Help appreciated: Changing Global AI aggression/difficulty level

shammy94

Chieftain
I would like to know how to change the global (game option) AI aggression level in the XML or other files. I know there are a lot of variables that determine the AI's attitude and attitude change to you (for example, the likelihood that Russia will start a war, end a war, get angry about a different religion, raze a city etc is different from those likelihood for the Inca) . I do not want to mess with any of those because they are complex and also specific to each civilization and need to be left alone to keep each civ unique.
Instead, I want to know if there is a general "AI aggression" setting somewhere that can be changed and that influences the general level of warmongering the AI does. I have heard this setting mentioned in various places but no instructions on how to change it. If this setting is a string variable (e.g., "aggressive", "neutral", "friendly", etc) versus a number variable I will need to know those too. I hope I have explainmeed cleary what I need. In essence, I am using the Realism Mod and though i love the mod, the AI has been set to "Aggressive" and they are just too unfriendly for me. I like diplomacy but I a getting every civilization declaring war on me before I can even sign open borders or trade aggreements.

Alternatively it would be nice to go back to the Civ3 version of setting up a game where you had 5 AI settings. Now you have 2; aggressive or not. I see no reason why we can't have more.

Top Bottom