Haj01 - World Domination?

Just one thing I thought of, btw, Sour - You and I go back to back, regardless.

If I went, Stoo goes, then you go, and I go again - we go back to back.

If I went, you went, Stoo went...then we still go back to back.

We haven't heard anything from ProZak, and CivBattle won't be back untill mid to late Sunday ;). Only 3 players atm.

right guys im gonna go on the next 10 - I was hoping i'd get this round so that we can have a more experienced play (sour) to start the war itself! i'll post the save back in an hour!

Ere we are:
Turn 1 - akkad makes walls - set to barracks, babylon make bowman set bowman, uruk - bowman to bowman, nippur - bowman set barracks, zariqum bowman - set barracks.

Turn 2 - shurrupa bow set barracks, babylon bow set bow, sippar walls set bow, zulu get TOA, made contact with greece.

Turn 3 - ellipi spear set bow, samarra bow set bow, izibia bow, set worker, spanish get SOZ, sippar bow changed to barracks, eulbar changed from worker to temple in 11 turns! put bow from babylon in nineveh (viking archer retreats towards ellipi.

Turn 4 - iroquois establish embassy in babylon, we get monarchy set research to feudalism - begin revolution straight away! troops reach sippar - move them to hills on viking border. 3 at mo, 2 more on the way.

Turn 5 - order restored, set govt to monarchy, spotted a viking sword (damn it!)

Turn 6 - Iroqois demand engineering (i cave) nineveh makes harb set to Fpalace to prebuild for LWS or STAOW, ashur and uruk bow set bow, eridu barracks set spear.

Turn 7 - we get republic, babylon bow set bow.

Turn 8 - we get feudal from glib, set to invention.babylon, samarra and ellipi bow set bow

Turn 9 - bab, ashur and uruk build bow, set bow, nearly everyone starts STAOW.

Turn 10 - izibia builds worker, set to worker, bab builds bow - set to bow. 7 bows waiting on viking border, 5 more bows only 1 or 2 squares away - plenty being produced regular!

and 'ere is the pic:

Attachments

• empire.jpg
    empire.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 101
we are well and truly set for war whenever we want to start. we're producing bowmen at such a rate that we could goto war, lose all our units and still be fine!! I would like to get another settler sorted and take that grassland to the very north, the extra city isnt gonna do any harm. we should also move a lot of our workers up there. if we can get a road to the celts, we can keep them happy by trading them our excess spices, plus it keeps our workers out of the vikings way for the duration of war. We have to hit them hard and quickly now, we arent far from invention which makes me think the vikings arnt going to be far behind?! also, with those viking units near our border to the south, it might be worth placing a few units in the mountains to deal with them if they get frisky! also, i set a temple in eulbar to expand the border for the iron. i know you said to get another city to do it, but we would have to wait for 2 expasions from that city, whereas eulbar will get it 10 turns afetr the temple is built. It is still 1 turn away from production though if we decide to change it to something else. The vikings obviously have a connected iron resource, so if we take that then we dont need our own so badly! we dont want to spend to much time building more troops before we start war - we should be doing it as soon as poss with our bows!!!!!

17.30(5.30PM turned the time back one hour Sat-Sun at 02.00AM to 01.00AM winter time ) here now I'm taking my father to the airport.. I'll be back in an hour... haven't had time to look at what's happened while my pop's been visiting... who's next Sour or me?,
If it's me I want some input were I should attack and so on...

welcome back civbattle (hope time with the folks wasn't too painful!) ;) If you read over sour's suggestions for our war on pg5 of this thread you should have some ideas. I think sour wanted to go next but i think its a freeforall at the moment. i guess its just whoever gets there 1st. i think the main idea is to take out reykjavik, send a few troops south and concentrate the bulk on driving west towards what should be their capital! We have some good opportunities with regards to the terrain - make sure those vikings go for suicide runs against our bowmen on those mountains, and we should be able to ease our way to victory in this war!

Nice! SourBoy first :) , then I'll go after him.. Then I can either clean up or start preparing for our next war. :lol:

It's been a few month since I meet him. We live 700km (440Miles) (1.6km is 1mile) appart. And we get each other if we're staying in the same house to long! He's a religious man... :eek: Everything went nicely... smooth baby!!! :p

good stuff - thats a fair distance though - i bet its a nightmare at christmas and birthdays though!!! I went to norway earlier this year and its a staggeringly beautiful place. I would love to go to tromso next year (all those mountains and snow!)!! but its kind of expensive - i should probably wait until I have a better job!

Anyway - there's nothing like being prepared, so i'd like to nominate the iroquois for the next lucky bunnies!! They demanded engineering from me so i'm a little pissed. The celts are the only other option for our next war which is a bad idea at the moment! The wealth of troops should allow us to continue our troop movements right through the vikings and towards the iroquois before we will need to stop, regroup and upgrade! Any comments?

Looks like you guys want me to make the next move, so I'll take a look at it now and post in a while. As far as turn order, I just didn't want myself & Haj to go 3 straight turns (ending one round, and starting the next). It makes more sense to try to go experienced-newer-exp-new, then to go all exp-all new - especially in a time of war. Later in the game it may not matter, but for those in all-out training - this is the period of adjustment.

Anyway, you have a chance to take a turn, go ahead. Always good to keep the ball rolling - and we talk about each sequence before the turn, so you should have an idea of what we want accomplished (hopefully).

Side note while I make the turns - where is everyone from? Time Zone is the main idea, but I've noticed strange posting times, so I'm guessing some European players? I'm in the central US, GMT-6.

im from the UK... er - GMT (but up until tomorrow i have been unemployed since i finished uni 3 months ago, so i've been playing civ and posting at really odd times and eating breakfast at 1am!!) I went to study in florence for a while after uni, but i still dont want to get into a dead end career, morgage, kids, car, pension, die old and poor routine!! : so instead i pretend i am a world leader with a nuclear arsenal and just generally try not to be too normal!

GMT +1 (Norway) but as of yesterday we turned the the time back one hour to winter time. My lectures start late at 12.00 and 14.00 so I'm up at all different hour...

Current Empire:

Turn Summary:
1250 BC - Prior to taking turns: micro-managed cities; changed Babylon production to Temple; redirected Bowmen to quicker attack spot and redirected workers to Iron & road behind front lines; Ellipi changed to Spearman.

1225 BC - Ellipi, Eridu spawns Spearman, set to Worker. Akkad completes Barracks, set to Bowman. Samarra spawns Bowman, set to Spearman. Eulbar completes Temple, set to Spearman. Nippur completes Barracks, set to Spearman.

1200 BC - Babylon completes Temple, set to Spearman. Ashur, Uruk spawn Bowman, set to Bowman. Shuruppak completes Barracks, set to Spearman. Sippar completes Barracks, set to Bowman.

1175 BC - Babylon spawned Spearman, set to Spearman. Ellipi spawned Worker, set to Bowman.

War: Declared War on Scandinavia! 1 Viking unit killed in skirmishes, 0 casualties - started Golden Age! Curragh sunk Barbarian Galley.

1150 BC - Babylon, Samarra, Uruk spawned Spearman, set to Spearman. Ashur spawned Bowman, set to Bowman. Akkad spawned Bowman, set to Spearman. Eridu spawned Worker, set to Spearman. Nippur, Shuruppak spawned Spearman, set to Bowman. Izibia spawned Worker, set to Barracks.

War: 2 Viking units killed in skirmishes, 0 casualties, 2 enslaved workers. Conquered Reykjavik, 2 Resistors, 1 Bowman casualty, Iron source captured & available for local use, Reykjavik renamed to Javik, set to Barracks.

1125 BC - Babylon, Eulbar spawned Spearman, set to Spearman. Ellipi, Sippar spawned Spearman, set to Bowman. Eulbar expands Cultural area, Iron available for local use.

War: 3 Viking units killed in skirmishes, 0 casualties, 2 enslaved workers. Conquered Bergen, 1 Resistor, 3 Bowman casualties, set to Barracks.

1100 BC - Iron available Nationally! Resistance in Javik over. Babylon, Samarra, Uruk spawned Spearman, set to Medieval Infantry. Ashur spawned Bowman, set to Pikeman. Akkad spawned Spearman, set to Pikeman. Shuruppak spawned Bowman, set to Medieval Infantry. Nippur spawned Spearman, set to Worker. All cities producing Spearman, reset to Pikeman.

War: 3 Viking units killed in skirmishes, 1 Bowman casualty. Conquered Birka, 3 Resistors, 1 Bowman casualty, set to Barracks.

1075 BC - Resistance in Bergen over. Babylon spawned Medieval Infantry, set to Medieval Infantry. Nippur spawned Worker, set to Medieval Infantry. Eridu reset to Temple, Workers chopping forest.

War: 3 Viking units killed in skirmishes, 2 Bowmen casualties.

1050 BC - Monotheism learned via Great Library. Babylon spawned Medieval Infantry, set to Medieval Infantry. Ashur spawned Pikeman, set to Pikeman. Zariqum completed Barracks, set to Temple, Workers chopping forest.

War: 2 Viking units killed in skirmishes, 0 casualties.

1025 BC - Invention learned, set research to Gunpowder. Babylon, Ellipi, Samarra, Shuruppak, Uruk spawned Medieval Infantry, set to Medieval Infantry. Akkad, Sippar spawned Pikeman, set to Pikeman. Eridu completed Temple, set to Pikeman.

War: 1 Viking unit killed in skirmishes, 0 casualties.

1000 BC - Resistance in Birka over. Babylon, Nippur spawned Medieval Infantry, set to Medieval Infantry. Ashur, Eulbar spawned Pikeman, set to Pikeman. Zariqum completes Temple, set to Pikeman. Iroquois begin Leo's Workshop!

War: 3 Viking units killed in skirmishes, 1 Bowman casualty.

Next Turn: See War map below for suggested attack. Troops ready to move on next turn.

Prepared War Strategy:

Saved Game for Next Player

3 Cities conquered, 18 enemy units killed outside sieges, about 10 total casualties. Very nice turns. I think that was the best 10 turns I've ever had. Those Bowmen were walking on water.

I listed the next intended attack in the previous post, but beyond that - I would suggest seeking peace soon. The newly conquered cities are not in resistance, but the corruption isn't very good. The Northern cities are starting to bloom nicely (took Stoo's advice on working them some). The rest of the workers are building roads for reinforcements to the front lines. Iroquois seem pretty even with us in techs, but I did not work diplomacy to verify. Scandinavia had the same number of cities at the start of the war (14), so the current tally is 17 to 11. Also, the Vikings had 2 Iron sources, 1 connected upon the start of the war. We now control both (how lucky is that?). Not likely they have another one nearby. If we continue warring with them, I believe we can take them out rather easily and quickly - but we may need to pop a few Temples to keep our people happy. One of the two cities ready to be sieged has a luxury resource I was after, so that could help too. I also just moved 4 workers onto a jungle tile in the North, ready to build a road on the Tropical Fruit located there (this would be #2 for trading with Celts?). Oh, and Celts founded the Northern grasslands that Stoo wanted, but they border an active volcano. Most cities have spearmen/pikeman now & roads connect all. Nineveh is about 12 turns from Leo's WS, so may want to focus on knocking that out as part of the next 10 turns.

Sour: You may get your wish if the Vikings get their UU. That signifies the end of the war, period ;).

Overall, however, I wouldn't consider negotiating peace with the Vikings untill we have all cities of theirs that have anything - luxury or resource - that we'd remotely want. Even if the cities "suck" based on corruption, it is better then letting the Vikings have cities to build with ;).

Plus, they are free cities :p.

I've just started playing now after dinner... I just started the attack on Copenhagen and Arhus. After 3rd win, a Elite Bowman killed a Spear that got us a leader Agum. :D
Ironquois just started Leo's WS in Oil Springs. Shall I make our first army or finish Leo's...
I really want an Army with MDI... ;) it will really help us finish the vikings off...
A vote please.. I vote for an Army :D as long as we get Leo's WS...

I as just one question why haven't anyone made an Aquaduct in Nineveh? :sad: It our wonder building town... we need it big and strong!!

@Stoo

Tropicfruit and tobacco is just as cow or wheat a bonus resource.
With a leader u can rush a great wonder or small wonder

Top Bottom