Help on Sid Game

I can't remember the number, but do the Dutch have any friends or is a case of you having all enemies? IOW what are the chances that the Dutch will get votes or even call for a vote?

I want to say it is 5 turns, but it could be 11. I just do not get the UN much and forget. Anyone you can turn against the Dutch?

There are 3 civs (well, 4, but Portugal could be killed in one turn by me) so I need to kill England enough so they won't be a candidate (from 25% land or pop) with MA with Dutch. Then the Dutch will be pretty gassed, so I can perfectly time a RoP rape (or failed tech steal) and take Amsterdam so I have to hold it for one turn. I will then ally England vs. The Dutch and England will automatically vote for me. But the Dutch are nearing 100k and 20k, and Amsterdam's main danger of being lost is by culture flip. This one will be tough.

Well, if you capture it in the lucky turn, call it crazy, what would come first, city flipping or UN Vote? :confused:

Mass migration to Amsterdam and hold the barbarians at the gates! This thread has been an interesting read, Own.

As posted earlier, I have recently read that UN vote is held every 11 turns.

To stop the city from flipping by packing it with units would probably require several hundred units. If you dont have that many units, then the only 100% sure way is to get a leader and rush your palace in the UN city. Then you "only" have to defend it until UN vote.

I think Dave was refering to razing it. Of course no UN then. If the UN was raze canit be built again. I suspect it could if Diplo is on.

ts64 is correct afaik only a palace is flip proof.

You have to have a MGL that can reach the UN city and have movement points left so he can rush the palace the same turn you capture the UN city. A city can not flip the same turn it is captured, the palace will complete and then the city is safe from flipping. If you capture our build any more citys the same turn you rush the palace, be sure to rush it the last thing you do, otherwise the palace cost might rise and you find you have some shields missing in the box.

Bombarding roads will waste many artillery turns, and won't stop Dutch from taking it. Build barricades all around the city instead.

That's what I did, but failed. I believe I would have made it if I had artillery (=3x as powerful as cannon).

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
Good point. Very good point; one should always demand evidence if someone makes such a claim ;).

Fact is, I knew I shot my rep in such a deal. So, I made a short test scenario (pm me if needed, but it ain't fancy at all):

You can make a pure gpt deal without any risk for your reputation.
However, if you include resources, your reputation gets killed if the recieving Civ dies within 20 turns.

And exactly that was the problem in 7+1; we had made peace with Babylon, and sold them Horses in the same turn...

Thanks, this confirms my games and the ACS.

You don't get a rep hit from gpt deals paying for techs if the civ dies. But you do get a rep hit if you were trading resources. :goodjob:

The article Trading Reputation by Microbe confirms this point distinguishing between tech deals and resources deals:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=113376&page=1

7 + 1. I enjoyed reading that Sid game. ;)

Pentium said:
Bombarding roads will waste many artillery turns, and won't stop Dutch from taking it. Build barricades all around the city instead.

I will do it with extra artillery after I've taken the city. What are the base turns for fortresses and barricades? And how many turns do industrious workers after RP? I need to know how many workers I need.

16 turns for each.

You should not have any extra artillery, all of them should be used for bombarding the city. You can never have too much artillery.

You have to bombard 16 tiles. You need at least 16 artillery, but each has 75% chance of hitting, so you need 20-15 Artillery. 16 Warriors will do the same job for 160 shields, less than 2 Arty. Hm :confused:

I was thinking you would jump the palace and hold them off if you had lots (and lots) of infantry and arty. Whats your army shaping up to be? The warrior idea is a good one, especially if you have some obsolete units lying around. Thats winning with creative flair.

Top Bottom