

Depending on what you classify as fast food it would be Subway, McDonald's and Starbucks. Or McDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King.

I was thinking something like KFC (big in China), Pizza Hut/Starbucks (couldn't decide but neither are true "fast" food companies, and Burger King/Wendy's (McDonalds would definately be in more countries than those listed). But I was on the right track when it came to companies I guess. :)

Here is a new map. Guess what it is!

Attachments

• Sorryimnotthatstupid.png
    Sorryimnotthatstupid.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 161
The countries that are mostly Muslim are all almost white, which is probably important.

Top Bottom