Help at immortal

Rygaros

Chieftain
Hi,

Doing my first game at immortal and I sure have had it tough. Quite big difference compared to emperor wich is to easy for me.
Anyways, I still had a pretty good start popping hanging gardens wich have worked well för Moscow;)
In the game there have been two computers that proposed greater threat, Romans and the Persians. Persians is on the continent right next to me(only two seatiles away)and the romans were on same as me. So I decided to finish of the romans first(they were having the largest troops as well). I managed to wipe them off but during this time Darius grew strong. He were 9 technologies ahead of me and sold drugs or something couse he got allied to almost every single citystate. On top of that he started on apollo program as well and poped the pieces for it in such speed.

The year was around 1780 and my only chance(what i thought)was to try capture Darius capital to make his spaceshipprogress halt. At this state I got my hands on oil so I started to build bombers in many cities. Due to the fact hes capital was so close to my continent, I conquered one of his tiny citys he had settled in the desert right next to my capital, and made that one as a baseoperation for my planes. The city was actually 9 tiles away so I could bomb him:king:

After alot of turns I finally managed to capture Persepolis. But once I did, the graphic of the apollorprogram moved to hes new capital Pasargadae:confused:
I guess its not possible to halt an apollo program progression of another civilization if you dont wipe them off completely?

Didnt had time to play any more so couldnt see the conclussion of this. But I guess he will be winning in some turns since he still got much troops(including deathrobot wich I dont have:(, but hey, I have never seen it before so that was nice:p) and I wont have time to take him off completely.

Kinda weird that one computer gets so much better than the others. Attila and Siam are worthless compared to me and Darius.

there is a noticeable jump from emperor to immortal, but immortal is pretty winnable most of the time. Persia is a pretty dangerous AI...their UA is really good for the computer because they get so much happiness, so they are always in a golden age. I generally try to attack them sooner rather than later if possible, before they can run away. Rome can be a strong opponent too though, so it's not an easy call.

as for the spaceship, you can surround their capital to prevent units from reaching it, but you can't kill it directly (like you noticed).

as for the spaceship, you can surround their capital to prevent units from reaching it, but you can't kill it directly (like you noticed).

Ah, thats true. I will try and do that. But I will probably loose this anyway:( To bad since I would have won if I just had like 20 more turns...

Correct. If you take the capital, the partially completed space ship, with its already-attached parts, is magically teleported to the AI's replacement capital and he can keep adding parts as they are built. In that circumstance, you're better off surrounding the AI's capital, to block the AI's ability to add more parts to the partially completed SS.

The best thing to do in this case has to be like this:

I capture hes capital. Then make him recapture it, then capture again and then let him take it again. This would make it a lv 1 city, or at least around there. After that I should surround it with my military forces. With a lv 1 capital it would take ages for him to finish of the last spaceship part, if he decides to build it in that town.

The problem if I just grab the capital, then hes new captial will be like 25-30 and he can finish of the last part inside that town and launch the rocket and I cant do anything about it.

Are you with me guys?:rolleyes:

Immortal is much harder after the latest patch, mainly because AI city spamming is very aggressive in this level. In my most recent games i loose at this level in tech race and one AI manages to build the spaceship sooner than me. I hate the fact that now I am forced in every game to take rationalism pass and also rush for Hubble wonder.

Top Bottom