Hand Drawn Graphics

Don’t rush, we will love it just as much if it comes out in a month as if it came out tomorrow. Probably more in fact, if it’s better quality ;).

[EDIT- What he said]

Originally posted by Bane Star
Intentional, The graphic is limited to the Isometric diamond, which cuts off at the pixel of the top of the diamond, so any 'skull' wouldn't fit in the graphic,

P.s. The city might look great as a seperate graphic, but In game it looks TERRIBLE, Too Busy at the moment.... I'm going to edit/simplify some busy graphics, Get rid of the chunky roads and replace with a 'dotted' line with little villages at the crossroads.

Still got those pesky coastal tiles to do too...

It all looks excellent except the borders I think if you changed everything else but left the borders as is it would be excellent

I think it would look great with Smoking Mirrors new city graphics.

SHOW ME THE GRAPHICS!
So where would I find these city grahics by smoking mirror?

p.s. I'm going to release... (is that the right word) my graphics as a set, the parchment&Ink as you see now, and then the hand coloured also, I'm coloring in the hand drawn (after scanning in B&W) and second scanning, While the graphics look great in a 'blank world' when you get all the roads, irrigations and mines, cities and units on the map, it gets WAY too busy, and your eyes start to hurt (mine do) so the coloured version is a bit better for longer term play... Also I have 5 sets of 'boarders' now, so you can choose the type you like. I'll save the Original Borders as Territorybk.pcx, and add TerritorySkl.pcx ...Spk, ...Shd, ...Shw & ...Flg into the folder, you can delete the end letters and use the ones you want. Skull, Spike, Shield, Shadow or Flag.
30 more terrains done today, I'll have this done by the end of July.

In the thread named "New city graphics; middle ages/fantasy" it is in the graphics forum. Sorry I dont know how to post a link to it.

Does anyone know if there's a "cartoon" button in PSP? I was trying to see how a cartoonish unit would look to go w/this modpack, but everything I did didn't work.

Also, does someone know why you can't add effects to an opened PCX document in PSP? Is it because of the color limitations? If I could, that would be very usefull to re-making the units.

O, and before anyone says anything about copyright issues, just don't do the PTW units! The only way to use the origonal units is if you have the origonal game, so you're not getting anything new out of it. There shouldn't be a problem. Same kinda thing w/the M-Units would apply here.

Yup, you need to increase the color depth before you can add effects and likes, computerdude. However, decreasing the color depth again to the set palette won't be an easy undertaking, I suspect. You might get civ-specific and/or transparent colors spread all over where you don't want them.

As for cartoonish graphics, I don't think there's a ready filter for such in PSP7, at least. (I know version 8 is out, but haven't tested it myself.) I would start experimentation with posterize, edge preserving blur and edge detect (for the outlines) filters.

Very original!

Originally posted by Monophonic

As for cartoonish graphics, I don't think there's a ready filter for such in PSP7, at least. (I know version 8 is out, but haven't tested it myself.) I would start experimentation with posterize, edge preserving blur and edge detect (for the outlines) filters.

I don't have PSP, but Monophonic is correct. These kind of filters can get you close to what you are looking for. I say close because it can take a lot of time to fix up the areas that they don't work that well on. (I've got a bit of experience with the pros and cons of these particular filters - my mod used most of them at some point - as well as many, many hours prepping them and cleaning up afterwards).

as for bluish rivers, Yes I'm working on them...

I'm currently alliging Coasts & terrain, (288 different graphics to pixel paint...ayrrgh)

I've almost finished the 'Parchment' set and am currently aligning the 'hand coloured' set - I coloured in all my skecthes with a set of kids pencils, to really get the right feel.

Heres a screen shot to keep you wanting

Attachments

• latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 524
Originally posted by Bane Star
Heres a screen shot to keep you wanting

I think your opening screenshots were enough to keep everyone wanting.:)

Of course no one will complain about more screenshots though.;)

could you make a screenshot with some land and sea units on it? i really like to see them on your map , btw looks great :)

:wavey:

You still working on this, Bane Star?:)

I really like this map terrain set. Its like, :eek:
Hope its still going, cos it rocks!

Yeah, sorry about the Delay, Real Life sometimes Eats into Game life... I've had to deal with some doozies, New job 60+ hours a week and then a funeral, company restructures and I'm now unemployed... So I'll now at the very least I can get back to these Graphics

Top Bottom