Hatty - Monarch Cookbook Mark II (IC concurrent)

I didn't even get a mention in the voting blurb for completing the game.

Your MC efforts have been erased from memory :lol:

Uhh...I feel like I killed the thread. Trying to be helpful. Was I too harsh?

Anyone else gonna vote?

Okay...let's get those votes in so we can start the next round. I'll hold the voting session open for a few more hours.

My votes:

1st place Vranasm: For the great bpt, and managing to get the important wonders early such as the Great Library, and for blocking off HRE and JC decently.Dyes city at size 7 and timbucku at size 13 is pretty good also
2nd Place: Fezzik: For good bpt and timbucktu's size. 10 cities with 12 workers is very nice also.
3rd place :Cripp7 Decent Bpt, Confu shrine, Nice amount of cities and a good blocking of JC and HRE.

Glad to see Vranasm is getting the credit he deserves. His IC shadow was great too.

I think I'll probably just shadow the rest. I get too sloppy the times I keep playing this far. Need to learn how to do it proper.

Well, despite the nice number of submission this round, the voting was rather lax, with about half the participants actually voting.

Based on the results, Vranasm won the round by 3 points over Fezzik, with Cripps a very close 3rd place.

I will open Round 3 shortly. I have not reviewed the saves yet myself due to Fantasy Football obligations, but plan to do so by tomorrow.

Round Three Is Open

Congratulations to Vranasm for winning the vote in the second round! Vrany has improved from a struggling Settler level player to an Immortal player in this MC alone. He will now try his luck on the IC 3rd round, so is not eligible to play the next round, although I'm sure he will still shadow and contribute.

Good discussion and participation during Round 2, but I would like to see more folks voting at the conclusion of a round.

Below you will find the save that will be used for Round 3:

Vranasm

Round 3 lasts from 400 AD - 1400AD and will tentatively end at Noon EST on Sunday, September 5th, with voting to occur the subsequent couple of days.
(Note: Alt-M allows you to set reminders for X number of turns)

This round is also open to players that have not previously submitted games and have not played/shadowed past the date of 400AD. Players that feel their overall game is too strong for the MC may submit shadow games, and this is actually welcome as it can prove educational for less experienced players.

Possible Goals/Questions for this round:

Can folks finish the game by 1400AD? Is a more peaceful approach viable here or should Egypt be the only Civ left standing?

:goodjob: vranasm

Sorry i did not have time to vote, I did not have enough free time to review the saves :(
Hope i find the time to play this round.

lymond, your last post there is rather confusing and full of things that make no sense! :crazyeye:

I think he copy and pasted and forgot this was round 3. Very sloppy for a seasoned player like him. I can see why he banned me. *runs*

I think he copy and pasted and forgot this was round 3. Very sloppy for a seasoned player like him. I can see why he banned me. *runs*

Oops...I did miss 1 change there. Trynthlas, what else is confusing about my Round 3 announcement.

Oops...I did miss 1 change there. Trynthlas, what else is confusing about my Round 3 announcement.

That may have been it, really I understood the post but was amused by the typo(s) ;)

Sorry for not voting, didn't really have time to look in detail at the other saves unfortunately!

1400ad
Spoiler :
Short n' sweet, beelined MT (Lib) then beeline to Steel. Building *Cuirassiers, *Cannon
Vassaled JC, Cathy and have a stack ready for Asoka. Built Conf shrine. Game is won already.

Spoiler pics :

Moscow is pretty, 4GGs!

Attachments

• MC2 Round 3 Cripp AD-1400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    238.1 KB · Views: 65
@vranasm
Spoiler :
Had to keep JC happy at first, he kept putting units on the border ready to attack. Once I got the power rating up, Cathy declared on him so he went to fight her in the east. A few turns later I declared and captured the NE city (fish/rice) and razed the smaller 2 west of his capital. After that it was smooth sailing. Charlie was friendly and bribed to declare on Cathy same turn I capped JC and declare on Cathy.

@vranasm
Spoiler :
Had to keep JC happy at first, he kept putting units on the border ready to attack. Once I got the power rating up, Cathy declared on him so he went to fight her in the east. A few turns later I declared and captured the NE city (fish/rice) and razed the smaller 2 west of his capital. After that it was smooth sailing. Charlie was friendly and bribed to declare on Cathy same turn I capped JC and declare on Cathy.

I do wonder if another round is really worth it here. I think all saves could just play to a finish. Up to lymond as his thread.

Spoiler :
Playing on from Cripps save took me 6 turns to win. 1430ad win. I really think cannons have slowed down your advance on this game. I would of simply played it out.

Top Bottom