Help me please!

Khadras2007

Chieftain
Hi! I'm new in moding Civ4 and a need some help.

First:
I want to modify Biological Missile to do the follow:
1. To plague the target city (like great doctor's plague)
2. To appear disease feature around the targeted city on a specific area witch i define it (likee fallout when ICBM explode).
I see Andromeda Strain in Thomas' War mod but it is not what i want to do.

Second:
I want make features (fallout, disease, natural gas) to appear in city plot, not just arround. How can i do that?

Can anyone helps me? Please!

First:
2. To appear disease feature around the targeted city on a specific area witch i define it (likee fallout when ICBM explode).

Second:
I want make features (fallout, disease, natural gas) to appear in city plot, not just arround. How can i do that?

Well actually, the great doctor, and terrain features disease and gas are all things not in BTS but Thomas invented for Thomas' War so you'd have to copy the art, XML, and python files for them from the Thomas' War mod - terrain features are easy as that's just XML, the great doctor might be a problem. Thomas did release a separate version but that was a while ago and he's said himself the code is a mess and he needs to go back and clean it up. It's ported from the Gods of Old mod so it might be good to compare Thomas' code to what's found in that mod.

Or you know, ask Thomas himself.

First:

Second:

Well, as I explained in the Thomas' War thread, to make the Biological Missile unit do it specifically when it attacks you would need to write some python code, and I pointed out that your best bet would be to use the onCombatResult or onUnitKilled functions in the EventManager python file.

As for your second question, do you mean have the city not remove those features when it is founded in which case there is the def citiesDestroyFeatures(self,argsList): function in the GameUtils python file you can play around with. If you mean just placing it when doing the above, then you don't need anything extra. Just tell the code you write to place those features with the biological missile to also place them in the city plot.

For fallout from a nuke you should use the onNukeExplosion function in EventManager and tell it to place fallout in the city plot.

Like i said, i'm new in modding Civ, and i know just XML, not pyton. I need some help, some example code about you talk.

Top Bottom