Hand Drawn Graphics

Ok, So I'm nearing completion, and have only a few tweaks to go...some tiles that dont line up and stuff...
I think with the time its taken me to get this far, Its a fair bet to say I'll take another week to be completed..

So Where can I post it, Were looking at a 6.5 Meg File...

Originally posted by Bane Star
...So Where can I post it, Were looking at a 6.5 Meg File...
Zip it in some parts (3, I'd guess :)), each no bigger than 3 megs, and upload them to the server here, using the "Upload File" link at the bottom of each page. Post the links in the thread. :)

HTH

Im sure Thunderfall would let you upload the pack to the server if you ask ihm:)

Well seeing how I've edited ALL of the terrain graphics, then YES the railroad graphic would be included, Of course its modified to be a 'local villages' graphic instead...

Ok, I suppose I can seperate it into smaller files, 3Mg is the limit you say??

Oh an heres a handy tool I used for a few things, Pollution mainly, but then I went on to use it to line up lots of other things

I think it might be easier to post them in my own forum and make a link to it, since there are 3 sites that I 'talk' to people about this Idea...
Screen Shot is one of my final tests on pollution, I'm making the 'upper layer' icons a shade lighter so you can differentiate from the base terrain, Is this a good idea you think???

Attachments

• pollute.jpg
    pollute.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 243
I think it might be easier to post them in my own forum and make a link to it, since there are 3 sites that I 'talk' to people about this Idea...
I think you should upload it to the server here (and other places too, if you want, of course :)). If your server goes down they'll be lost to the civ community, but if you upload them here they'll be available "forever". Even if you lose interest in civ3, and fill your site with baseball pics instead. :crazyeye: These things have happened before. :cry:

Seriously, these are the times I sometimes want the game to have "era-specific terrain graphics".

I mean, when you hit the middle ages, the graphics would change from this to, say, sn00py's terrain, and during industrial ages and beyond, the regular graphics that ship with the game...

I'm talking about the impossible here, though...

Oh I totally Agree,

I'm cleaning up the basic graphics and adding all the little Nuances that make up one of those 'old world' sketched maps,

One thing I noticed in the early days is that a clean map looks boring at first, but later in the game.. a map with all the interesting bits is too 'busy' So I'll realease it first as clean, and another version as messy.

Oh, one last thing, The Fog of War... Light & Fog as normal, but for the unknown, How about the burnt edges of a blank map??

Nice work, Bane Star. :thumbsup:

About different graphics in different ages:

I would be happy, if even the mine gfx would change between the eras (like the fortress does). :)

Originally posted by aaglo
Nice work, Bane Star. :thumbsup:

About different graphics in different ages:

I would be happy, if even the mine gfx would change between the eras (like the fortress does). :)

I'm afraid you have to ask Firaxis about that ;)

Originally posted by aaglo
embryo, i know.

And i just realized it, and the beta for conquests is at the chalk lines :(

..well, you cannot always remember everything ;)

Maybe it's still an unannounced feature? I mean, who knows nowadays... :p

Oh, one last thing, The Fog of War... Light & Fog as normal, but for the unknown, How about the burnt edges of a blank map??

Sorry, this won't work (although it does sound cool).

Firaxis hardcoded the Fog-o-War graphics in PTW (and Conquests) to keep people from abusing them in competitive games.

I wish this didn't apply to scenarios (maybe scenarios with a special flag checked like "custom Fog of War")

Originally posted by SpincruS

Maybe it's still an unannounced feature? I mean, who knows nowadays... :p
aaglo certainly knows, as he's a beta tester. ;)
aaglo, you can always blame me, I've also complained about that. [punch]

:goodjob: This looks grand!

Top Bottom