1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Hall of Fame...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Tech Osen, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Staal

Staal Warlord

@Victoria How many hours have you clocked on Civ 5/6?

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

There are people that have done a lot more than me.
    My stats say 2600 civ V and 5600 civ VI. I do not leave it on overnight or anything like that and it is closed down by others if left on but it is still not accurate.
    Today I am working but I work from home. I have played 3 hours and it is 2PM. Tonight I will probably play 4-5.
    I would say that I have not played VI as much as I played Colonization.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  3. Icicle

Icicle Prince

I'm slowly working on filling it up. Got every victory except Diplomacy (score I had to turn all the others off for).

4. BTSeven7

BTSeven7 Chieftain

I think I am halfway with a mix of emperor, immortal (x2) and diety (x2) but now I am entirely on emperor. I just can’t be bothered with anything but culture or science victory on Diety. I got diplomatic and religious on emperor, large map standard speed.

Between hotels and flights I have plenty of time to play on the laptop as long as there is an outlet near by.

5. Staal

Staal Warlord

@Victoria Haha and if I clock 1,000 I feel it is a lot!

Victoria likes this.
  6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Trying to tackle my least favorite leader/civ: Alexander (not a fan of one trick ponies). Three starts in a row with no iron and no horses within reach... :mad:

7. Jkchart

Jkchart King

I don't have score either. Basically impossible to get.

By my own tracker (as opposed to the HOF since I only have a few in there, my older games were on an old laptop I no longer use), I have
    -Culture: Nubia, Russia, America, Spain, France (Catherine), Greece (Gorgo), England (Eleanor), Sweden, Inca, for a total of 9 wins
    -Science: Australia, Scotland, Netherlands, Sumeria, Germany, China, Mongolia, Korea, for a total of 8 wins
    -Diplomacy: Phoenicia, Hungary, Rome, Norway, 4 wins
    -Religion: Khmer, Cree, Egypt, 3 wins
    -Domination: Macedon, 1 lonely win

That also tells you exactly how I play XD

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

My only Dom victory in the HoF was with Ottomans. I only have a few others from before the HoF, notably Macedon, Mongols, Zulus, and Aztecs. I set up online duel maps just to get the achievements. I hate Dom games. Probably because I play marathon huge maps and dom Victories (and religious Victories too) become tediously boring against that many civs over that length of time.

Now that I have a handle on the diplo victory changes from the last patch, I've been getting more of those than my old favorite, culture victory. It's not hard to beeline 2-3 wonders, get a few Suzerainties and Alliances, and predict/invest WC resolutions. Luck out with a few aid emergencies and I can wrap up a diplo victory in the early Industrial.

Red_warning and Jkchart like this.
  9. Jkchart

Jkchart King

To me dom games are just boring - I'd rather build than destroy.

Bosque, Red_warning and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  10. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

I'm an achievement hunter myself and it can be a bit of a pain sometimes, I'd like to play some civs more just because I enjoy them more or just want to perfect my playstyle around them, but it feels like a waste from an achievement gathering perspective :p

Soon I'll just have domination civs left though since I don't really like too much military focus in my games, at which point I'll probably replay old favourites again.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Finally got a Norway game I think I'll finish. I had started a couple after the patch that buffed raiding, but never finished them. I was unhappy with the maps, they just weren't interesting to me. I got a good map now with island plates and high sea levels. I just can't get anything decent with archipelago maps. Should soon have Harald lit up.

12. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Warlord

Honestly, this comment I find a disservice to all of us.

Yes it would be better to have this feature at day one. But is better to have it than not.

To critisize the developers for adding to the game something that we like, is not only pure nonesense. You are actively saying in our name that we dont want more features in the game, that we feel ofended when more features are added to the game.

Please, dont speak in my name or in the name of any other player. If you dont want the developers to improve the game; you have the right to. But dont claim that we, as players, feel betrayed when the developers improve the game, is frankly an oversensitive harmfull reaction than helps no one.

Staal likes this.
  13. Leucarum

Leucarum Prince

Originally I wanted to get a victory with every civ but there are some civs I just have 0 interest in playing, and lately I've found domination/religious victories too dull to play through often.

I don't know if I'll ever have a score victory...

Staal likes this.
  14. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I wonder what the implications are for the AI if I turn every other victory option off. Is it "aware", does it change the way it will play or will it do what it always does.

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I forgot about the tabs for winning each victory type, but that's because I've had them all filled out for a while. I used the Khmer for a 500 turn score victory. I wanted to try to build up huge cities. Don't think they got all that big though, I'd have to load to check it.

Science victory I got 9 times, Cultural victory I got 8 times, Diplomatic Victory I got 3 times, Religious Victory I got 3 times, Domination Victory I got 3 times, and 1 Score victory (500 turns).

16. tedhebert

tedhebert King

I still have to play/win with 14 out of the 46 leaders...(42 civs 4 multi leaders), I intend to play them all, but since I also play huge maps it's long... plus I've been playing more AC:Odyssey and ONI lately...

Got unlucky once with Gilga where somehow my saves got corrupted after 250 something turns, so I don't have a win for him ;-(

Got every kind of wins except Score for all three HOF main screens (not a big fan of scenarios)

breakdown of wins: Culture 8, dom 5, rel 5, science 13, dip 1... Tough I must say I forced myself to play civ strengths for the 5 rel wins

Will probably once turn off all victory conditions to get a score one... Still have to decide which civ I'll take for that and what goals I,ll fix myself. Probably a huge cities game.

Civs left for me are pretty much civs that don't appeal much to me, so I might go small maps for those to make the games faster.

Leaders to still get: Kristina, Tamar, Lautaro, Chandragupta, Jadwiga, Victoria, Teddy, Qin, Phillip II, Gorgo, Gilga, Ghandi, Catherine and Genghis.

17. Bosque

Bosque Warlord

I had all of the wins except score. So I started a duel map game in the Information Era, with all other victory conditions turned off. It didn't take as long that way. I will definitely never try for another score victory. The vast majority of my wins have been Cultural.

18. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Just set max turns to 50?

Bosque and tedhebert like this.
  19. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Like a few of you, I'd really like to get an entry for all civs. Those left don't appeal to me at all though (I'm waiting to play England again, but I can't be bothered until the RND is fixed). I've played into the midgame with Mali and dropped it (I usually finish my games if I've commited that much to it). Started several games with the Mapuche but quit early. Never finished a game with the Aztecs either. Can't remember if I've played Alex once, but don't want to do it again.

And why would I play Tomyris when I can eat dirt. The conflict between my desires to have fun and complete is strong. Writing this post made me relate to Darth Vader. It's tough.

Edit: And oh. I've launched several nuclear missiles. It's great fun. Is the HoF only counting ones that has been launched from a silo? I typically launch from nuclear subs or stealth bombers.

Attached Files:

20. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Managed to get up to 24 out of 46 after completing Tamar and Hojo games. Tamar isn't the most interesting civ, but I ended up with a pretty high score despite a lackluster start. Getting more diplomatic favor with suzerain of city-states gives you something to shoot for. Tried for diplo victory, would have got it with climate accords had I not got a culture victory first (culture was my backup). Unfortunately I do plan on playing wow classic tomorrow, so it may be a while before I play a civ game.

ha, that's how I feel about Tomyris. I've enjoyed my Alex games, but I haven't been in the mood to play him in a while. When I do get around to it, it will be with a science focus, not a domination focus.

left to do: Alex, Amanitore, Catherine de Medici, Chandragupta, Cyrus, Genghis Khan, Giglamesh (never been a fan of this civ), Gitarja, Gorgo, Jadwiga, John Curtin, Lautaro, Montezuma, Mvemba, Pedro, Pericles, Peter, Poundmaker, Robert the Bruce, Seondeok, Tomyris, and Trajan. Eventually I'll get them all.

local_hero likes this.