Help on Sid Game

And from out of nowhere, someone appears.

Own's Imaginary Friend- Dry your eyes, mate. We can still get a tech from Portugal. Just like the legend of Hammi's Garden of Eden. We gift them a city, surround it with our units to keep it safe from England and Billy.

Own- Idiot, if we could talk to them, I'd pay thru the nose for peace so I could steal a tech. We can't talk to them, so how the $%#@ are we supposed to gift them a city?

Own's Imaginary Friend- Hey, you are talking to yourself ;) , so don't call me an idiot. No matter how much you want it to be so, steam power is not the last tech we need to steal. We can't rely on stealing from the Dutch and English succeed every time. We just might be able to sign peace before they die. If we sign a MA with the English and the Dutch, they'll know that if they talk and sign peace, I will have given the English and Dutch less incentive to fight, so they think they might survive. It will ruin my alliance rep, but that is the cost. MPP's are slightly less powerful, but a good alternative.

Own- (sobbing) But what if the Dutch and England have a MPP as well?

Own's Imaginary Friend- What if they launch the Spaceship? What if the Dutch get a cultural victory? What if they get Mech Infantry before we are ready to attack? There are 1000 what if's that we can't control so we've got to just play the game. Stop crying, get up, concentrate, don't let your emotions get the better of ya, and win this frickin game.

Own- (still red in face, with voice cracked) Ok

I have traded for a world map, and the Portugeuse have their own little island [party] ! One more good thing about keeping them alive with just one city is that tech stealing costs will be dirt cheap. 1 city, close to my capital. I just hope they've got RP, and maybe industrialization.

Ha! England signs peace the turn after I sign an alliance. Yes, now my rep stays with England, at least.

That's 13 consecutive posts! No wonder you leed me by far ib terms of post count!

Good luck, tho!

I was beating you anyway, and I didn't want to edit one post, cause then it would sink to the bottom. I will post a screenie, but it will be just the same.

Ok, I'll edit this post with a screenie :) .

Attachments

• rails.jpg
    rails.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 172
The Dutch are building the UN, and will be done in 8 turns, so I need to eliminate Portugal before that. Does anyone know the # of turns inbetween times it asks you if you want to hold an election? I need to build up lots of arty and tanks, and take Amsterdam right before that, so I only need to hold it for one turn for a dirty diplo.

Looking like a good game there. (When i was looking at the screen shots i clicked on one of the stacks of units so i could see what was in it. How dumb ! please someone else admit to have done that themself) With respect to the question about how many turns between votes are held with the United Nations, for some reason i think its ten turns ? not sure if that correct or no. Im sure someone said to me once that its variabl and it based on how many changes have occured since the last vote. Again not sure if thats true either.

Top Bottom