Guess the map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't bother to fill in all the little bits of France, but don't read into parts being coloured in and parts not. It's all of France. This one should be pretty quick, I think.

Might be a coincidence, but I'm noticing a few pairs. Australia/New Zealand, Argentina/Chile, UK/France
Norway is an odd one out of the reds, while Brazil is special for some other reason.

Suriname is also red for some reason, but not the Netherlands.

Something to do with rugby, maybe?

...Although, come to think of it, I can't think what Brazil has to do with rugby that Ireland and Italy are missing out on.

Suriname is also red for some reason, but not the Netherlands.

That's French Guiana, I just coloured it because, well, it's France.

Oh rats. I suck at geography. :D

Something to do with the government or it's laws it seems. He hinted at it being "all of France".

Is French Guiana still a "colony" of France?

Any hints?

Something to do with the government or it's laws it seems. He hinted at it being "all of France".

Is French Guiana still a "colony" of France?

No, it's to France what Hawaii is to the US. I was just trying to colour in all of France like I would have tried to colour in Hawaii if the US were included in the map.

Any hints?

Well, I'm kinda hard pressed to give a hint that wouldn't give the answer away within a post. I'll give something cryptic for now, and will give a more obvious hint if no one guesses correctly when I check this thread when I wake up.

Brazil's inclusion would be along the lines of unofficial policy. The red countries are included because of official policy. The countries in grey have a policy directly counter to red or have no policy at all.

Russia and US probably have some, no?

Edit: after checking, no they don't, and the red countries are the one with territories in antartica.

And Brazil in orange because of the zone of interest, not an official claim.

Russia and USA have only reserved right to make a claim, same for South Africa, Spain and Peru

Antarctic claims.

Russia and US probably have some, no?

Edit: after checking, no they don't, and the red countries are the one with territories in antartica.

And Brazil in orange because of the zone of interest, not an official claim.

Russia and USA have only reserved right to make a claim, same for South Africa, Spain and Peru

Bingo.

Nepal and Jordan... er, extremes of elevation of each continent? If I got it, feel free to go again. I cheated and looked up Djibouti's geography.

Countries with the letter j in them, I think. Bad timing to have Djibouti (right after it was in the last map) with countries starting with J. Maybe.

Nepal and Jordan... er, extremes of elevation of each continent? If I got it, feel free to go again. I cheated and looked up Djibouti's geography.

Although that depends on how you define the Continent of Australia/Oceania.

If that map isn't meant to be countries with "J" in that is an extrodinary coincidence

here's a fun one of mine

Attachments

• No_colonies_blank_world_map.png
    No_colonies_blank_world_map.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 349
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom