1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hattrick

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Dell19, Oct 24, 2004.

1. socralynnek

socralynnek Civ & Hattrick addict

My season started very well. In the first round of the cup I had a WO, so I could PIC and play 5-5-0 with training passing for def and mid.
    The first league match I won 4-3 against my biggest opponent for promotion.
    I lost the second cup match 2-5 at home but at least I had 230000 Euro income from spectators in eight days.
    Maybe I would have had a chance in the cup if I had fielded my first midfield and MOTSed but I'm concentrating on promotion and I wouldn't want to miss the first round of the CDZ cup...
    Now I'm playing against the first in my league but I'm pretty sure I gonna win.

2. Elsaak

Elsaak European und Réunionnais

can you give me a short lesson on PIC and MOST, please ?

I win my first cup match 7-1, then my first league match against the only human of my league 8-2 ;
    then, this week, with a huge chance (!), I pass one more turn in French Cup against a stronger team that me (3-1) ; even if it seems to be nearly impossible for me to win the next round, what should I do :
    is it a good idea to play PIC with my "second" team on the 2nd league game, then to put my first team and MOTS the next wednesday ?

Elsaak FC (298745)

3. socralynnek

socralynnek Civ & Hattrick addict

Hmmm...maybe your league opponent gets a manager by then...and with your second team you might be unlucky and lose the league game against the computer opponent.
    I think, with your first team and a MOTS on wednesday you only have a chance if he PICs and plays his second team, but since your league (even if the teams get managers) doesn't look very strong, you might risk it.
    You might want to field your best players in non-training positions in both games and field your b-trainees in the league and the A-players in the cup.
    At least, by doing a PIC now and a MOTS in the cup, you don't lose as high as you would with both normal, which is good for your supporters mood, so Isay, go for it!

4. Elsaak

Elsaak European und Réunionnais

Yes, I think I can take that risk : my chances of winning on next cup round are so low that I should take all the opportunites on my side !! :lol:

tanks so much socralynnek :goodjob:

5. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

If you cannot realistically win a game and would have to hope for some amazing luck it may be best to PIC and press and hope you win that way. If you can get get close on a MOTS it may be worthwhile if the opposition plays a weaker side allowing you to win.

6. Yndy

Yndy Emperor

7. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Won 6-0 after PICing so it was a nice result.

8. Alice

Alice Warlord

I'm a Hattrick addict :)
    This is my 5th season playing, my team is Gondwana, in Argentina.
    I just lost 2-4 :(

9. Darth_Pugwash

Darth_Pugwash wobble wobble

I've not posted in this thread for months, but I have been active in Hattrick since I got a team.

In my second season in charge of Pugwash FC, lost the first 2 games of the season 3-1 and 4-0. The team is pretty bad, but I'm trying to buy a couple of players to strengten the squad.

10. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Hi whats your team ID so I can have a look at your team? Thanks :)

@Pugwash. Are you training anything? If not then you should really try to get a passable coach and a bunch of 18 year olds in a particular area and then start training one of the primary areas (scoring, playmaking, winger, defence, goalkeeper). The guide at www.hottrick.org explains training in a lot more detail. Also if you are (or end up) training playmaking, winger or goalkeeper then you should look into switching to a 3-5-2 since this is widely known as the best formation. Try playing it in friendlies first to build up experience in it. You really were unlucky with you starting team... :(

11. Alice

Alice Warlord

@Dell: My team's ID is 327138

12. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Cool you seem to be doing very well in Argentina :)

13. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

0-4 against the team that finished fourth last season and is probably the fourth best team in the league. Should have a comfortable win next weekend since I'm at home against a similar team. The score line probably would have been higher but after 35 minutes we lost our best striker as he was sent off sowe only scored 1 other goal in the rest of the game.

14. mitsho

mitsho Deity

so it was 4-0 for you if I understand you correctly? you've wrote it down in a weird way (0-4, but still a win... :)).

Well, you're doing good then? (I have 9 points out of 3 games, but that doesn't mean anything... :))

mfG mitsho

15. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Yeah it was an away game so I wrote their score first. :) I have 6 points after losing 5-1 in the opening game against the best team. It didn't help that I PICed but I'm hoping to have a slight chance of fluking a win in the last match.

btw did you read the www.hottrick.org guide in the end?

16. Shabbaman

Shabbaman rebuffing the rebels

What is your current team spirit?

17. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

MOTS in the cup - furious
    PIC in the league - Irritated
    PIC in the league - composed
    Normal in the league - composed

So composed after the last game. Will have a walkover in two games where I will PIC again before a big home game. The good thing is that team confidence is now at wonderful so my strikers should get some very nice ratings.

18. mitsho

mitsho Deity

erm, to be honest, I didn't have the time (And btw. I searched a long time on hAttrick.org :) Didn't get the o until now. :) But I'm gonna do it. sometimes .. today perhaps. :)

Btw. PIC means: play best you can and MOTS means: save your energy for later?
    (I'm not common with the english expressions)

mfG mitsho

19. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

No its the other way round

PIC stands for Play it Cool
    MOTS stands for Match of the Season

20. mitsho

mitsho Deity

thanks. .:) (btw. I read it now half-way)