GuideNES: The First Step for Lurkers and Newbies!

@qoou: I meant North America and the excessive human sacrifices by the Aztecs. Not Teotihuacan by itself.

You do know that there's no way I can argue if there's nothing to argue against, right? :( Oh dude, I totally forgot about the Rome vs. Han thread: that'll be fun...

@Abby: So is my reservation for the only civ in the Americas still valid? (Please say yes?)

Nation Name: Nord Celtia (Flemish Celts)
Nation Location: Flanders: North-eastern France and North western Holland and Netherlands
Capital: Yepps
Ruler: (Pespian Family // Charles Li)
Government: ( Burocratic Election
Families elect a leader... but usually the Pespian are the most logical and wealthest. They are accepted for centuries. They are elected for live and may be 'Sargarnated';))
Economy: (Nascent) +1
Army: (Leave blank)
Army Description: (Leave blank)
Navy: (Leave blank)
Navy Description: (Leave blank)
Culture: Northern Celts that speak Flemish. Mostly Sheep Herders and community weavers.
Technology: (Leave blank)
Projects: (Leave blank)
Nation Background:
The Celts that arrived in Flanders are more thrifly than their fellows. They herded sheep, made high quality, although low amounts, of cloth and sells it to other nations... no matter how far away.

They believe in Hagna, God of the Sea, who has most of the land under water, Currantly it is not wanted but Dikes have reclaimed a small amount of farmland.

They usually are concerned with internal affairs and not in war.

They think this discription is enough.
They think that I should be a couquerable PC for others to beat up and to me to revive.

@qoou: I wasn't inviting argument, I was giving a challenge. :p Reshape the whole American continent to something less... American. I think more players in the Americas would be better after the establishment of a cultural revolution there.

@ Qoou ~ No, again No! :p You HAVE to be able to fit on the Europe map!

@ Charles~ you can play if you resist repeatedly posting OOC rants.

Simply saying "OOC- bla bla bla!" does not make it any less annoying. So don't go on about Alex getting your bows, or wanting to Nuke other nations. Only talk as if your leaders would via sensible diplomacy please.

An how would you learn anything from that?

*cough*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teotihuacan*cough*

Fine! I'll just make my own NES, where I'll be the only player and eventually take over the whole world! :mad:

OOC: Yes, I am hyper right now (and also pretty bored)...

Aztecs in Europe? Sorry, no dice. Take a nice empire in the far east and mold it to your whim; it could come out with some Aztec-esq features. I hear they are using bronze in the middle east these days ;).

Aztecs in Europe? Sorry, no dice. Take a nice empire in the far east and mold it to your whim; it could come out with some Aztec-esq features. I hear they are using bronze in the middle east these days ;).

I'm kind of tired, but:
- Where'd you get Aztecs from? Teotihuacanos are a very different people.
- I never meant to start them out in Europe.

K, let's stop this discussion since it's spamming up the thread?

Nation Name: Celtiberian Kingdom of Okilis
Nation Location: Meseta Central of northern Hispania
Capital: Okilis (OTL's Medinaceli)
Ruler: (Ruler Name // Player Name) Military Chief Viriato / Flavius Aetius
Government: Military Aristocracy, where the best military chiefs have the power and control the nation. The military chiefs are organized in a Military Council, where the best Military chief retain the biggest power.
Economy: (Nascent) +1
Army: (Leave blank)
Army Description: (Leave blank)
Navy: (Leave blank)
Navy Description: (Leave blank)
Culture: Celtiberians have a modified version of Celtic culture, influenced by native Iberian elements. The language is quietly different from original Celtic one.
Technology: (Leave blank)
Projects: (Leave blank)
Nation Background: Celtiberians are a branch of Celtic people, coming from Gaul during the 12th century AC. When they arrived, they quicly integrated with Iberian pepole in the area, creating an unique culture. The Celtiberians are present in nearly all Hiberia, from the Pyrenees to Lusitania, from OTL's Basque Country to Cadiz. The Arevaci, who formed the Celtiberian Kingdom of Okilis, live in the North-Central part of the peninsula, and are the most powerful and influent tribe in the region. the Arevaci are transhumant cattle-raising pastoralists protected by a warrior elite, similar to those in other areas of Atlantic Europe, centered in the hill-forts, locally termed Castros, that controlled small grazing territories. Also they are master of Metalwoking, as beautiful and big weapons are used by the Military elites to show their power.

Nation Name: Skara Brae
Capital: Skara Brae
Ruler: King Thomas III// thomas.berubeg
Advisor: None, will take one if there is one, but not really necessary
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Economy: (Growing) 2
Army:
Army Description:
Navy:
Navy Description:
Culture: Proto-Celtic (urnfield)
Technology: Late Bronze Age
Confidence:
Projects:
Nation Background: Skara Brae was founded in time immemorial, and people had inhabited it since, weathering, or absorbing, both enemy invasion and the vagaries of the sea. Many times had there been proposals for abandoning it to the slowly encroaching seas, but never had it been done, though in times long past there had been a migration that had left Skara Brae almost empty. but it had survived, and through the long generations since, it had prospered, becoming a center of trade and culture in the north sea. Ships sailed in from the south, the east, and the west, making Skara Brae an essential hub of commerce.

To this prosperity, people had lond been attracted. Migrations from the south had often revitalized Skara Brae, and the kingdom that sourrounded, it when stagnation threatened.

Not all of the immigrants from the south had wanted peaceful living with the natives. some had come for immediate profit. most of these had been thrown back, but a barbarien Cheiftan from the South, Thomas, had conquered, and, rather than razing and burning as most barbariens would have, established himself as king. His rule was wise and Benevolent, as he easily shed the brutal trappings of his earlier life, and his son, King Thomas II ruled in kind. When Thomas II died in his bed, his son Thomas III came to the throne. His rule thus far has not been marked, for either good or bad...

Just a tad late Thomas and FA, so I won't have your stats up till tonight. This is the rare day where Joe actually has crap to do, so I probably won't be available for a couple hours. Still, feel free to PM me with any questions, and I'll answer them when I get the chance.

I'll join as an adviser if anyone would like :)

JosephStalinator: I changed my backround some. See page 4 for details.

Also, see RfMK III for a decent European map. Just erase names and RfMK borders, and you have a blank Europe map. And FYI, I'm the Russians there.

Cheers Nk, i'll add you to the list. You will be in reserve til more new people join.

Don't let Nuke be your adviser unless you wish to be advised in some strange Martian language.

Haven't read a single post because its late and I'm going to bed, but I was asked to confirm my offer of assistance in whatever capacity is needed, and I am doing so. So there. Lemme know what ya need, Abby.

Don't let Nuke be your adviser unless you wish to be advised in some strange Martian language.

Shut up LightFang :p

Both of you ~ please don't spam up this thread. Josef and myself assign the Advisors

Haven't read a single post because its late and I'm going to bed, but I was asked to confirm my offer of assistance in whatever capacity is needed, and I am doing so. So there. Lemme know what ya need, Abby.

Thankyou very much LB ~ we have had quite a few newbie nations sign up feeling pretty confident so not needing a specific Advisor, but we hope to get some more so your on the list of those who have offered. On top of that however, it would be very useful if you could play a nation within this NES and lead by example regards diplo/good playing techniques etc :D

Bah, bloody internet went out last night; I'll have the rest of you in stats shortly, and maybe even start on update 0. No orders are needed; I basically place you on the map and give you stats. Your nation's backgrounds serve as your "orders" for the most part.

On top of that however, it would be very useful if you could play a nation within this NES and lead by example regards diplo/good playing techniques etc :D

Righto, I can do that. Will try to read through and have something up tonight, but no promises for the next couple days because of workload.

Top Bottom