1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have not played in a while, anything new?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Larsenex, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Have there been any really new or large patches in the last month and a half? I have not picked up the game as I am playing TOR. So how is the game at this point? I was making my own maps and such but it was getting very tedious. Have they or will they ever put in an 'in game' editor like Civ 4 had? Any new combat mechanix updates or such?

Thanks for any advice!

2. Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves Grand Inquisitor

There was a december update that was supposed to fix the multiplayer, I can't comment on this as I don't make use of that feature though.

Apart from that nothing new, apart from the news that Firaxis is working on XCom (and has been doing so for a while) so even the chances of an expansion pack or more DLC's are dissapearing.

The dev's clearly gave up on this game a few patches and DLC's in, I find it amusing how certain fans have not.

3. Bechhold

Bechhold King

Nope.

4. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

You can now play an up to 8 player Multiplayer game. Any game with more than that is still unstable. The patch only added a bit of stability to Multi.

So no, you didnt miss much.

5. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Thanks for the replies. Is hotseat implemented? I never really thought it was. So Firaxis has given up on Civ 5? Too bad, its not a bad game just needs more umph. Did they ever release the DLL so we can get proper mods?

6. Lance of Llanwy

Lance of Llanwy King

Hotseat was implemented two patches ago.
    Also, the DLL is *supposed* to come out soon and "something" is supposed to be announced soon, according to 2K Greg a while back.

7. Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves Grand Inquisitor

I think that announcement was X-Com, my apologies for ruining any lingering hope you might've had.

8. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

Who knows, they may still surprise us and announce an expansion in February or March...

9. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

Well, abou that something to be announced... Remember the super secret unit they planned? It turned out to be the giant death robot, which by then was not a secret any more. I think the big announcement was probably X-COM rather than any secret civ5 project. 2K is lame like that.

10. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: It seems that the questions has been answered sufficiently, and even so sufficiently that there's no need anymore to talk about this topic, like you can see in the last posts.
    -> Question answered, thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.