1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you stopped playing until patched?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by vahouth, Nov 20, 2014.

?

To play or not to play? This is the question.

1. I've stopped playing until the patch arrives.

154 vote(s)
    69.7%
  2. I won't stop playing, I'm having a blast!

67 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

People on these forums tend to represent the more 'hardcore' players. So if 2/3s here have stopped playing, then we have a serious issue.

2. m15a

m15a Emperor

Well, yes, there are serious issues. And that's why the game is being patched. Anyway, there's actual data about how few people are playing overall (mentioned above), so no need to guess about that.

3. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Well, I stopped playing this weekend. Finished playing my 2nd game. Over 100h spent with BtE total.
    Now, I do not want to start the 3rd game and get balance patch in the middle of the game. That would be too distruptive. And Steam platform is pushing updates without choice to players. No way to delay patch without using offline mode, when you can not go online for other games.

And since it took me two weeks on average to finish one game, it's too risky to start another one.

I just started playing Legend of Grimrock 2, and after I finish it hopefully there would be new patch.

4. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

FWIW, last time I checked (Friday or Saturday, I think), CivBE was putting less players than CiV, but was still ahead of CKII (which was sort of a surprise to me) and EU4, for instance, according to Steam. Not remarkable, and perhaps lacking for a fresh release, but solid, I guess.

I know I haven't been able to start a new CiV game since I started playing BE, depsite wanting to play the new patch. I've been playing some CK2/EU4 along it, but CiVBE has been draining most of my free hours these last weeks.

5. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

Yeah, that's a puzzler for me as well.

6. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Yes. Still playing, not "having a blast."

7. Mivo

Mivo Warlord

Yes, I've decided to wait for the patch. Just wasn't having fun with the game in it's present state. That's okay, though, and what I have come to expect from 2k titles.

8. etipton3

etipton3 Chieftain

So far I just find it hard to have fun so far its just not as fun. I find myself clicking through just to click through turns just to click through turns. I have yet to have the "one more turn" feel haven't had it yet once so not twice for sure. Even with patches i don't think it will be that great with patches.

9. Waywocket

Waywocket Warlord

Silly question: is there a way to change my vote? I voted after 3 or 4 games, and now that I've played another couple I just can't stand to play any more.

10. cakes

cakes Prince

i have been playing but on quick. having a blast

11. Selereth

Selereth Warlord

They REALLY should look into changing the Affinity level required to build the Victory wonders because what is the point of getting things like Xeno Titans, Planet Carvers, and more advanced buildings if you can just win long before those ever come into play? I mean granted you can beeline for certain units but they're usually out of the way and by the time you DO get them you've already almost won/lost. It seems pointless to max out an affinity if you can win 5 levels beforehand.

12. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

Yeah, if you're actually trying to win, the game ends before you've even cleared half the tech web.

Maybe earlier if you chose the easier victories.

13. Soronery

Soronery Prince

I cannot play this game as it is. The trade routes drive me insane and there is virtually no depth to the game to try new things.

14. Haggbart

Haggbart King

A very good point indeed. I am rather surprised this is not allready on the change list for the patch. Required affinity levels for victory wonders should be 15-16, and the contact victory should also have another required tech or something else to delay it.

15. omniclast

omniclast Prince

There is a user mod that does exactly this, if you're into that kinda thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334000384

Note you have to turn off contact as there's currently no fix for that.

16. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

I keep saying I'm waiting for the patch then I end up playing again. Still ignoring health though, because I can. And I may play with all victories off and just build because the game is too short to really try things out as it is.

17. traius

traius His own worst enemy

These are the most annoying sentences I have ever read.

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Just not "Fun", not playing and I Pre-Ordered to boot And Forced myself to accept Steam because this was supposed to be Civ In Space. Not. It's CiV Colony, the really short version. :(

JosEPh

19. Asklepios

Asklepios Warlord

Well... this is why I never preorder games or buy on day of release. I was pretty hugely hyped about this, but I also remember that Civ V was way inferior (in my opinion) to Civ 4 until the first expansion turned up, and its only now at the end of its life cycle that its now looking to be a better game overall.

I was sceptical that BE would be a good game out of the gate, given the track record, and so decided not to buy until I saw civfanatics posters saying that it was awesome. This poll clinches it for me: I'm not buying it till its a good game.

20. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

I think I really will like this game, but it is very hard to play when the mini map doesnt show up, the leader screens are all warbled, and the terrain is rainbowy.

I treat the release as like a beta, and when its patched hopefully the game will work better.