GuideNES: The First Step for Lurkers and Newbies!

Nation Name: Kiev
Nation Location: Russia
Capital: Moscow
Ruler: (Emperor Joseph // Stuck in Pi)
Government: Pretty much a despotism with absolute control over its citizens.
Economy: (Nascent) +1
Army:
Army Description:
Navy:
Navy Description:
Culture: Early Pagan gods, some Greek influences, culture respects horses and those who ride
Technology:
Projects:
Nation Background: In the beginning, the Earth was without form. And void. But the sun shown upon the sleaping Earth, and soon, man walked. An early group of settlers banded together and decided to settle in some profitable areas with good crops, and hoped to stand the test of time.

Also, I don't necessarily need an advisor.

I would like to join in as a viking nation. (or pre-viking)
I'm not a newby anymore, but i'm also not an advisor.
So I'll join in as a normal player if possible.

Although I always want to help if needed ;-)

Thats cool, please just fill in the template...

But, i'd just say, as per Jo's warning, I'm not sure if much was going on in the North for the vikings in 1000BC (Wiki says they don't exhist til about 800AD). I'll ensure you have enough NPC's to play with though :evil:

Well, if you ever need more advisors I can help, although there are certainly more qualified people out there. I could also join normally if you don't have enough nations to run a reasonable NES, but otherwise I'll leave it for others to learn in, as 'playing nice' is not a talent I have developed.

Thats cool, please just fill in the template...

But, i'd just say, as per Jo's warning, I'm not sure if much was going on in the North for the vikings in 1000BC (Wiki says they don't exhist til about 800AD). I'll ensure you have enough NPC's to play with though :evil:

If you want to keep it realistic, i'll join in as an other nation ;-)

Well, if you ever need more advisors I can help, although there are certainly more qualified people out there. I could also join normally if you don't have enough nations to run a reasonable NES, but otherwise I'll leave it for others to learn in, as 'playing nice' is not a talent I have developed.

I'll put you on standby as an Advisor, the more the merrier! :)

Oh, an we will provide enough NPC's. An since I'm running them, I'll match their level to the nation they are against :evil:

The only rule for experienced NESers is not to pick on the Newbie nations. :)

An please, do join ~> I'll have to run ~20+ NPC's otherwise!

(You start near another Newbie, and i'll create 4 or 5 NPC's for you to try and unite/conqour etc in alliance with the newbie?)

Oh, there are humans there, you can have a nation. Its just that Joesf will make it realistic.. so I think you might be just scratching the dirt for a few hundred years if you start out up there.. also your certain to be isolated from other PC's for a very long time!

I don't know who or where to suggest exactly, but I would try an set yourself up so that you would be able to interact with the med, or nations connected to the med in not to long. (Perhaps play as nasty germanic tribe?)

I'm joining. :)

Nation Name: Patras
Nation Location: Northern Peloponnesus peninsula
Capital: Patras
Ruler: Leolopulis //Sparrow55
Advisor:
Goverment: Tyranny. The power is in hands of one ruler.
Economy: (Nascent) +1
Army:
Army Description:
Navy:
Navy Description:
Culture: Greek culture, own polytheism in which God Of War stands most high.
Technology:
Projects:
Nation Background: Peloponnesus peninsula was once land of many city-states who were more interested in trade and wealth.
But in the north of peninsula a new city was born. Name of the city was Patras. Patras was ruled by military rulers who
understood that power is obtained through conquest. Patras quickly conquered nearby city-states. Cities in the south
started to mobilize and ally with themselves to counter Patrasian threat.
Patrasian have own gods, of which most influental is God of War - Ares.

An please, do join ~> I'll have to run ~20+ NPC's otherwise!

Well, since its a good cause and shouldn't take much time, I'll scrounge up some time and create something interesting soon enough.

Oh, there are humans there, you can have a nation. Its just that Joesf will make it realistic.. so I think you might be just scratching the dirt for a few hundred years if you start out up there.. also your certain to be isolated from other PC's for a very long time!

I don't know who or where to suggest exactly, but I would try an set yourself up so that you would be able to interact with the med, or nations connected to the med in not to long. (Perhaps play as nasty germanic tribe?)
How about Scythians? They'd be horse-loving wild wanderers but closer to the civilised world.

I guess I will start near Stuck in Pi. It's been a long time since I last played in the Russian area, though it seems the Scythians are already claimed.

@ Sparrow ~ Do you want an Advisor?

@Fuscia ~ Thankjoo :king:

@Lucky ~ Cool :)

Would Troy be a suitable concept, or have they already been destroyed during the Trojan War in this NES? Just to make it easier, historically the war was anywhere from 100 to 300 years before the start of this NES at 1000 B.C.E.

That is, the start is 1000 B.C.E., not the supposed date of the war. Seems ambiguous without the disclaimer.

There were a lot of Troys in different times and some suggest that the Trojan War was actually in the Baltic :)p) so I guess it is acceptable.

Would like to.

No problemo buddy. You will have das (http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?u=1000)
He is an awesome and he offered to help.

Just drop him a PM saying hello!

Would Troy be a suitable concept, or have they already been destroyed during the Trojan War in this NES? Just to make it easier, historically the war was anywhere from 100 to 300 years before the start of this NES at 1000 B.C.E.

That is, the start is 1000 B.C.E., not the supposed date of the war. Seems ambiguous without the disclaimer.

I'd not like to say with certainty, but I can't see why that would be a problem. :)

There were a lot of Troys in different times and some suggest that the Trojan War was actually in the Baltic () so I guess it is acceptable.

Adhering to traditional history, though, the city of Troy was destroyed during the Trojan War and no city existed in that location until Illium during the time of the Roman Empire. Because 1000 B.C.E. is between the Trojan War and the foundation of Illium, it would depend entirely on the Mod whether or not I am allowed to have a nation called Troy there.

Regardless, I can always come up with some other name for my nation if this one is denied. :p

I'd not like to say with certainty, but I can't see why that would be a problem.

I'll come up with the nation then, and Josef can deny me later if he so wishes.

Well, you can always (as you said) change the name of the city, and it would be fine as that.

I would be interested joining as a Coastal Celtiberian nation...Do I need an advisor?

Nation Background: In the beginning, the Earth was without form. And void. But the sun shown upon the sleeping Earth, and soon, man walked. An early group of settlers banded together and decided to settle in some profitable areas with good crops, and hoped to stand the test of time.

Welcome Mr Pi, can we please have a more detailed and personal description. This doesnt tell us anything much about your nation in particular. Give me some Flavor! :cool:

Top Bottom