Help improve the expansion pack!

Here's a money and happiness thought.....

Set the game up so that if a civ is in running negative gold for 10 turns, it starts loosing its troops. Each turn units get automatically traded for gold equal to what is owed, when they run out of troops, its buildings. For militaristic civs, it can be buildings, then troops.

For happiness, any civ in the red, cannot declare war on another civ.

What does now being able to declare war in the red achieve gameplay wise?

I believe you already lose units when too far in the red. And keep in mind, running in the red is no problem if you still have enough gold left. So when your treasury is at 0 and you are still losing money, you first lose the scientific progress (I believe it's also 1 gold to 1 science) and when that runs out, you lose units. So, what would be new in your proposal? And why would you want it like that?

I don't see what goals this is intended for either.

If money is in the red: units are already disbanded.

If happiness is in the red: war is already harder and ill-advised (but advised to attack someone in the red).

I cant find any of thals mods on the steam mod workshop and when I click the automatic download from his website it says That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author. any help would be appreciated

The mod was removed from Steam Workshop after the release of Brave New World, and the accompanying patch Firaxis released. The patch changed a lot of things, which rendered the Gods & Kings Communitas mod (GEM) incompatible, so it was removed.

You can get the latest version of the mod for Brave New World here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15667&act=down

This is 3.1.8 Beta, Thal updates it regularly at civmodding.wordpress.com

Hope that helps :)

This is a really small suggestion, but could the 'Renamed Unit' feature come back into CEP? I really liked how all the generic unit names would be replaced with your own names when you hovered over them after you renamed them in promotions in CivUp & GEM.

Spoiler :

Basically I'd like the 'German Warrior' to be replaced with my custom name when I rename the unit. :)

My wish list:

Would really like to see Civilians be able to traverse past miliatary units.

Would like to see admirals be able to move the same as the fleet. Without having to get Exploration Policy. (What do they have a seperate dighny they are driving around the world in?).

Would like to see Whowards Canals mod added to CEP as an option.

Would like to see a filter for Dig Sites.

Would like to see trade routes changed to only working with open borders. Or a new Trade Partner agreement.

Would like to see an icon for CS that are willing to accept peace on the city or dropdown.

Would like to see notifications a turn before a research agreement expires.

Would like to see current city borders in the city view, especially when trying to decide if you want to Puppet a City.

Would like to see a number of turns till influential with this civ number on the Culture window.

Would like to see workers who don't leave the area/city/continent/only work on roads/Don't improve roads. Etc.

Would like to see a number of turns till influential with this civ number on the Culture window.

Move the mouse over the arrow. Only works if it is 'rising' which means that you get influential after x turn whereas 'slowly rising' means rising but coming to a stop at y% influence.

If you don't see how that is mathematically possible at one glance:
If you have 0 tourism the opponent has 1000 culture, your influence is 0%.
If you have 50 TPT and the opponent 100 CPT, after 10 turns, it'll be 500 v 2000, meaning 25% influence.
After no matter what turn, you will always have less than 50% influence, yet it will be 'slowly rising' all the time.

Any chance of a possibility of slowing down science. I love the balance in the mod, except for the science-race. I used to play with another mod that slows down science with 100/200/400% but that mod is not compatible with communitas

Things I would like to see added:
*Canals
*Great Merchants can permanently increase the max. number of available trade routes?
*vassals
*revolutions/instability mechanics
*All great people points are separate (like the culture ones are)
Edit:
*Under-mountain and Undersea tunnels, built on mountains and coast (note coast not ocean) and unlocked in the industrial and modern/information eras respectively and allow units to pass through the terrain as if it were a road.

I like the permanent trade route increase idea and the idea to separate Great People.

The tunnel idea is interesting, but there are already mini-mods that do that.

Any chance of a possibility of slowing down science. I love the balance in the mod, except for the science-race. I used to play with another mod that slows down science with 100/200/400% but that mod is not compatible with communitas

Just edit ResearchPercent in \Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameSpeeds.xml.

BrokenSky, increasing max available trade routes would be too powerful IMO. But, I do think that the great merchant should have a non-city-state-related special.

And isn't a revolution/instability mechanic already in place with ideologies? So do you mean extending this to earlier eras?

I like your other proposals. Vassals are sorely missed. Also missed is the colony mechanic: if you found enough cities on another continent, there should be some extra unhappiness, I think, and the option to make a colony if so desired to deal with that, which could either involve the cities becoming permanent puppet cities with some modifiers (and can revolt in a way similar to the ideology revolt, but with different triggers), or they could just become a new civilization who are immediate vassals of you.

Also, the Seaport improvement costs 4 maintenance, but the building itself gives two gold. Wouldn't it make more sense to remove it's gold bonus and reduce the maintenance to two gold?

With regards to capturing cities, I don't like how choosing "Mercy" prevents revolt in the city you captured. This completely nullifies the reduction to revolt time that high Tourism gives you, which is a hit against the culture+military strategy. I would personally prefer that city capture returned to the way it was, or that it be overhauled from what it is.

Dunno if this is the right place for bug reports/suggestions, or whether these topics have come up before (much intimidated by the volume of the thread):

1) Horse Archer Accuracy upgrade does not stick (it simply disappears one turn after selecting it)
2) Brutes (Soldier units) upgrade to Battering Rams (Vanguard units). For some reason it then allows you to select upgrades twice (I tested - got Cover I twice).
3) Attila is seriously overpowered (maybe just give him a chance of receiving a unit from captured barbs, something in the lines of 75% chance of gold like normal, 25% of a unit)
4) Hand-Axe upgrades to nothing

Version 3.13 (at least that is what I downloaded, it still says 3.12 in the Mods list).

It seems that the Leaning tower of Pisa has the wrong artwork in the Civilopedia.
Can anyone confirm this ?

The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a vanilla wonder that we have transformed into the wonder called Duomo.

If you are seeing anything related to the Leaning Tower then you may have a cache related problem. Clear you cache and install the mods without any other mods, just to check for conflicts, and report back.
If you could provide your logs also as they help us track any problems.

How about for the Huns. +1 Happiness for each Great General. The empire fell over with the death of one of their leaders......helps to represent this. Or maybe give the starting Horse Archer +5 Hapiness.... :)

Top Bottom