Have you stopped playing until patched?

To play or not to play? This is the question.

• I've stopped playing until the patch arrives.

Votes: 154 69.7%
  • I won't stop playing, I'm having a blast!

Votes: 67 30.3%

• Total voters

vahouth

Prince
As the title says.
I myself have stopped playing after 4 campaigns.
How are you guys doing?

I've played 12 campaigns and will probably slow down a bit but still enjoying the game. I've also been toying with some mods in short games that I didn't count in the above number.

Still playing when I can, which isn't that often. I do think I'll play much less than I played Civ V unless they improve the game a lot with patches.

Still playing, but it is frustrating at times. No vote due to answer wording.

If a Mod could help, I would add a third option to the poll for the displeased who still play even though less frequently.

To be honest though, the "having a blast" part was sarcastic, but I can see other people still enjoying the game as it is.

It is possible to stop playing until the patch is released without there being any lack of satisfaction on my part ;) I frequently resist starting a new game of 'whatever' when I know that there is a major patch coming along that will radically change the gameplay. And I don't want to be mid-game when it comes down because I might not be able to continue with it after patching.

I only did 2 campaigns. It's fun but could be so much better - confident the patches will address the issues. Its not like ,in my opinion, there are major design flaws. But a lot of rebalancing needed.

Had stayed away from Civ V for months until BE came out. Went back and did a Civ V campaign. So much better!

there is no third option:

I will continue playing until all achievements are achieved (70% now), then stop playing until patched.

I will continue playing until all achievements are achieved (70% now), then stop playing until patched.

Exactly as you. Thou I`m a bit more ahead of you. Just 2 more, multiplayer win and nests destroyed. yay!

I've completed 8 games -one with each leaders-, but I really had to force myself to finish the last three. I've been playing a bit since, but usually not more than 50 turns in a row. It just stops being fun once oyu have three cities and the snowball effect sets in.

Continue to have fun with the game. Finished somewhere between half a dozen and ten games by now. :D

I'm probably done till the patch. Played eight games and after accomplishing the Slavic battlesuit slingshot on Apollo I don't think I can play knowing how easily I can game the system. Also playing Franco-Iberia and PAU I did fairly poorly due to them being more tall focused and wide being the way to go.

I'm still playing. I'm on my 11th or 12th game. I enjoy it for what is it and I want to fully master Apollo before the difficulty is increased. Once I finish my current game I will have won all victory types on Apollo.

I am genuinely curious about this. What compels people to play games just (or even primarily) for Steam achievements?

Stopped playing? I've stopped consideration of *buying* it until I see better reviews post-patch.

you can play it if you have the right mods and edit a few of the XML files. but the ai is still useless though.

I'm still on my 2nd game (*gasp*) and I'm actually having a blast with it. I look forward to playing it and think of it when I'm working or driving (the Beyond Earth music I play in my car helps with that too, haha).

I thought I would be a Supremacy guy, and tried to go that route while roleplaying a little bit as the ARC my very first game. But, I lacked the Firaxite around my territory and other things weren't going so great.

That game was mainly exploratory, so I cut it sooner before finishing it and started up a new one. This time, however, I let the land dictate which affinity I'd go for.

Floatstone... floatstone everywhere... "Damnit!", I thought. Out of the affinities, Purity looked the least interesting to me and I thought the units looked dumpy in their dirty yellow/brown trash color and big, clunky looking machines with too many things on them compared to the streamlined and sexy Harmony and Supremacy ones.

Man, was I wrong! Once I started building an army of battlesuits, I felt really epic. I just love the centurion-inspired helmets, their hulking armor, and most importantly those red capes... the capes are so very cool. But, things got even better once I got my first levitating unit, the lev tank. It's a lot of fun traveling alongside my navy, ready to blast things away, or taking shortcuts through things like canyons. And the lev destroyer is just a big metal heap of beastliness.

Two nights ago, I was delightfully surprised by another thing. I didn't know that the final versions of all my vehicles gain the hover ability too! I'm at war right now with someone on another continent, (who has been annoying me and condemning me lately) and I'm just speeding across the ocean and cruising all over his continent and coasts while I wipe him off the map and purify "my" planet further. :D

I've taken hidden option C: self patch with mods

Played 6 full games, started a lot more but didn't bother to finish them. Unless the patch really changes things I'm not sure if I'm going back to CivBE.

I'm still having a blast. The game was definitely pushed out the door too early, but I truely love the Sci Fi theme, the lore and most of the innovations. I finished 10 games so far, but have yet to try out the ARC and the African Union. I'm current 105 turns into my 2nd Slavic Federation campaign, this time going for Domination on Sojus level, great fun so far.

Top Bottom